Page 373 of 456 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That is one weird argument, the actress' daily wear shouldn't be taken as the standard of a movie costume.(The same applies to musician/singers not willing to wear the same costume they don in an MV. It's totally valid, because they are different media with different exposure.)
    Hey, this person wears a revealing swimsuit on a beach, on hot weather, etc, so she should be totally fine with it in a movie that will be watched by billions of people? Especially later you are the only one with that treatment?(Well, Wanda is always the exception lol.)

Also I would say WV's final costume is pretty feminine, so who cares, the end results are good and the actress is more comfortable.
    Every public appearance of a star will be seen by many people. Especially at official events. That being said I said it's not an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Depends on the context of how the character is being treated.
    Yes that's that other criteria I talked about and I have yet to see a character who is treated as nothing more than eye candy in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Actors want to know their characters' motivations anyway (even if she mostly had to make them up on MoM because they weren't in the script). Elizabeth Olsen is a movie star, Wanda is not, so Wanda wouldn't dress for work the way a movie star dresses for a premiere. It's OK to dress to show off, but who is Wanda showing off for in Civil War/Infinity War battle scenes? The audience, but that's not an explanation an actor can work with.

In comics, people have talked a lot about how impractical the George Pérez costume is as "working" clothes and it doesn't really feel like Wanda, who takes being an Avenger very seriously, would wear something that's so easy to trip over... though I guess you could argue that her flamboyant, theatrical side is what makes her wear a cape.
    See this where we are getting into the whole fiction aspect.
    Wanda is a "mage" type character with a whole lot of abilities whichs means she has additional freedom in what she can wear. It's pushed to the point where it doesn't even matter what she is wearing at all. I mean she took out an entire force of Ultron bots and a superhero team wearing nothing more than a shirt and jeans. She could have been naked and her battle with Thanos wouldn't have changed at all.

But even Gandalf who is not even doing all the crazy stuff Wanda is doing and instead was fighting in melee was still just wearing simple robes all the time because he's a wizard and that's just how they dress. Simple as that.

Realism should never dictate everything in fiction especially in
    escapism genres like Fantasy or anything with superheroes. If it would then every single character should be wearing a helmet and body armor because additional protection is never bad but nobody really wants that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just saying she'd be more willing than most .
    I mean even if just secretly I could see many people being into it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Every public appearance of a star will be seen by many people. Especially at official events. That being said I said it's not an issue at all.

Yes that's that other criteria I talked about and I have yet to see a character who is treated as nothing more than eye candy in the MCU.

See this where we are getting into the whole fiction aspect.
    Wanda is a "mage" type character with a whole lot of abilities whichs means she has additional freedom in what she can wear. It's pushed to the point where it doesn't even matter what she is wearing at all. I mean she took out an entire force of Ultron bots and a superhero team wearing nothing more than a shirt and jeans. She could have been naked and her battle with Thanos wouldn't have changed at all.

But even Gandalf who is not even doing all the crazy stuff Wanda is doing and instead was fighting in melee was still just wearing simple robes all the time because he's a wizard and that's just how they dress. Simple as that.

Realism should never dictate everything in fiction especially in
    escapism genres like Fantasy or anything with superheroes. If it would then every single character should be wearing a helmet and body armor because additional protection is never bad but nobody really wants that.
    A full length movie is not comparable to a real time event, not ever. Celebrity gets filmed on beaches all the time, does that mean they should be comfortable with some full length swimsuit running around business?

And sure realism is not a major concern in this kind of media, but there is an actual actress involved, she is not a 3D model or a drawing, so she has a say in how she would be represented, pretty simple right?

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's the guys that are for the most part. Other than some gratuitous butt shots of women as well, and Hulk falling in Widow's boobs. There was also the old Avengers poster that had Widow posed in a curious way.

But I think for Liz it's having to be in rigging all the time to fly. It doesn't work with some outfits. And really it's her choice. If she doesn't want to be all out in some cases, that's her right. And the right of anyone, not just women. No one is entitled to see more when she doesn't want to show it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    A full length movie is not comparable to a real time event, not ever. Celebrity gets filmed on beaches all the time, does that mean they should be comfortable with some full length swimsuit running around business?

