Page 342 of 456 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You are right that this doesn't make you popular here

Look at this chart and look where Wanda is on that

Even fucking Drax and Groot have more screentime and they are probably the most one-note characters in the franchise. Strange has almost triple of Wandas screentime. Don't take this as an attack against these characters. I have nothing against them. But it's clear that Wanda didn't get her due that she should have. The producers clearly saw it the same way hence why WV and MoM finally changed it. You can't blame people for being excited about that while they might not be as excited about someone who has already gotten his due. Just a thought.
    This is very interesting. They did do no justice to Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The thing is that even Marvel movies that don't get the better reviews still make a load of money. Even Thor right now that has a 68% Rotten Tomatoes rating for reviewers, and 85% for viewers is set to make $300 mil this weekend alone. Strange 2 made $800 mil, far surpassing Strange 1's $688 mil. It's still a juggernaut. Even with some people experiencing fatigue. Because of the larger amount of people that consume media without critique. They just do it to go and enjoy something on the weekend.

Anything they release will be successful. It might not be good storywise. And a lot of that is subjective. I've liked most things about Phase 4. Just not Strange 2's script. Others and this is most of the audience btw, love Strange 2.

I agree that it's wrong to have one character take over another character's film. That's one of the reasons I don't like the script. But people into battle boards and Wanda stans absolutely love it.
    Don't anyone fall out but I just looked it up- MoM is surprisingly at a bit over 953 million. it's so much closer to 1 Billion than I thought it'd get

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Don't anyone fall out but I just looked it up- MoM is surprisingly at a bit over 953 million. it's so much closer to 1 Billion than I thought it'd get
    Meavinh it’s a commercial success. What can be done about it? Cry’

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, that will buy them more time, which is surely better than being bunch of sitting ducks to be slaughtered the next day.

Also yeah, before Bendis decides to make this a big deal, Wanda actually dealt with the whole thing pretty well after she recovered the memories(also watching an AU with her family intact) under Roy Thomas. It actually worked out fine, until it doesn't because "whamen baby crazy" becomes a quota for Wanda for some reason.
    This is true - I don't rememeber which issue but when Thomas took over, and Wanda's powers began coming back, there was an issue where she thought to herself not to tear herself up over losing her children, and one part of her thought was "that way lies madness". She was actively trying to cope with the loss though and also helped keep watch over Julia Carpernter's daughter as a way to help work through the grief. You are right, she did recover her memories and was working through it. That's way Bendis' sucks even more. He simply ignored continuity - long established continuity - to get his story. He just pulled it from his ass to get what he wanted. Ofc doing that we got a total piece of crap and she went missing for a decade in comics as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Meavinh it’s a commercial success. What can be done about it? Cry’
    No crying. It's also beyond a commercial success- when you approach a billion that's a mega success. It is what it is and it's now cannon. She's hugely popular now so let's have them get her back on the hero track and get her own movie doing it. I'll take that. It has to be imho looked at from the perspective now of- okay that's done so where from here for forward progression? She has become mega popular and lots of great merchandise. Elizabeth acted the hell outta the role and looked stunning. The next steps are crucial for her character's evolvement. I'm hoping the 953+ million gets her the solo and Children's Crusade films with Schaeffer writing.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 07-08-2022 at 03:42 PM.

You are right that this doesn't make you popular here

Look at this chart and look where Wanda is on that

Even fucking Drax and Groot have more screentime and they are probably the most one-note characters in the franchise. Strange has almost triple of Wandas screentime. Don't take this as an attack against these characters. I have nothing against them. But it's clear that Wanda didn't get her due that she should have. The producers clearly saw it the same way hence why WV and MoM finally changed it. You can't blame people for being excited about that while they might not be as excited about someone who has already gotten his due. Just a thought.
    Didn't Wanda and Vision have the least amount of screen time of all the MCU heroes up until Endgame? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, so I'm TOTALLY fine with Lizzie getting more now. I remember talking to a friend of mine about the Disney Plus Marvel shows a couple of years ago, and she did NOT remember who Wanda was at all. So she definitely got more famous in 2021/2022. I personally think Marvel Studios are stretching themselves thin. They really need to follow a core 3-5 characters, tell good cohesive story with each of them, and get audiences invested in those core characters. They’re introducing way too many characters way too early. They have to follow the same structure as they did when the began this whole thing in my view. That would gin up more interest in the Young Avengers and Thunderbolts or whatever. And they would still make plenty of money.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Pick up Wednesdays Hellfire Gala special for Wanda’s next appearance. She looks amazing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The thing is that even Marvel movies that don't get the better reviews still make a load of money. Even Thor right now that has a 68% Rotten Tomatoes rating for reviewers, and 85% for viewers is set to make $300 mil this weekend alone. Strange 2 made $800 mil, far surpassing Strange 1's $688 mil. It's still a juggernaut. Even with some people experiencing fatigue. Because of the larger amount of people that consume media without critique. They just do it to go and enjoy something on the weekend.

Anything they release will be successful. It might not be good storywise. And a lot of that is subjective. I've liked most things about Phase 4. Just not Strange 2's script. Others and this is most of the audience btw, love Strange 2.

