Page 359 of 456 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I just Though it was Time to Finally have a Change of Pace!

ooh I love your new avatar,

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Much More Pro-Active Campaigning by the Wanda Fandom on Social Media, this Has Been Trending Hard All Day, It is Very Good to See Fans making their Voices on Wanda heard!

Fans endeavor to manifest ‘WandaCon,’ AKA a Scarlet Witch solo outing announcement at upcoming SDCC!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...upcoming-sdcc/

https://twitter.com/ScarletRed03/sta...coming-sdcc%2F

https://twitter.com/idontcastspells/...76219321810945

Has Comic-con ever done something like this before?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    They didn't, that's fan-created.

I wouldn't expect any announcement of Wanda's MCU future at SDCC. All indications are that Feige is just going to make announcements about casting in already-announced movies and shows, and save the new announcements for Disney's own conference, D23, in September. And even then we might not get a Wanda announcement if they haven't decided what her future will be yet.

Oops. Didn't read the whole post. Would have been cool if they did.

I think she'll still be used, I hope her next appearance pretends MoM never happened

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

It was a social media fan created social campaign to spark fan support to get new Wanda Projects in the works and it went Viral really fast showing their is much support out their for our Wanda.

Like I said in my other post this kind of campaign is Very Good to do, it shows what fans what out in their franchises, these kind of events have sparked change in the past, read my link below for examples of thus and it shows Fiege and the MCU is a Vauled character fans want to see as one of the most more then many and it can spark change in how the corporate structure might consider things.

I don’t know if it will bring anything to SDCC, but it is nothing but good showing support for our Wanda we ourselves here have been clamoring to see for years and give it to Marvel for fans not to take kissing her lying down!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6126638
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They didn't, that's fan-created.

I wouldn't expect any announcement of Wanda's MCU future at SDCC. All indications are that Feige is just going to make announcements about casting in already-announced movies and shows, and save the new announcements for Disney's own conference, D23, in September. And even then we might not get a Wanda announcement if they haven't decided what her future will be yet.
    Oops. Didn't read the whole post. Would have been cool if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think she'll still be used, I hope her next appearance pretends MoM never happened
    It is good to be holding the Corporate Heads like Fiege and others feet to the fire that they just do what they want and not expect response to it, something similar to this should happen to the Comics devise too.

Fiege has to be careful, yea Mutants and FF are wanted but if they fill their lineups with things that might not be what fans desire and seems to Corporate planned out then you can see more Viral Movements start like this with other branches of the fandom. It shows fans are active and is holding them accountable they just can’t do what they want and not at least spark a debate over it.

One of the biggest problems the MCU might have right now is believing their own hype and just doing anything they feel Benifit corporate aimed and not story, characters or narrative structures, we seen these faults already, recently with changes in lore, character backgrounds and even following their own canon. So the more they know they Just can’t do anything and expect a success, the bed is gonna be for everybody!

Support #Wandacon!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    ooh I love your new avatar,
    Thanks Starduck, I am Extremely proud of this Avatar and those that had the skills to make it for me!

Honestly it was hard to Give up my recent avatar, it pretty much symbolizes my fandom and was what recognized others to me and my fandom.

So it Speaks Volumes what this Image did for me and how it Finally made me decide to do change.

Seeing such a decided changes gives one a new perspective on their Fandom and who it is they Love as a Fan Indeed!

Deadline posted the SDCC line-up and there's nothing for Wanda there, unless she ends up in the animated stuff. Seems like they are saving their reveals for D23 in September for the MCU.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-c...lf-1235072894/

And here are the comics panels:

MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT PANELS:

FRIDAY, JULY 22

60 YEARS OF SPIDER-MAN: A THIS WEEK IN MARVEL SPECIAL EVENT
    3:00PM - 4:00PM | Room: 25ABC
    Nick Lowe (VP & Executive Editor) and C.B. Cebulski (Editor in Chief) are joined by the one-and-only Dan Slott (Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four) and artist extraordinaire Adam Kubert for a very special live episode of the This Week in Marvel podcast! Ring in the 60th year of Spider-Man with Amazing Fantasy #1000 and see what dangers lurk at the Edge of the Spider-Verse!

MARVEL COMICS: MARVEL FANFARE
    4:00PM – 5:00PM | Room: 25ABC
    C.B. Cebulski (Editor in Chief) is here to answer your burning questions! Come to inquire about everything and anything you ever wanted to know about the Marvel Universe. What is the wackiest version of Spider-Man from across the multiverse? Does the Illuminati have a poker night? Which Marvel editors would survive Judgment Day? You’ll never know for sure unless you attend this panel! Featuring special guest Skottie Young (Strange Academy) – and an exciting giveaway!

