Page 323 of 456 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I've talked about that on this site a couple of times in regards to X-Men: The Last Stand. The movie featured Jean becoming psychotic as a result of developing dissociative identity disorder (which is bullshit media myth). There were a few people trying to defend it by saying "it's a comic book movie" or "it wasn't trying be an accurate representation of mental illness". So that is suppose excuse making the Phoenix into an ableist caricature?

The X-Men are suppose to represent oppressed minorities like the mentally ill. Hell, the Dark Phoenix Saga was an example of this.
    I really wish they had done better by Jean as well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I didn't know that there were rumors of a backlash at Disney and Marvel Studios over how Strange 2 shook out. That's really interesting to me! I'm not surprised that it's happening though. I consider the MoM to be the WORST MCU entry by a country mile. Pure garbage. My brother who hates superhero movies but loves Rachel McAdams even knows about its mixed reception. He said that McAdams looked SO bored promoting the film and I can confirm she looked just as bored acting in it. Chapek's and Feige's teams deserve PLENTY of blame for the outright scorn the MoM is getting now. And you're right about non-Wanda fans losing interest in the MCU too. There are PLENTY of Bucky, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Sharon Carter and even Loki fans who are heartbroken about how their favorites were treated in Phase Four. And I'm not even going to get into how mad Hulk fans are right now. Hawkeye's show basically was setting the table for the spin-offs of three OTHER characters in it and that annoyed me greatly (and almost killed my interest in the MCU as a whole). I have said it before and I'll say it again. Disney is introducing WAY too many characters into the MCU and they're doing it at too fast a pace. Comic book fans are psyched about the coming of the Young Avengers, but I think general audiences were absolutely underwhelmed by most of their debuts because they were introduced so POORLY (unlike the characters that were introduced between Phases One and Three). Audiences are not gonna CARE about new superhero teams because the characters on them aren't really gaining any traction amongst the general public.

I know a LOT of people think Tom Cruise is a weird guy, but that dude seems to truly understand the pulse of the moviegoing public and does a really good job of giving them what they want. Feige used to be like that. But now he's become obsessed with making his movies and shows EXACTLY like the comic books even if it means making things more confusing and convoluted and that's extremely disappointing. I believe the "normies" and "casuals" who fell in love with the MCU in the past decade WILL reject that "comic book bullshit" eventually. The MCU used to be relatively grounded and relatable. But now you have characters who can wipe out the memories of millions of people and survive mountains collapsing on them because of "magic". I miss the days when MCU superheroes built their equipment in a cave with a box of scraps. And yes, I agree with you. I think the MCU is in a REALLY precarious position right now. WAY more than MCU stans think. If they deliver another few stinkers, I think it's game over for MCU as the dominant cultural phenomenon in Hollywood. All they need to do is SLOW DOWN. Make each MCU entry like an "event" again. And they MIGHT be able to right the ship so to speak. But I don't think they've learned their lesson. They're just gonna continue pumping out more shows and movies with the hope some of them will catch fire. Waldron is taking a lot of heat right now, but he shouldn't be the only one falling on a grenade.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm not sure there were. I made nearly a billion worldwide even without China and Russia. It's just that with better reviews and word-of-mouth it would have made a billion.

The movie was clearly in trouble when the original director and writer left and then the pandemic hit. Turning Wanda into the villain for the entire movie, when the original drafts had her as Strange's ally who turns bad at the end, was a huge disappointment to some Wanda fans because we wanted to see Wanda, not some psycho evil stranger. But Feige and Disney know how much trouble the movie was in before that change, so they probably know things could have been wrose.

Basically they didn't have a good story or a good villain so they just used Wanda as the sacrificial lamb to make an entertaining, if dumb, campy horror movie.
    What it was a Rumor in the news one of my LCS owners found and was taken down soon after that, we were talking about it among a group confirming it but now that it was taken down (It was on Bleeding Cool) and it was by what I thought I hear form a reliable source. However, since we can't find it anymore, it was likely taken down because it involved info not being wanted to be told by others and without the link anymore, I can't confirm this to be certain anymore to link to it.

However, it would not surprise me that it would be even abit of truth to it.

Yea MoM did make a ton of Money and while Disney says they were not expected it to make over a Billion Dollars and nearly be as big as NWH, the debate online just seems to be raging about even with the money they made on MoM if it was considered not a success because with all the hype behind it and it having such big players the debate being it could have done better even without China and Russia.

Adding to additional cost like Albert said with Re-shoots, Re-Writes and the Add campaign, it was likely more expensive then is being reported and the comeback on sales was not as much as it has been reported either the save face or they did not take stock in it would be this expensive of a movie.

Either way no amount of money can eraser the negative exposer of not only a debate on finance success, but in just sheer presentation that we have gone over here at verbatim.

MoM has divided fans so in it being even a good movie or not with the portrayal of the leads have been the subject of even more debate and dislike towards the MCU from poor to no usage to OOC usage that has gathered the Rath of both Fan community and the Media like Feminist Groups over the way Wanda was handle.

