Page 343 of 456 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I will send you a PM
    MeAlso?Puleeze?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Does she make the new X-Men team ?.
    spoilers:
    No but it seems like she will be the one announcing them, her hair is around them
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Would have been a fitting end for Mordo though. On his crusade of culling magic users he finally meets someone who turns it around. That would have been pure karma.
    I mean, we barely see his crusade on screen, kinda a waste if they actually did this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, we barely see his crusade on screen, kinda a waste if they actually did this.
    I mean it has been 6 years since we last saw him so I think it's pretty hard to salvage him anyways. There is no way you can sell him as a legitimate main villain at this point unless you give him some power-up and that would make him Kaecilius 2.0. The only satifying way I see to move him forward is to turn him into some reluctant ally. They still don't like each other but the actual main villain requires them to work together or something like that.
    Last edited by Galerion; 07-09-2022 at 07:45 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    spoilers:
    No but it seems like she will be the one announcing them, her hair is around them
    end of spoilers
    Thanks so much and Thank you also Galerion:-)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Thanks so much and Thank you also Galerion:-)
    So by this and the PMing are things sounding Good for Our Wanda in the Gala Issue?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Does she make the new X-Men team ?.
    No, but she is the person who introduces the team to the world.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So by this and the PMing are things sounding Good for Our Wanda in the Gala Issue?!
    Yes, she’s no longer their pariah. Plus she’s being recognized as Magneto’s daughter, so there’s that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know how Feige and Co feel about it. I'm sure they'd prefer better reviews. But as far as how the movie really is, I'll have to wait until I see it.

Disney will be pleased with how much money they are raking in though and will still want more movies. How people feel about them is up to them.

I don't think I'd consider MoM or Thor 4 tentpole for the MCU. Maybe for Phase 4. But you also have Spider-man that did pretty good.
    Sorry for not being clear. I consider Strange 2 and Thor 4 to be tentpoles for the Phase Four movies. And I don't think they've moved the wider MCU story forward that much at all. If Thor 4 is being so poorly received, I think we're gonna see ANOTHER massive box office attendance drop-off next weekend for the MCU. And I think that will hurt She-Hulk's reception as well. I feel casual audiences are starting to tune out of the MCU, but I actually believe some of the nerds/geeks are too. I'm still looking forward to Guardians 3, Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion and Armor Wars. I would gladly watch a Hulk solo film as well (that seems VERY unlikely to happen though). Anything after that, I'm not so sure. The MCU is killing any hype and anticipation for its own projects by pumping out so many. It would be really ironic if the MoM started the "downfall" of the MCU. In the unlikely event that that does happen, it would make me very sad that the Scarlet Witch was a part of that. Like I said, I'm happy posters on this thread are still enjoying Marvel content, but for ME, they are starting to feel like "obligatory viewing" instead of genuine entertainment. Lately I've been reading some more "non-geeky" news articles about the MCU online, and I think that's a good way to gage how non-nerdy folks are receiving the Marvel movies and shows (such as this Time Magazine article):

https://time.com/6193966/thor-love-a...iverse-future/

I think there is reason to be concerned about the MCU's future. And if these Marvel movies continue to be underwhelming, Disney won't be raking in as much money as time goes on.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-09-2022 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sorry for not being clear. I consider Strange 2 and Thor 4 to be tentpoles for the Phase Four movies. And I don't think they've moved the wider MCU story forward that much at all. If Thor 4 is being so poorly received, I think we're gonna see ANOTHER massive box office attendance drop-off next weekend for the MCU. And I think that will hurt She-Hulk's reception as well. I feel casual audiences are starting to tune out of the MCU, but I actually believe some of the nerds/geeks are too. I'm still looking forward to Guardians 3, Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion and Armor Wars. I would gladly watch a Hulk solo film as well (that seems VERY unlikely to happen though). Anything after that, I'm not so sure about. The MCU is killing any hype and anticipation for its own projects by pumping out so many. It would be really ironic if the MoM started the "downfall" of the MCU. In the unlikely event that that does happen, it would make me very sad that the Scarlet Witch was a part of that. Like I said, I'm happy posters on this thread are still enjoying Marvel content, but for ME, they are starting to feel like "obligatory viewing" instead of genuine entertainment. Lately I've been reading some more "non-geeky" news articles about the MCU online, and I think that's a good way to gage how non-nerdy folks are receiving the Marvel movies and shows (such as this Time Magazine article):

https://time.com/6193966/thor-love-a...iverse-future/

I think there is reason to be concerned about the MCU's future. And if these Marvel movies continue to be underwhelming, Disney won't be raking in as much money as time goes on.
    I don't know. I feel like each thing has it's own reaction. I did see Thor this afternoon and liked it. It like all MCU films has it's flaws, but it was pretty entertaining. It started out a little corny to me, but it picked up pretty early. And one of the post credit scenes was really exciting for me.

I'm not gonna be all doom and gloom about it. I'll approach each thing separately and judge whether I like them individually. There were things in the other phases I did not like. And I can't control what other people dislike or like. And honestly, reviewers never really had an impact on if I see something. I'm often at odds with their opinions. And it seems like most people are at odds with them. Thor's review rating is at 85% with audiences.

Also that review makes no sense, because they admit that they didn't know ahead of time what the MCU was originally setting up, but want the current phase to spell it out for them.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-09-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know. I feel like each thing has it's own reaction. I did see Thor this afternoon and liked it. It like all MCU films has it's flaws, but it was pretty entertaining. It started out a little corny to me, but it picked up pretty early. And one of the post credit scenes was really exciting for me.