SATURDAY, JULY 23

MARVEL COMICS: JUDGMENT DAY
    1:45PM – 2:45PM | Room: 6A
    Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski prepares to pass judgment on his fellow panelists, including Executive Editor Nick Lowe, Editor Darren Shan, cover artist Mark Brooks (A.X.E.: Judgment Day), and writers David Pepose (Fantastic Four) and Mark Russell (Avengers)! With the Eve of Judgment already behind us, join this can’t-miss discussion about what trials and tribulations are just around the corner for the Avengers, X-Men, Eternals, and the rest of the Marvel Universe!

MARVEL COMICS: NEXT BIG THING
    3:00PM - 4:00PM | Room: 6A
    Marvel’s most famous panel returns! C.B. Cebulski (Editor in Chief), Nick Lowe (VP & Executive Editor), and editors Darren Shan and Lauren Bisom lead a line-up of luminaries including Christopher Cantwell (Iron Man), Jonathan Hickman (X-Men), Ram V (Venom, Carnage), and Collin Kelly & Jackson Lanzing (Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty). What lies ahead for Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, Ghost Rider, and the rest of the Marvel Universe? And what is the mysterious looming danger of the DARK WEB that threatens the future of Spider-Man and the X-Men? This is the only place you can find out! Come for the incredible reveals and stay for a unique giveaway!

SUNDAY, JULY 24

WOMEN OF MARVEL
    10:30AM – 11:30AM | Room: 6A
    The Women of Marvel are here! Writer and podcast host Angelique Roche will lead a lively discussion with Marvel stars including Senior Editor Lauren Bisom, author Nic Stone (Shuri: A Black Panther Novel), Marvel Entertainment VP of Marketing Jessica Malloy, and writer Rebecca Roanhorse (Phoenix Song: Echo)! What is it like for women working in the industry today, and what is next for Marvel’s woman-led titles? And don’t miss a special giveaway at the end of the panel!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...es-merchandise
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

You know, I’m glad Wanda got reddened in the comics. I was busy reading the Moira thread, and I was damn. I have never seen such character assassinations as to what happened to poor Moira. At Wanda’s worst, she was never this crazy or evil.

Moira even acted like she sexually assaulted Mary Jane. This creepy Moira has nothing in common with the original Moira MacTaggert. I think they should have just made a new villain for that.

There’s a reason I’m saying this.

I do think Bendis and Quesada could have been sensitive to the fans who paid to keep Marcel alive and not en masse wipe out all the classic heroes. It’s okay not to like these characters, but if they felt like that don’t work at Marvel. Lol. Let people who like those characters get those jobs.

Extraordinary Member

The fact that they keep doing this is very depressing. At least in 2004/5 you could say it was a "less enlightened" time (though not really). But here it is 2022 and most creators claim to be more enlightened, and the MCU recycles Avengers Disassembled and X-Men comics turn a smart, strong woman into a psycho for shock value.

Nothing seems to get better, creators just get better at claiming things have got better.

Extraordinary Member

The fact that they keep doing this is very depressing. At least in 2004/5 you could say it was a "less enlightened" time (though not really). But here it is 2022 and most creators claim to be more enlightened, and the MCU recycles Avengers Disassembled and X-Men comics turn a smart, strong woman into a psycho for shock value.

Nothing seems to get better, creators just get better at claiming things have got better.
    And Moira is actually an X-character lol.
    If they are willing to do this to one of their own, god knows what treatment Wanda can get should the editorial/a certain writer feels particularly naughty.
    If the general environment isn't getting better, then it's reasonable to call for some healthy separation and boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You know, I’m glad Wanda got reddened in the comics. I was busy reading the Moira thread, and I was damn. I have never seen such character assassinations as to what happened to poor Moira. At Wanda’s worst, she was never this crazy or evil.

Moira even acted like she sexually assaulted Mary Jane. This creepy Moira has nothing in common with the original Moira MacTaggert. I think they should have just made a new villain for that.

There’s a reason I’m saying this.

I do think Bendis and Quesada could have been sensitive to the fans who paid to keep Marcel alive and not en masse wipe out all the classic heroes. It’s okay not to like these characters, but if they felt like that don’t work at Marvel. Lol. Let people who like those characters get those jobs.
    I miss the times that when a writer didn't want to write a character, they had them go on a trip or retire for a bit or go onto the reserve list for teams. But unfortunately writers wanting to write characters also usually means they have tons of bad stuff planned for them. And not like the this character goes through some trials and comes out better in the end sort of treatment. It seems to be more like, they've found their plot device.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fantastic Member

They have got better at virtue signalling, but not actual change.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And Moira is actually an X-character lol.
    If they are willing to do this to one of their own, god knows what treatment Wanda can get should the editorial/a certain writer feels particularly naughty.
    If the general environment isn't getting better, then it's reasonable to call for some healthy separation and boundaries.
    Well, Avengers Disassembled and House of M were both by the Avengers writer and editor. Sadly characters are more likely to be trashed by their home franchise. The X-Books may have added to Wanda’s rap sheet in the 2000s but they didn’t create it.