Page 372 of 456 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Look I love Lizzie and Im sure as hell not the only one but I do have to call her out on this. Google is everybody's friend and Lizzie is quite often shown to wear something far more revealing than anything she ever did when playing Wanda and she seems comfortable doing so. Still her wishes are her wishes and her current outfits are awesome just as they are. That's not a problem.

But, and you can correct me if Im wrong about that, Wanda has always been a very feminine character with all that it entails. I love Cassandra Cain for example but seeing her wearing a dress and heels is an extremely rare and special occasion because it's not normally in her character to do so. For Wanda though that's just normal and not a big deal. Dressing in a feminine way is neither sexualization nor it is offensive and yes that includes showing some cleavage. There is a list of other criteria that needs to be also fulfilled before you could call it those words and quite frankly there is not a single character in the MCU which that applies to and there probably never will be.
    That is one weird argument, the actress' daily wear shouldn't be taken as the standard of a movie costume.(The same applies to musician/singers not willing to wear the same costume they don in an MV. It's totally valid, because they are different media with different exposure.)
    Hey, this person wears a revealing swimsuit on a beach, on hot weather, etc, so she should be totally fine with it in a movie that will be watched by billions of people? Especially later you are the only one with that treatment?(Well, Wanda is always the exception lol.)

Also I would say WV's final costume is pretty feminine, so who cares, the end results are good and the actress is more comfortable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    In the same issue, I really like how she replies to Danger when she asks to have sex with Wanda:

(All New X-Factor#14).

Another wanda moment I like is her being an embarassing mom to Wiccan in New Avengers#11 vol 4, and she's not even exaggerating the silly shit around her marriage:

Oh yeah, the idea of the scene is fine, but the execution is awkward even if Wanda was the only one talking.

It'd make more sense if she was thinking of how she's gonna stop the hammer, since thinking can be much faster than talking.

Yeah that one works better 'cause they're discussing what they're gonna do, instead of talking like they're doing info dumps to nobody in particular.

That and they're saying what Wanda's gonna do before it happens, not while it's happening lol.
    Did Danger just deadass thought she had a shot because "hey, synthetic life form here, don't you, uhhh, want a piece of me considering your history?"
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-29-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That is one weird argument, the actress' daily wear shouldn't be taken as the standard of a movie costume.(The same applies to musician/singers not willing to wear the same costume they don in an MV. It's totally valid, because they are different media with different exposure.)
    Hey, this person wears a revealing swimsuit on a beach, on hot weather, etc, so she should be totally fine with it in a movie that will be watched by billions of people? Especially later you are the only one with that treatment?(Well, Wanda is always the exception lol.)
    Actors want to know their characters' motivations anyway (even if she mostly had to make them up on MoM because they weren't in the script). Elizabeth Olsen is a movie star, Wanda is not, so Wanda wouldn't dress for work the way a movie star dresses for a premiere. It's OK to dress to show off, but who is Wanda showing off for in Civil War/Infinity War battle scenes? The audience, but that's not an explanation an actor can work with.

In comics, people have talked a lot about how impractical the George Pérez costume is as "working" clothes and it doesn't really feel like Wanda, who takes being an Avenger very seriously, would wear something that's so easy to trip over... though I guess you could argue that her flamboyant, theatrical side is what makes her wear a cape.
    Last edited by gurkle; 07-29-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Look I love Lizzie and Im sure as hell not the only one but I do have to call her out on this. Google is everybody's friend and Lizzie is quite often shown to wear something far more revealing than anything she ever did when playing Wanda and she seems comfortable doing so. Still her wishes are her wishes and her current outfits are awesome just as they are. That's not a problem.
    I mean, she can be okay with showing off her body in other occasions but not like it if she's the only one who has to show off more.

Plus the What If writers seem to be pretty protective of their pet characters like Cap Carter, I wouldn't be surprised if Wanda is a villain again and Cap Carter somehow gets her revenge here.
    Maybe in a "What if Cap Carter was Captain Marvel?" :P.

Did Danger just deadass thought she had a shot because "hey, synthetic life form here, don't you, uhhh, want a piece of me considering your history?"
    Lol, nah, she's asking 'cause she's curious about having sex:

And earlier in the same issue Polaris jokingly suggested her to ask Wanda if she's interested:

So she just decided to ask again since last time the question was interrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I mean, Wanda's slept with a robot on numerous occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Robot vs. synthezoid argument aside, this still doesn’t mean she would want to sleep with every “robot.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One robot man, doesn't mean she'll get frisky with anyone with a few extra wires and a robotic voice lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Also I would say WV's final costume is pretty feminine, so who cares, the end results are good and the actress is more comfortable.
    Also being active in that kind of clothing is not the same as getting pics taken and other leisure activities.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Dressing in a feminine way is neither sexualization nor it is offensive and yes that includes showing some cleavage. There is a list of other criteria that needs to be also fulfilled before you could call it those words and quite frankly there is not a single character in the MCU which that applies to and there probably never will be.
    Depends on the context of how the character is being treated.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Hey Everyone, I am Right Now at My State of Connecticut Biggest Comic Convention of the Year Terrificon!! =D

So Far I got Allot of Our Magic Lady Scarlet Witch Collectables and Great Artwork, nearly so Gar 95%+ of What I am buying is Wanda Merchandise but that is by design to just focus on my collection.

Here is some of the Artist and Artwork I got so far on Day 1, I am here All Weekend!

PS Sorry I can’t seem to fix their rotation.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Kinda old topic but i wish the WandaVision synergy or just the little of it that was shown in ToM a bit with her old version, put then again together, sorry jericho but not even Wanda remembers that romance, there's no reason for Wanda and Vision to not be together like characters like Sue and Reed or Jean and Scott that also been through a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Robot vs. synthezoid argument aside, this still doesn’t mean she would want to sleep with every “robot.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    One robot man, doesn't mean she'll get frisky with anyone with a few extra wires and a robotic voice lol.
    I'm just saying she'd be more willing than most .

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    sorry jericho but not even Wanda remembers that romance
    It's really a shame. I wanted to see where a relationship with two adept magic users with different styles could go. And unlike the movies, Wanda and Vision had a lot of years being together that was already pretty fleshed out. It just seems like no one but Zub wanted to do anything with the relationship. And a lot of his stuff was even said by him to be not approved or cut. So much of what they did have was off panel. Plus with them not allowing him to do those additional stories for Wanda, it severely limited her in comics to either being gone for months or the occasional guest appearance. So it left no chance for development.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hey Everyone, I am Right Now at My State of Connecticut Biggest Comic Convention of the Year Terrificon!! =D

So Far I got Allot of Our Magic Lady Scarlet Witch Collectables and Great Artwork, nearly so Gar 95%+ of What I am buying is Wanda Merchandise but that is by design to just focus on my collection.

Here is some of the Artist and Artwork I got so far on Day 1, I am here All Weekend!

PS Sorry I can’t seem to fix their rotation.
    I hope you are having fun CJ, and watch out for the heat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's really a shame. I wanted to see where a relationship with two adept magic users with different styles could go. And unlike the movies, Wanda and Vision had a lot of years being together that was already pretty fleshed out. It just seems like no one but Zub wanted to do anything with the relationship. And a lot of his stuff was even said by him to be not approved or cut. So much of what they did have was off panel. Plus with them not allowing him to do those additional stories for Wanda, it severely limited her in comics to either being gone for months or the occasional guest appearance. So it left no chance for development.
    For the pure meme potential, the next time Wanda appears she should be already divorced with Jericho, and she is gonna act like they totally got married in the first place. Ahhh, the things the girl did offscreen, wild.