I'm not gonna be all doom and gloom about it. I'll approach each thing separately and judge whether I like them individually. There were things in the other phases I did not like. And I can't control what other people dislike or like. And honestly, reviewers never really had an impact on if I see something. I'm often at odds with their opinions. And it seems like most people are at odds with them. Thor's review rating is at 85% with audiences.

Also that review makes no sense, because they admit that they didn't know ahead of time what the MCU was originally setting up, but want the current phase to spell it out for them.
    I'm a minority on this thread. I disliked the visuals, music, writing, directing and even acting for the MoM. I thought Cumberbatch and McAdams were bored as hell and phoned in their performances. Olsen was made to be too hammy in my opinion. And I though I like the kid actors/actresses in the MoM, but their performances were incredibly campy in my opinion. I felt NO emotion watching Strange 2. Magic users only use their magic sometimes because of "reasons". That's why I prefer to have some rules in these things. Strange didn't do ANYTHING when Wanda was chasing them in those tunnels, but he could "dream walk" with ease after opening up the Darkhold. Wanda resorted to using "red bolts" most of the time against her opponents, but could "mind control" entire towns in previous movies. I'm not trying to be nitpicky here, but I do notice these things when I'm not being entertained by these movies and shows. You have these MASSIVE intergalactic, multi-dimensional and mystical threats to the universe/universes, but I never actually felt these Marvel characters were EVER in any danger in Phase Four. I actually felt they were in more danger in some of the earlier MCU movies. By not defining Strange's and Wanda's powers, it just lowers stakes in my opinion. Because they can practically do anything whenever they need to. That's my problem with how magic is often portrayed in fantasy properties. Strange and Wanda were more "relatable" to me in earlier appearances, but now Strange can erase the memories of millions of people while Wanda can now "create life" using her magic. Maybe I'm just more of a "grounded guy", but this insane increase in power levels for characters sort of alienate me from them.

I think you can cut some slack to viewers who watched the first three phases about wanting some sort of purpose to these movies and shows. Even "casuals" could sort of understand the stones were leading up to an epic battle between the Avengers and Thanos's armies. I think Phase Four is just basically been talking a lot about multiverses, Marvel cameos from non-MCU properties, and a massive increase in character introductions. So count me in the group that's bored and impatient about what the hell is going on. I felt bad for Zhao after the Eternals debacle. I hope it doesn't ruin her career. I feel bad for Shortland. Her Black Widow gig didn't do much for HER career. I like Shang-Chi a LOT. The first two thirds (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) were great. I was less enthused for the last third (How to Drain Your Dragon). The MoM was a disaster to me. I don't even think Raimi and Waldron like Strange and Wanda all that much. Raimi just wanted Disney to give him money for that indie horror project he's working on and Waldron is probably more focused on that Star Wars thing he's got lined up. My views on the MoM are similar to these two dudes' (I'm not AS critical as them though. LOL):

Last edited by Albert1981; 07-09-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Thor is getting more divisive reviews than MoM, some people literally just calling the movie bad and a waste of time.

I guess it will make less than MoM around Ragnarok or a bit more tho.

Extraordinary Member

Michael Waldron repeats that the original plan was for Wanda to go bad towards the end of Multiverse of Madness, though people have misquoted it as if he's saying it was definitive that she would be the villain of an Avengers movie; what he said is, people said "it'll happen in an Avengers movie or something," and his pitch was that MoM would be a better movie if they dumped the original villain (presumably Nightmare) and had Wanda as the unstoppable horror slasher monster villain from beginning to end.

I don't know if the original plan would be better or worse for Wanda. Maybe worse, because people would actually take her heel turn seriously, while here it all happens offscreen because of a book that wasn't even portrayed that way in WandaVision. Or maybe better because then they could maybe have learned from the success of WandaVision and had her, you know, not go bad. But at least in the original plan they knew that a) people wanted to see Wanda team up with Strange before attacking him, and b) nobody cares about seeing Wanda do "Avengers Disassembled" in a movie where she's never met any of the characters before.

I do believe him that Feige had some Avengers Disassembled type of thing in mind all along, because there have been hints of it all the way back to Joss Whedon's commentary on Ultron (he points out that when Wanda pulls out Ultron's heart, we see the same hole we saw in Cap's shield in the nightmare Wanda gave to Tony, and Feige really liked that detail). Feige loves the 00s.

Extraordinary Member

I mean it has been 6 years since we last saw him so I think it's pretty hard to salvage him anyways. There is no way you can sell him as a legitimate main villain at this point unless you give him some power-up and that would make him Kaecilius 2.0. The only satifying way I see to move him forward is to turn him into some reluctant ally. They still don't like each other but the actual main villain requires them to work together or something like that.
    I mean, why is Kaecilius the poster boy of powered up herald of a stronger deity/entity?
    Mordo's power up can easily come from absorbing energy from other sorcerers. Also main villain is not always meant to be bigger and stronger than the last.
    Mordo holds more emtional weight to Stephen unlike Wanda who he barely knew.

Extraordinary Member

Thor is getting more divisive reviews than MoM, some people literally just calling the movie bad and a waste of time.

I guess it will make less than MoM around Ragnarok or a bit more tho.
    Those are my exact feelings about MoM, I guess reviving an old aesthetic shield them from such criticism lol.