Page 357 of 456 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

How long have we been saying, "oh, surely they'll have to use her in a regular comic again because of _____?" and it's been five years since she was in an ongoing comic?

Until we see proof, I think we have to assume they just don't want to use her at all.

It's really sad, i'm already used to the avengers side to not use her for other than cameos, as for the x-side i also don't expect to see her in anything till something is announced, i have already said that even i'm happy she's not longer the pretender, she has no place either there other than cameos cause i can't see them putting a non-mutant and avengers in one of their books.

So the only option is give her a solo ongoing cause for some reason they don't count on her for a team ongoing in any of the sides.

I say just make her into a mystical cosmic being if her appearance is just gonna be relegated to mini’s and events. At least have her one appearance have greater meaning in the Marvel cosmology so there can be a reason why she won’t be used as much instead of choosing to not use her at all.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Or they can just accept that being related to Magneto is not an important enough part of their comics history that they need to retcon their history to make it possible.

Their MCU origin as it is is fine and doesn't need elaborating on, and Wanda got popular in the MCU without any mention of Magneto, because her romance with Vision is the more important part of who she is.

Mind you after they insisted on doing "Avengers Disassembled" even when it made no sense, I've no confidence that the MCU will avoid doing bad stories "because it was like that in the comics," but MCU Wanda needs to move forward instead of being tied to another character she's never met.

Her being a mutant is a more important part of her comics history than being the daughter of Magneto, and I wouldn't really quibble if they said her magic talent was the result of the mutant gene or whatever, but if/when she comes back I want to see her do something new, not retcon her origin again.

Edit: Sorry if the tone of this post was mean. I don't think anyone should not want to see MCU Wanda tied to Magneto, if that's what they want to see. I would just really hate it because it would take away a big chunk of whatever time she has left in the MCU, when she needs to become her own person again and stop screwing up. But then I also thought she was wasted in the "Wolverine & the X-Men" cartoon so I'm totally biased.
    Yeah, I want narrative efficiency, which means ditching trivial stuff like Magneto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    This has likely been mentioned on before. We all know that the original plan for Doctor Strange 2 was to give Wanda a corruption are. Apparently Michael Waldron said in another interview that Wanda would have later been a villain for an Avenger movie. So Avengers 5 would have been Wanda centric.

What do you guy think of the original idea?
    It is stated here before, but the general consensus is that if she is going to crash land anyway, better sooner than later.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed, Judgement Day is nearly upon us and I don't think they had Wanda at the Gala and all those Eve of Judgement covers just to bench her again for another six months.

Judgement Day clearly doesn't have Wanda included, and why? Disappearing is the norm for her, what is different this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Judgement Day clearly doesn't have Wanda included, and why? Disappearing is the norm for her, what is different this time around.
    One day before JD #1 drops or half a day if you are in Australia.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-18-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Fantastic Member

It is stated here before, but the general consensus is that if she is going to crash land anyway, better sooner than later.
    A bit like when Ultra Magnus detonated 3 quarters of the Autobot shuttle, which was preferable to losing 4 quarters lol.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Agreed, Judgement Day is nearly upon us and I don't think they had Wanda at the Gala and all those Eve of Judgement covers just to bench her again for another six months.

That has to be the hope as well, combining the volume of social media pushing to have more of her in the MCU combine with the status of both where she is now in the Comics, espically amount Krakoa Society it is hard not to see Marvel finally getting kicked enough to wanting to start to do more with her, espcially if we are heading into the next few years of promoting mutants more in the MCU and Marvel wanting one of the Leading Families of Mutants to come back to take more of a central stage, the Magnus Family. If this could be a point to get her back into ongoings I look forward to that Greatly, but I want it to be About Wanda, Lorna and Pietro as the focus more then just all about Eric, but what needs to be done 1st is just getting Wanda back into an ongoing.

Marvel as I have talk to my friends about is Natorious for not pushing characters they are not used to or what they are used to in making money with, mostly S-Tier Characters and Event comics. They only push New or abstract charcters that mostly fail as time goes on relying to much on S-Tier and Events to grind their ways in making a buck. Even with a characters popularity high and would make them more money they don't seem to change, it could be dislike of a character, but I think it is more to much of Good old Boy Mentality, pushing their favorites or who has made them money in the end.

If Fans keep up the Presure on Marvel, espically now on the X-Fandom side to have her back as a Mutant, the Family back and to push it with the mutants in the MCU that is again the push that is needed for Wanda combined with the social media campaigns to get them to finally move. But it has to be continued and heard.

One day before JD #1 drops or half a day if you are in Australia.
    Does this Mean we should expect something soon, do you know something Jmc247?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

As far as I can see it doesn’t have Wanda but I could be wrong. Perhaps it turns out she appears significantly, even though I don’t see proof in the previews.

Sometimes we got surprised. But if she plays no role in Judgement War I am not reading this for her, and I hope we get cold news later this week or in September.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Edit: Sorry if the tone of this post was mean. I don't think anyone should not want to see MCU Wanda tied to Magneto, if that's what they want to see. I would just really hate it because it would take away a big chunk of whatever time she has left in the MCU, when she needs to become her own person again and stop screwing up. But then I also thought she was wasted in the "Wolverine & the X-Men" cartoon so I'm totally biased.
    By now, if she is going to be Magneto’s daughter and a mutant I suspect will get a formal announcement on this front.

Different fans will feel different a lot this is because some were fans or Wanda as a mutant and Magneto’s daughter. Some aren’t, snd this is one of those situations where any writer or studio will say you cannot please everyone all the time.

I personally was a fan of Wanda as Magneto’s daughter and then in the MCU where she couldn’t be a mutant because of the Fox rights.

I do have a preference but it’s not like I’m done with Marvel if my preference doesn’t happen.

I guess I don’t understand what is so upsetting if your favorite scenario doesn’t play out. But too each his own, I don’t tell people how to feel.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 07-19-2022 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Could be said better

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I just Though it was Time to Finally have a Change of Pace!

Last edited by CJStriker; 07-19-2022 at 05:29 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Awesome choice CJ

Do you have a gif as an avatar though?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

As always beautifully done
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    By now, if she is going to be Magneto’s daughter and a mutant I suspect will get a formal announcement on this front.

Different fans will feel different a lot this is because some were fans or Wanda as a mutant and Magneto’s daughter. Some aren’t, snd this is one of those situations where any writer or studio will say you cannot please everyone all the time.

I personally was a fan of Wanda as Magneto’s daughter and then in the MCU where she couldn’t be a mutant because of the Fox rights.

I do have a preference but it’s not like I’m done with Marvel if my preference doesn’t happen.

I guess I don’t understand what is so upsetting if your favorite scenario doesn’t play out. But too each his own, I don’t tell people how to feel.
    People are probably tired of retcons. And retconning her back would only serve other characters, not really her. Because she is as of now mutant adjacent and considered like a daughter to Mags. Her appearances have not changed. We still see her every several months for a brief appearance and on variant covers.

Redoing her past for the fifth time isn't necessary. She needs a future and new stories.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.