You don’t want to be a Mega Company like Disney and the MCU saying you are all about Female Leads and Characters and then have something like what happen to Wanda in MoM being a staple on that so called brand.

I think no matter what the truth is their seems to be allot of mess going on now in the MCU and where they go forward from this. Debate and Problems behind the scenes we will never really know because they never let such news escape the corps or if it does it will be flagged down right away. But not to think there are arguments and problems behind the scenes is a fair belief to have at this point like Star Wars has had the last few years.

In the end no matter what, these critical reactions to Character and Plot usage in MoM has taken the MCU aback and will not be moved on for easy until they address it or show in future projects a desire to clean them up. MoM might go down if so as an example of a less movie used too much to plot other movies and characters with bad usage if things get better and an example of what not to do if they made better on giving Wanda Better and getting her to come back good stories to fix what they did wrong in their AD-MoM story.

But right now, it is all hope and speculation with the MCU has lost abit of trust and love among fans and questioning form the media that does not openly shill for it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    What it was a Rumor in the news one of my LCS owners found and was taken down soon after that, we were talking about it among a group confirming it but now that it was taken down (It was on Bleeding Cool) and it was by what I thought I hear form a reliable source. However, since we can't find it anymore, it was likely taken down because it involved info not being wanted to be told by others and without the link anymore, I can't confirm this to be certain anymore to link to it.

Well, I hope they know it wasn't a good story. Cumberbatch certainly acted like he knew, and Olsen said she was shocked at this story after WandaVision. We have to hope that some of this has gotten through to Feige that "it was in the comics" isn't a good enough excuse.

Yea MoM did make a ton of Money and while Disney says they were not expected it to make over a Billion Dollars and nearly be as big as NWH, the debate online just seems to be raging about even with the money they made on MoM if it was considered not a success because with all the hype behind it and it having such big players the debate being it could have done better even without China and Russia.

Adding to additional cost like Albert said with Re-shoots, Re-Writes and the Add campaign, it was likely more expensive then is being reported and the comeback on sales was not as much as it has been reported either the save face or they did not take stock in it would be this expensive of a movie.

Either way no amount of money can eraser the negative exposer of not only a debate on finance success, but in just sheer presentation that we have gone over here at verbatim.

MoM has divided fans so in it being even a good movie or not with the portrayal of the leads have been the subject of even more debate and dislike towards the MCU from poor to no usage to OOC usage that has gathered the Rath of both Fan community and the Media like Feminist Groups over the way Wanda was handle.

You don’t want to be a Mega Company like Disney and the MCU saying you are all about Female Leads and Characters and then have something like what happen to Wanda in MoM being a staple on that so called brand.

I think no matter what the truth is their seems to be allot of mess going on now in the MCU and where they go forward from this. Debate and Problems behind the scenes we will never really know because they never let such news escape the corps or if it does it will be flagged down right away. But not to think there are arguments and problems behind the scenes is a fair belief to have at this point like Star Wars has had the last few years.

In the end no matter what, these critical reactions to Character and Plot usage in MoM has taken the MCU aback and will not be moved on for easy until they address it or show in future projects a desire to clean them up. MoM might go down if so as an example of a less movie used too much to plot other movies and characters with bad usage if things get better and an example of what not to do if they made better on giving Wanda Better and getting her to come back good stories to fix what they did wrong in their AD-MoM story.

But right now, it is all hope and speculation with the MCU has lost abit of trust and love among fans and questioning form the media that does not openly shill for it.
    I don't mind campy and cheesy fun movies. They can be really entertaining and enjoyable. But the MoM was neither of those things. I think Strange fans should be just as mad as Wanda stans. I mean some of things Stephen had to say was just flat-out cringe. I hated the post-credit scenes. He was shrieking in pain at the end of Strange 2 after getting that third eye, but when he meets up with Clea in a post-credit scene it's like nothing happened to him. Crazy! And check out the expression (or lack thereof) on Christine's husband when Strange fights that octopus at the beginning of the movie. It was so unintentionally funny. That's what happens when you have to react to pure CGI bullshit (so I don't blame that actor at all). Wanda's IQ was barely above room temperature in this movie. It's been established she could mind-control entire towns, but she did it to only one sorcerer at Kamar-Taj when she first attacked it? I mean, you can do so much more damage than that honey. I will give credit where credit is due though. The creators of the MoM managed to make the most action packed movie in the MCU's history really BORING at the same time. A remarkable feat. Yeah, Disney made money. But I think they have to give a big chunk of that change to theaters. I don't think we'll ever know how much went to the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    They seem to be trying to give each Marvel character a presence in the MCU. Some characters are more profitable in comics than in shows. Also it’s more about the writing and how you define each character. It’s not wrong to use the source material, but take some creative liberties that are within the realm of reason for the characters.
    I like that approach and I think it's fine to give D-list characters a chance to be fleshed out on Disney Plus. Lots of them would not be able to "carry" movies, and I'm all right with that. But I think the writing suffers because they have to meet really tight deadlines because OTHER shows have to be streaming in quick succession. I just think people are gonna give up watching the shows altogether if they are overwhelmed with content. I hear Ms. Marvel is a FANTASTIC show, but less people are watching it because they've been burned out by Marvel in the past couple of years.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Rewatching the movie on stream inflicts pain in my brain lol.
    But should be worth it once I get on the podcast I am invited to, cannot wait.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Thinking about the recent Agatha: House Of Harkness casting call. If that really turns out to be older Billy and he is portrayed as a ''fanboy'', I wonder what that will say about Wanda's current public image in the eyes of the MCU people. I'm really interested to see how the world is reacting to her actions, assuming they even know much about what happened.

