Page 377 of 456 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's the creators' job to manage it. Just like it was the creators' job to provide a good Doctor Strange vs. Scarlet Witch or Wong vs. Scarlet Witch or anybody vs. Scarlet Witch fight instead of what we got. (Though they were originally going to have a big America vs. Wanda fight where they punch in and out of different universes, and that either got cut or was never filmed.)

Characters go up against characters more powerful than themselves all the time, and one way writers handle that is making the more powerful characters forget about their powers -- that always happens -- but also finding ways that the less powerful characters can hold their own. Like Wanda, a probability-altering mutant, beating an immortal Asgardian sorceress by reflecting Amora's much greater (at the time) powers back on her.

All we got in the movie is that red energy blasts are stronger than the orange energy blasts.
    Also since when is asking for better or more visually interesting magic tricks and spells for actual magic users means destroying the lame plot that the movie already had.

It's the creators' job to manage it. Just like it was the creators' job to provide a good Doctor Strange vs. Scarlet Witch or Wong vs. Scarlet Witch or anybody vs. Scarlet Witch fight instead of what we got. (Though they were originally going to have a big America vs. Wanda fight where they punch in and out of different universes, and that either got cut or was never filmed.)

Characters go up against characters more powerful than themselves all the time, and one way writers handle that is making the more powerful characters forget about their powers -- that always happens -- but also finding ways that the less powerful characters can hold their own. Like Wanda, a probability-altering mutant, beating an immortal Asgardian sorceress by reflecting Amora's much greater (at the time) powers back on her.

And that's exactly what happened at the end of the day. Wanda was established as still holding back. She had multiple chances to kill Strange and Wong for that matter but never did. Always knocking them down or incapacitating them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    BossLogic always coming up with these awesome movie posters though in this case I think it was already talked about in an interview somewhere that the Russo brothers won't be directing the next Avenger movies.
    Kang Dynasty will be directed by Destin Daniel Cretton for example.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They did mention that Armor Wars is still happening at SDCC, they just did not give it a release date yet.
    Oh I know. Originally though even Don Cheadle himself said that filming will begin soon and yet here we are.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Oh I know. Originally though even Don Cheadle himself said that filming will begin soon and yet here we are.
    The whole line up got pushed back due to Covid. Everything else suffers for it. We have a whole phase going into another now.

Also, this isn't to say that Marvel in general does not have problems. After stories from Ronald Wimberly and Christopher Priest, that should be very understood. Sexism and racism do still happen, usually not in a malicious way, but more in an ignorance way. Both with the studio and comics. We are in the thread of a character completely whitewashed both in comics and in the movies, lol. They still have problems.

I just don't think Armor Wars is an example of that, just yet. We'll see.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-04-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

When you just wish the movies could be more creative.

A deleted scene of Wanda showing a decapitated head of 616 Mordo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg2aH_AP...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the big pre-reshoots plot leak from last summer said the movie was going to start with Wanda beheading Mordo. The idea being that the last movie set Mordo up as the villain of the sequel, so it would be a huge shock when Wanda kills him and reveals that she's the villain instead.

Just a childish movie that cared more about cheap shocks than being a good Doctor Strange movie. They cut that but they should have cut more.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post

Oh my. I’m here for it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Oh my. I’m here for it.
    I can't say I'm there for her being that grim. I hope they keep her out of anything else that edgy.

As long as it’s not Wanda being the aggressor I too stand by her “show no mercy” approach.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    MCU Wanda is already far beyond any other hero in terms of power.

She escaped the mirror dimension and effected the real world while in it by desintegrating Wongs and Stranges sling rings. Both of the things are impossible by what has been established previously.

She tanked the entire firepower of Kamar Taj, regenerated herself like Wolverine, took super strength punches whose shockwaves knocked clouds away from America Chavez, was locked up with the Souls of the Damned. All of this did zero damage to her. She was imperious to any harm.

Reality warping is the most powerful power in existence. It allows you to create things out of nothing, change already existing things, erase things from existence, and generally force reality to obey your will just by thinking about it. All 4 of the things has Wanda displayed throughout WV and MoM.
    All of these powers and yet she can't heal, since she was worried her kids would get sick .

He did not however get the SS title, get a good depiction, nor really have his lore explored. He is in his own film framed as being a danger to all universes and caving to the Darkhold in all realities. The movie failed everyone. Wanda, Strange and America Chavez.
    Poor forgotten Wong, is the Sorcerer Supreme and is the most useless named character, but nobody remembers how screwed he was, or that he exists .

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Oh that looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Mordo looks he is tired of the shit in MoM.
    Wanda on the other hand just looks like a cartoon villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    All of these powers and yet she can't heal, since she was worried her kids would get sick .
    It's because no one writing for the MCU has seen the comic where she heals Cap's jaw after the Wrecking Crew broke it.

Extraordinary Member

Or keeps Thor from dying after severe damage from the Destroyer.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Mordo looks he is tired of the shit in MoM.
    Wanda on the other hand just looks like a cartoon villain.
    Anddddd This Panel would be different from how the Movie turned out How Exactly?!

It's because no one writing for the MCU has seen the comic where she heals Cap's jaw after the Wrecking Crew broke it.
    The Writers of MoM might read Comics?! =/ ~
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Or keeps Thor from dying after severe damage from the Destroyer.
    She also resurrects Thunderstrike from being turned into shards of glass, by using just traditional magic. And the whole being able to create the kids to begin with makes everything not make sense, because just remake them. Just this time go to a remote island so no one bothers her.