Page 368 of 456 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    So let’s assume Marvel decides to do a Scarlet Witch movie. Who do we want as the main antagonist? Chthon? Mephisto? Morgan Le Fay? Mordo? Enchantress? Modred? Lilith?
    I'd want them to do a Witches Road sort of thing with her finding out who Chthon really is, and what he's about. Which could lead into a Darkhold Alpha/Omega inspired story. Then have Wanda in other movies to help with the build up to the Multiverse saga.

But what I will do is just take things one step at a time, and hope she's in anything.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That is definitely also a serious issue. That’s changeable though? 8 years ago no one would do Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, or Black Widow. 8 years ago there would not have been WandaVision. Just because Hollywood and the public have issues doesn’t mean they can’t be fixed.
    Change always has come very slow. Maybe it'll get better when I qualify for the AARP, lol.

BANNED

If people want greater exposure for female characters, on Twitter people can maybe express themselves in ways that are more polite. So say Marvel is all gloom and doom for women is absurd when a number of female characters have their own series snd where both Captain Marvel and Black Widow have their own movies. As for Monica and Kamala appearing in the Marvels, s what? Black Widow, Falcon, and Winter Soldier appeared in Captain America. It happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd want them to do a Witches Road sort of thing with her finding out who Chthon really is, and what he's about. Which could lead into a Darkhold Alpha/Omega inspired story. Then have Wanda in other movies to help with the build up to the Multiverse saga.

But what I will do is just take things one step at a time, and hope she's in anything.
    She is confirmed to be in Season to of What If? I guess we will find out more by the fall or the winter as to her future in the MCU.

https://www.cbr.com/elizabeth-olsen-...let-witch-mcu/

That’s good news. We just have to wait to see what else they announce.

She is confirmed to be in Season to of What If? I guess we will find out more by the fall or the winter as to her future in the MCU.

https://www.cbr.com/elizabeth-olsen-...let-witch-mcu/

That’s good news. We just have to wait to see what else they announce.
    Yeah she's in What If and Marvel Zombies.

If people want greater exposure for female characters, on Twitter people can maybe express themselves in ways that are more polite. So say Marvel is all gloom and doom for women is absurd when a number of female characters have their own series snd where both Captain Marvel and Black Widow have their own movies. As for Monica and Kamala appearing in the Marvels, s what? Black Widow, Falcon, and Winter Soldier appeared in Captain America. It happens.
    Twitter is Twitter. I don't think it'll ever be polite. I mean some people definitely are, but you have people that aren't and then bots. And that's just what it probably always will be.

Marvel isn't all doom and gloom for women. I don't know who is saying that but that's not the problem at all. They try, but they do it half-hearted almost. There's been some improvement, but it could be better. Especially on the solo movie front.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah that's not MCU Wanda's public at all, as i see it on social media, Wanda currently is very popular, especially with gay men (sounds funny i know) but also the public she gained from WandaVision.
    Yeah, she has become sort of a diva I guess. I kinda thought about it recently, cause it sounds silly to say, but Wanda is a character who is very feminine, and in WandaVision and MOM especially, sort of channeled that in sort of a "glamorous" way, with all her costumes, hair, make-up, and even her movements and mannerisms. So it's kind of the same way people like female popstars and drag queens.

You can notice that the characters that are most popular with that same audience are the ones that have those similar attributes like Storm, Jean Grey, maybe Invisible Woman, as opposed to the more tomboyish ones like Captain Marvel, Jane Thor, etc (Wonder Woman is sort of in-between imo).
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-25-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So let’s assume Marvel decides to do a Scarlet Witch movie. Who do we want as the main antagonist? Chthon? Mephisto? Morgan Le Fay? Mordo? Enchantress? Modred? Lilith?
    Modred first so he can later be used as a wild card/ally.
    A teamup with Darkhold Redeemers with Darkhold Dwarf and Morgan Le Fay as the villains(Morgan will be of her own faction who is in competition with the DR members to collect the newly emerging pages.)
    And finally Chthon for her final personal story.
    That is assuming they gave her more appearances and dedicated stories.