I like the black being made the primary color here with the red being the supporting color. Maybe it could do with a bit more simplicity though. All the details on the costume make it almost a bit busy.

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/1759287345020224/

Also something fitting for some of the new rumors and developments

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Thinking about the recent Agatha: House Of Harkness casting call. If that really turns out to be older Billy and he is portrayed as a ''fanboy'', I wonder what that will say about Wanda's current public image in the eyes of the MCU people. I'm really interested to see how the world is reacting to her actions, assuming they even know much about what happened.
    Now this is interesting to speculate on.

• I haven't seen Ms. Marvel myself but apparently in the show there is Avengers merchandise and Wanda is included in that so she shares the celebrity status with everyone else. People are also aware of her feats like almost beating Thanos by herself.
    • The events of MoM are only know to the sorcerers of Kamar Taj and since their entire point is defending against mystical threats they have the insight into how and why this happened. Both Strange and Wong fully acknowledged it. Strange even showed sorrow that it had to end the way it did so I don't see them going around and slandering her name. Now some random sorcerer who has had enough ala Mordo could get the word out but I don't see that alone swaying public opinion. Especially since neither magic nor the Sorcerers are deeply embedded into the public to begin with.
    • Now Westview is the real problem here. We are talking about a town in the USA with almost 4000 innocent people in it and all of them know what happened and who did it. They don't know why but that should hardly matter to them. We are talking about a lot of trauma and fear that these people will have to deal with and Wanda never made up for it either. People in the town literally saw her flying away instead of facing justice and explaining herself. Even with the involvement of SWORD I don't know how you could cover something up at this scale. No to mention we haven't seen a reason why the should cover it up to begin with. Rebuilding Vision was a violation of the law but it doesn't have a connection with Wandas actions. Monica has showed sympathy. To an unhealthy degree if you ask many especially with that infamous line she said at the end but I don't see many others who would care about keeping Wandas image intact. We are talking about law enforcement here and quite clearly Wanda was breaking it.

Now what could be Wanda current public image? Tough to say because I feel there would be multiple camps of people.
    • There could be people who defend and ignore her bad behavior no matter what. I mean this exists in real-life so I don't see that being any different in the MCU.
    • There are the people who are outraged and would demand change and justice. It proves the existence of the Sokovia Accords right after all. If a super-powered person goes rogue and nobody can even stop this person that's a highly dangerous threat that rightfully should be talked about.
    • There are also probably the people wouldn't have a strong opinion at this point since Wanda hasn't even been seen in public since Westview. So some would just kinda forget about it all and move on.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

To be honest here, I am now one level deeper into my separatism, and that is severing the ties of Wanda and her kids.
    Even if it's handled better by the next writer, I am just not sure of seeing "muh kids" 3.0 for Wanda.
    Now that I pay more attention to it, Billy/Tommy's lines in MoM are borderline robotic and unnatural, I don't even know it's on purpose or not.(And that bloody ice cream song, gives me creeps.)
    I still want to see Young Avengers and their story, just not the part about TCC, Wanda should just grab her own corner and finish her own arc quietly without disturbance.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I really wish they had done better by Jean as well.
    Speaking of Jean, here is some great fan art. Hope to see it happen on-screen!

Last edited by Gnostic; 06-25-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    To be honest here, I am now one level deeper into my separatism, and that is severing the ties of Wanda and her kids.
    Even if it's handled better by the next writer, I am just not sure of seeing "muh kids" 3.0 for Wanda.
    Now that I pay more attention to it, Billy/Tommy's lines in MoM are borderline robotic and unnatural, I don't even know it's on purpose or not.(And that bloody ice cream song, gives me creeps.)
    Again, probably down to the whole thing that this movie was written in ignorance of WandaVision. Just like Wanda is mostly back to her pre-WV power set, the kids are just generic kids without their personalities or powers from the show. Plus there was no screen time to give them any characterization.

I agree that I'd prefer Wanda's next project to be about her and probably Agatha instead of the boys, but it depends on how much they've changed their plans. Because it's obvious the original plan was to lead directly into a Children's Crusade type of story where Wanda takes a back seat to the kids. We'll see if the announcement of the Agatha show (and possibly Billy appearing in it) changes that any.

Fantastic Member

I think it's Nicholas Scratch.

Fantastic Member

The "hysterical woman" trope is one of the things that feeds and supports the idea that women should not be allowed to have autonomy over their bodies.

So, Marvel and Disney, have essentially put out an anti-chpice movie just before Roe Vs Wade was overturned.