I agree that it's wrong to have one character take over another character's film. That's one of the reasons I don't like the script. But people into battle boards and Wanda stans absolutely love it.
    Wow! That low?! That's near Dark World levels (a movie that I actually liked by the way). So I can assume that Disney/Marvel isn't even trying anymore with their movies. I was hoping that the MCU would do Jane Foster justice. I really like Natalie Portman, and I was hoping her character would be "redeemed" somewhat in Love & Thunder. I think that whole Aaron story with Jane and her struggle with cancer could actually have made Thor 4 into one of the best MCU properties. To be honest, I had my doubts about Marvel doing a Thor 4 in the first place. The odds of Love & Thunder surpassing Ragnarok in quality were pretty much nil in my opinion. I know my opinions are kind of unpopular among MCU stans, but I REALLY think it's getting time for the MCU to retire the Thor and Loki characters. How many times does Thor have to go on these journeys of self-discovery (losing his hammer(s) and then getting new ones)? I feel like Hemsworth probably has done all he can with the character. I feel the same way about Loki. He has already reconciled with his father and brother. I don't see the need to drag on his story for even longer (even though I really like Hiddleston in the role). The MCU is basically just using Hiddleston's popularity to promote the TVA and I'm not really interested in that. I don't hate Phase Four. I don't think it's "woke" or anything like that. I'm just bored. Sure Disney is making lots of money through their Marvel/Star Wars properties, but don't you think Feige and Chapek are a little bit embarrassed that their movies are getting their worst reviews by fans and critics alike in the last little while? I usually don't give a **** about what fans and critics have to say (I really like the Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 and Thor 2), but I think Disney should be a little bit concerned about the reception to their latest movies (not just commercially). Marvel's films have made a lot of money in the past couple of years (I'm not arguing against that). But it's also ABSOLUTELY true that many of these very same movies have had MASSIVE drop-offs after their opening weekends. That never happened that often in the first three phases. I feel a good measure of a film's quality depends on the drop-offs because that determines if they have "legs" or not. I know it's not entirely a fair comparison because the MoM is now available on Disney Plus, but Everything Everywhere All At Once made more money in theaters than Doctor Strange 2 did during the July 4th weekend. I feel that the MoM and Thor 4 are TENTPOLE movies for the MCU and I'm not sure they're delivering like they should. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow! That low?! That's near Dark World levels (a movie that I actually liked by the way). So I can assume that Disney/Marvel isn't even trying anymore with their movies. I was hoping that the MCU would do Jane Foster justice. I really like Natalie Portman, and I was hoping her character would be "redeemed" somewhat in Love & Thunder. I think that whole Aaron story with Jane and her struggle with cancer could actually have made Thor 4 into one of the best MCU properties. To be honest, I had my doubts about Marvel doing a Thor 4 in the first place. The odds of Love & Thunder surpassing Ragnarok in quality were pretty much nil in my opinion. I know my opinions are kind of unpopular among MCU stans, but I REALLY think it's getting time for the MCU to retire the Thor and Loki characters. How many times does Thor have to go on these journeys of self-discovery (losing his hammer(s) and then getting new ones)? I feel like Hemsworth probably has done all he can with the character. I feel the same way about Loki. He has already reconciled with his father and brother. I don't see the need to drag on his story for even longer (even though I really like Hiddleston in the role). The MCU is basically just using Hiddleston's popularity to promote the TVA and I'm not really interested in that. I don't hate Phase Four. I don't think it's "woke" or anything like that. I'm just bored. Sure Disney is making lots of money through their Marvel/Star Wars properties, but don't you think Feige and Chapek are a little bit embarrassed that their movies are getting their worst reviews by fans and critics alike in the last little while? I usually don't give a **** about what fans and critics have to say (I really like the Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 and Thor 2), but I think Disney should be a little bit concerned about the reception to their latest movies (not just commercially). Marvel's films have made a lot of money in the past couple of years (I'm not arguing against that). But it's also ABSOLUTELY true that many of these very same movies have had MASSIVE drop-offs after their opening weekends. That never happened that often in the first three phases. I feel a good measure of a film's quality depends on the drop-offs because that determines if they have "legs" or not. I know it's not entirely a fair comparison because the MoM is now available on Disney Plus, but Everything Everywhere All At Once made more money in theaters than Doctor Strange 2 did during the July 4th weekend. I feel that the MoM and Thor 4 are TENTPOLE movies for the MCU and I'm not sure they're delivering like they should. Just my opinion.
    I don't know how Feige and Co feel about it. I'm sure they'd prefer better reviews. But as far as how the movie really is, I'll have to wait until I see it.

Disney will be pleased with how much money they are raking in though and will still want more movies. How people feel about them is up to them.

I don't think I'd consider MoM or Thor 4 tentpole for the MCU. Maybe for Phase 4. But you also have Spider-man that did pretty good.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Pick up Wednesdays Hellfire Gala special for Wanda’s next appearance. She looks amazing.
    I never had doubts about that. If you can say one thing about Wanda then it is that she has style
    "This is me being reasonable"

I never had doubts about that. If you can say one thing about Wanda then it is that she has style
    Does she make the new X-Men team ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Does she make the new X-Men team ?.
    I will send you a PM

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Concept art of the deleted Mordo/Wanda scene from DSITMOM:

https://twitter.com/wandaslizzie/sta...44676290768896

Footage from BTS choreography of the fight scene, implying Wanda would make Mordo cut his own head with her telepathy:

https://twitter.com/wandaslizzie/sta...45042319347718

Not that we didn't know it already, but damn, that leak from last August really was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Concept art of the deleted Mordo/Wanda scene from DSITMOM:

https://twitter.com/wandaslizzie/sta...44676290768896

Footage from BTS choreography of the fight scene, implying Wanda would make Mordo cut his own head with her telepathy:

https://twitter.com/wandaslizzie/sta...45042319347718

Not that we didn't know it already, but damn, that leak from last August really was spot on.
    Would have been a fitting end for Mordo though. On his crusade of culling magic users he finally meets someone who turns it around. That would have been pure karma.

OOOO ,Love This:-) Yes She Does!!