Extraordinary Member

Twitter is the Internet sewer, you cannot just tell people to stop spitting venom lol.
    Reasonably aggressive, sure, you don't wanna be like those Zack Snyder cultists.
    But every fan advocacy is bound to be annoying to some extent, at least to some people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Twitter is Twitter. I don't think it'll ever be polite. I mean some people definitely are, but you have people that aren't and then bots. And that's just what it probably always will be.

Marvel isn't all doom and gloom for women. I don't know who is saying that but that's not the problem at all. They try, but they do it half-hearted almost. There's been some improvement, but it could be better. Especially on the solo movie front.
    Just because their are crazies out there doesn’t mean everyone has to act like a crazy. People can express appreciation for the things they like, such as the Scarlet Witch and offer constructive criticism instead of screaming at the sky.

We can acknowledge the process they have made too.

Extraordinary Member

Just because their are crazies out there doesn’t mean everyone has to act like a crazy. People can express appreciation for the things they like, such as the Scarlet Witch and offer constructive criticism instead of screaming at the sky.

Literally no one is saying that, and telling Twitter users to behave is the definition of "screaming at the sky".
    And what if there are few things to appreciate, I literally grow up in a culture that constantly tells people to shut up and appreciate stuff even when horrible things happen around us lol.
    If there is a outlet of anger and frustration, let it be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Literally no one is saying that, and telling Twitter users to behave is the definition of "screaming at the sky".
    And what if there are few things to appreciate, I literally grow up in a culture that constantly tells people to shut up and appreciate stuff even when horrible things happen around us lol.
    If there is a outlet of anger and frustration, let it be.
    I really am not telling Twitter users how to behave. Let stupid do stupid. However, for people who want to achieve certain things, attacking writers, editors, producers, etc is unnecessary and just gets that person blocked.

Now if people are talking to each other, that’s a different matter. It really depends on what the person wants to do.

Example fans do create petitions and have successfully brought back cancelled television shows. Sometimes letters to the editor do work.

Fans don’t have to get stuck in anger and frustration, especially if it changes nothing. If there is an actual problem there are ways to deal with it. To me frustration really happens when people cannot get what they want, which is never a good feeling.

I’m sure if you could get Wanda back in the Avengers prominently, you wouldn’t be frustrated on that topic. Whether the creators would listen you is another matter, they may or may not.

But that doesn’t mean people have to settle for frustration.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 07-26-2022 at 02:09 AM.

BANNED

With that said I am not trying to suppress anger or frustration. Everyone has the right to feel how they feel. But there are times where we can do certain things about certain problems.

I really am not telling Twitter users how to behave. Let stupid do stupid. However, for people who want to achieve certain things, attacking writers, editors, producers, etc is unnecessary and just gets that person blocked.

Now if people are talking to each other, that’s a different matter. It really depends on what the person wants to do.

Example fans do create petitions and have successfully brought back cancelled television shows. Sometimes letters to the editor do work.

Fans don’t have to get stuck in anger and frustration, especially if it changes nothing. If there is an actual problem there are ways to deal with it. To me frustration really happens when people cannot get what they want, which is never a good feeling.

I’m sure if you could get Wanda back in the Avengers prominently, you wouldn’t be frustrated on that topic. Whether the creators would listen you is another matter, they may or may not.

But that doesn’t mean people have to settle for frustration.
    I think we all know this here. And I don't have any anger towards them not wanting to use her, just confusion. In the end, they have the right to use whatever characters they want. And at least I'm not in the position pf a D-man fan or something.

I just want them to know I'd spend that money if Wanda was in more stuff.

I'm not their mother though. All I can do is not approve of them doing things like making fun of Dan Slott's weight during the SDCC Youtube stream. I don't think it's right to be so impatient about the Hall H stuff that they acted rude towards anything comics related, when Marvel never airs Hall H anyway. And people told them in chat to be respectful, and that Hall H wouldn't be part of the stream. But they didn't listen. I'm hoping they are just young.