Page 38 of 456 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What if… Mr Kurt Busiek is slated to write a Wanda solo and is hanging around this thread to get a deeper education on the character’s recent escapades and test the waters on different ideas about continuity?

I actually won't mind if he just tosses most of the convulted nonsense out of the window and use his OG coninuity/lore explanation.

What if… Mr Kurt Busiek is slated to write a Wanda solo and is hanging around this thread to get a deeper education on the character’s recent escapades and test the waters on different ideas about continuity?
    Don't break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I actually won't mind if he just tosses most of the convulted nonsense out of the window and use his OG coninuity/lore explanation.
    Totally agree. Especially if he got rid of the High Evolutionary out of the origin.

You never know some companies and creators do check out forums to see what fans want or would be interested in

Interesting leak for Multiverse of Madness.

spoilers:
    It is rumored that Patrick Stewart’s Professor X has a significant role in Multiverse of Madness. His role apparently parallels the character’s role at the start of House of M where he tries to help Wanda and apparently “dies”. The movie ends with Wanda creating a universe/multiverse-wide hex. The leaker wasn’t exactly sure what happened.

Now there has been post-reshoot leaks that clarifies the ending. Apparently they go fill House of M and create new reality with mutants have been a part of MCU history and Deadpool is the only one that remembers the previous X-Men universe (similar to Wolverine in House of M).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Interesting leak for Multiverse of Madness.

spoilers:
    It is rumored that Patrick Stewart’s Professor X has a significant role in Multiverse of Madness. His role apparently parallels the character’s role at the start of House of M where he tries to help Wanda and apparently “dies”. The movie ends with Wanda creating a universe/multiverse-wide hex. The leaker wasn’t exactly sure what happened.

Now there has been post-reshoot leaks that clarifies the ending. Apparently they go fill House of M and create new reality with mutants have been a part of MCU history and Deadpool is the only one that remembers the previous X-Men universe (similar to Wolverine in House of M).
    end of spoilers
    This leak is old news I think, and seriously why would baldy, a character with no history in MCU what so ever pull his mansplaining on Wanda in MCU? It's already jarring enough in comics lol. But I guess people just love dude lecturing Wanda that much.(I do feel sorry for Stephen who is essentially a mouthpiece for Bendis, Xavier was more or less the same I guess)

Everytime this kind of fanfic like leak tries so damn hard to use Wanda as plot device for mutants, the less sorry I feel about their (also rumored) slaughter lol.
    It's less of an interesting leak more like a tiring one really.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    You never know some companies and creators do check out forums to see what fans want or would be interested in
    I am still waiting for my paycheck for giving them the Darkhold propehcy stuff /s.
    Seriously though, I wonder if that inspiration came from 90s Darkhold comics(the prophecy that uses Wanda as a red herring while actually pointing at Victoria Montesi), or the more recent Red Slayer prophecy from the 2016 Carnage run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love the style, but what is Vision holding? It makes Vision look like mage of some sort lol.

This leak is old news I think, and seriously why would baldy, a character with no history in MCU what so ever pull his mansplaining on Wanda in MCU? It's already jarring enough in comics lol. But I guess people just love dude lecturing Wanda that much.(I do feel sorry for Stephen who is essentially a mouthpiece for Bendis, Xavier was more or less the same I guess)

Everytime this kind of fanfic like leak tries so damn hard to use Wanda as plot device for mutants, the less sorry I feel about their (also rumored) slaughter lol.
    It's less of an interesting leak more like a tiring one really.
    It seems that he wants to help her. He is suppose to be hero after all.

Extraordinary Member

He also tried to help her in HoM, the narrative framed her as the insane one in the first place and send a dude she has little to do with to "help" her.
    You do know how narrative works right? It's like creating a crisis in the story and send a pet character to be the hero of the story while framing everyone else as incompetent.(Except in this case they are going to use baldy as the respected elder to frame Wanda as some kind of dangerous brat who is too powerful for her own good if the leak is to be believed.)
    I am talking from a meta-reading persepctive, the role of Xavier is purposefully placed there by a writer who doesn't care about the main characters' story and own agency. So they use authority figures as mouthpieces to declare her supposed "madness"(which is forced upon her by the writer with little explanation in the first place).

My resentment of Xavier in MoM or any other rando is not about their roles being villainous or heroic, it's simply about their function in the narrative, like it or not, his function was there to villainize Wanda. I would actually prefer if MoM Xavier and Illuminati are bunch of deranged war criminals who think they are doing the greater good so they can offed quickly and ruthlessly.
    And honestly I don't wish him to get any much screen time and narrative focus, it's a Dr.Strange movie, and what the **** is Xavier doing there anyway? The same can be said about mutants, what right do they have to hijack Wanda's character and use her as a plot device for their own introduction, it's not even a good one at that.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-24-2022 at 05:26 AM.

He also tried to help her in HoM, the narrative framed her as the insane one in the first place and send a dude she has little to do with to "help" her.
    You do know how narrative works right? It's like creating a crisis in the story and send a pet character to be the hero of the story while framing everyone else as incompetent.(Except in this case they are going to use baldy as the respected elder to frame Wanda as some kind of dangerous brat who is too powerful for her own good if the leak is to be believed.)
    I am talking from a meta-reading persepctive, the role of Xavier is purposefully placed there by a writer who doesn't care about the main characters' story and own agency. So they use authority figures as mouthpieces to declare her supposed "madness"(which is forced upon her by the writer with little explanation in the first place).

My resentment of Xavier in MoM or any other rando is not about their roles being villainous or heroic, it's simply about their function in the narrative, like it or not, his function was there to villainize Wanda. I would actually prefer if MoM Xavier and Illuminati are bunch of deranged war criminals who think they are doing the greater good so they can offed quickly and ruthlessly.
    And honestly I don't wish him to get any much screen time and narrative focus, it's a Dr.Strange movie, and what the **** is Xavier doing there anyway? The same can be said about mutants, what right do they have to hijack Wanda's character and use her as a plot device for their own introduction, it's not even a good one at that.
    I think the villain is a Lore-inspired variant of Wanda.

I do feel the same but would the writers use as inspiration a very obscure character from wanda's first solo comic? Especially if she isn't the lead but a co-lead apparently

Extraordinary Member

So does Lore introduced the mutants then?
    Anyway I don't want them in MoM, and if there is a Lore-Wanda as the villain, she should serve main Wanda and Stephen's narrative.

"Hero" that tried to molest children in comics and kept Danger imprisoned. Then manipulated the lives of some X-Men members. Cyclops was right to kill him.

I shouldn't even say tried, since he forced Dani to have an orgasm in X-Men and the Micronauts. She wasn't of legal age.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-24-2022 at 12:59 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.