And sure realism is not a major concern in this kind of media, but there is an actual actress involved, she is not a 3D model or a drawing, so she has a say in how she would be represented, pretty simple right?
    Who says she shouldn't? I certainly didn't so maybe you should drop that. Or do I have to say for a 3rd time now that that isn't a problem?

But obviously there are limits to it. An actor is an actor for a reason. They are not playing themselves, they are playing someone else. Judge Dredd is a good example here. There are two movies about him. One from 1995 featuring Sylvester Stallone and one from 2012 featuring Karl Urban. Dredd has a big character trait about him. He never takes off his helmet and yet the Stallone version violated this character trait heavily and repeatably. We don't know who exactly was responsible for that but so Im not giving blame to Stallone here but it's a clear that the mere presence of a big name actor lead to the violation of a big character trait. Something that the Karl Urban version actually respected by never showing his face.

This is currently not the case when it comes to Olsen/Wanda so everything is fine. The Halloween dress being apparently her request shows that actually cares somewhat about the source material.
    Last edited by Galerion; 07-30-2022 at 01:08 AM.

I mean, a good looking costume is a good looking costume to me. I love the classic duds as much as I like her Perez costume or her modern suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, a good looking costume is a good looking costume to me. I love the classic duds as much as I like her Perez costume or her modern suits.
    You certainly aren't the only one on that front. There is still new fan art being made with those older costumes. I mean it's obvious why

https://www.deviantart.com/chriscomi...itch-923913637

https://www.deviantart.com/sebastian...itch-923679025

https://www.deviantart.com/chuckartt...itch-923502219

Greetings everyone! I've been a lurker here since three years ago and have been following your discussions and debates until now. I've learned so much about her just by seeing your post and every time there are news about her I always come here to see your reactions, though I understand how recently it has been mostly sour I've never found a reason to jump in and join you guys until recently I completed a project from art school where I choose Wanda as my subject. Since I haven't made any art account yet I decided to share it here since I'm most confident in sharing my novice fanart with fellow Wanda fans. Anyway I hope you find my fanart tolerable at least I based her poses from her cover variant of Axis and a panel from Children's Crusade. I know that you'll hate the hairstyle I chose for her but I'm obsessed with Agent Scully of X-Files these days so... I'll probably go back to lurking mode after this. Cheers!

final1.jpg
    Last edited by tranquil; 07-30-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Welcome to the thread, glad Wanda became an artistic inspiration for you.

Thank you! I won't be posting much though but I'll most definitely keep checking out your discussions haha

Does anyone remembers in what issue or comic Wanda regains her memories after agatha wipes them out, she gained them before dissassembled and bendis changed it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Does anyone remembers in what issue or comic Wanda regains her memories after agatha wipes them out, she gained them before dissassembled and bendis changed it.
    I think the first time that it's confirmed she remembers her kids is Avengers West Coast #70.

She mentions them a few times after and I think she mentions as an aside in "A Study in Scarlet" that she's glad Agatha restored her memories of her kids. So I guess we can assume it happened off-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think the first time that it's confirmed she remembers her kids is Avengers West Coast #70.

She mentions them a few times after and I think she mentions as an aside in "A Study in Scarlet" that she's glad Agatha restored her memories of her kids. So I guess we can assume it happened off-panel.

Oh thank you

The trailer for What If? season 2 leaked online but was quickly taken down. I didn't get to see it, but I've heard that Wanda appears wearing another new costume.
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-30-2022 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    Greetings everyone! I've been a lurker here since three years ago and have been following your discussions and debates until now. I've learned so much about her just by seeing your post and every time there are news about her I always come here to see your reactions, though I understand how recently it has been mostly sour I've never found a reason to jump in and join you guys until recently I completed a project from art school where I choose Wanda as my subject. Since I haven't made any art account yet I decided to share it here since I'm most confident in sharing my novice fanart with fellow Wanda fans. Anyway I hope you find my fanart tolerable at least I based her poses from her cover variant of Axis and a panel from Children's Crusade. I know that you'll hate the hairstyle I chose for her but I'm obsessed with Agent Scully of X-Files these days so... I'll probably go back to lurking mode after this. Cheers!

final1.jpg
    Welcome! And nice art!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.