Page 388 of 456 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With how Wanda and Pietro get new parents once in a while, maybe he will be someday .
    I think it's just game related. Probably because they are teasing some things about the game. Or they just misinterpreted their parentage.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Trying to keep this thread positive until (sigh) she appears in a comic again, I was trying to think of crazy things Wanda's powers have done. Since they're so ill-defined, writers can make them do anything, especially when she's a guest in a comic. And sometimes the less sense it makes the more fun it is.

One that came to mind because it's similar to one of the few uses of her powers I liked in "Multiverse of Madness" (the "what mouth?" bit) is from Quicksilver's solo comic where Black Bolt is mind-controlled to use his voice and kill everyone, so Pietro's solution is to pick up Wanda while she's casting a random hex and place the hex in the path of the shockwave, and the "hex-sphere" sucks the entire force of the explosion into it. How does that work? What happens to the hex bubble with the explosion in it? Whatever.

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Trying to keep this thread positive until (sigh) she appears in a comic again, I was trying to think of crazy things Wanda's powers have done. Since they're so ill-defined, writers can make them do anything, especially when she's a guest in a comic. And sometimes the less sense it makes the more fun it is.
    When In avengers #85 Thor transported the avengers but something went wrong and Wanda and others stayed in some reality that was so hot and melting, Wanda fully phases the Avengers back into reality, and takes them back to their proper point in the timeline

When she blew up half of Wundagore Mountain

Could also bring the time she made a meteriote fall on Kang, if someone knows also other times she did crazy things with her probability power/ hex bolts, it would be great to post them

Those two examples of "hex spheres" were quite different from other times when "Hex Spheres" were more like a force field that protected Wanda or encased another person.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    When In avengers #85 Thor transported the avengers but something went wrong and Wanda and others stayed in some reality that was so hot and melting, Wanda fully phases the Avengers back into reality, and takes them back to their proper point in the timeline
    I always loved the caption literally defining her power as "something happens."

The Wundagore Mountain one also talks about a "combination hex bolt and mutant blast," but isn't her hex bolt supposed to be her mutant power? But writers got confused a lot about what was mutant, magic or something in between.

One of the all-time craziest uses of her hex bolts, though you really need to read the issues to get the full effect, is in maybe her best guest appearance of the '70s, Marvel Team-Up #41-44 written by Bill Mantlo (an arc guest-starring her, Vision, Doctor Doom and Moondragon). It's too complicated to explain, but when Wanda's mind is taken over by an evil witch-hunter who wants to take her back in time to the Salem Witch trials, she manages to cast a random hex before passing out, and the hex produces a pink fireball that zooms around New York until it starts following Spider-Man around, and eventually teleports him to Wanda. (Note: Spidey and Wanda had never met on-panel before and she never had the power to teleport before.)

Then in the last issue of the arc, when everyone is back in the 17th century, Wanda pulls the same trick again, except the hex goes forward in time to the 20th century, takes over Moondragon's mind and compels her to let it teleport her back in time to 17th-century Salem so she can help fight the villain.

And Wanda has no idea how she did any of this because both these hexes were cast unconsciously before she passed out. This was the '70s and there wasn't a lot of editing going on, so it seems like Mantlo just got to make Wanda's powers do literally anything he wanted without knowing what she was doing, and it was kind of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I always loved the caption literally defining her power as "something happens."

The Wundagore Mountain one also talks about a "combination hex bolt and mutant blast," but isn't her hex bolt supposed to be her mutant power? But writers got confused a lot about what was mutant, magic or something in between.

One of the all-time craziest uses of her hex bolts, though you really need to read the issues to get the full effect, is in maybe her best guest appearance of the '70s, Marvel Team-Up #41-44 written by Bill Mantlo (an arc guest-starring her, Vision, Doctor Doom and Moondragon). It's too complicated to explain, but when Wanda's mind is taken over by an evil witch-hunter who wants to take her back in time to the Salem Witch trials, she manages to cast a random hex before passing out, and the hex produces a pink fireball that zooms around New York until it starts following Spider-Man around, and eventually teleports him to Wanda. (Note: Spidey and Wanda had never met on-panel before and she never had the power to teleport before.)

Then in the last issue of the arc, when everyone is back in the 17th century, Wanda pulls the same trick again, except the hex goes forward in time to the 20th century, takes over Moondragon's mind and compels her to let it teleport her back in time to 17th-century Salem so she can help fight the villain.

And Wanda has no idea how she did any of this because both these hexes were cast unconsciously before she passed out. This was the '70s and there wasn't a lot of editing going on, so it seems like Mantlo just got to make Wanda's powers do literally anything he wanted without knowing what she was doing, and it was kind of fun.

That hex that nabbed Spidey and the one that snags Moondragon's mind were very odd in that things like this were never done before or since, but even moreso, seemed to be keyed for Spidey and MD. They were also the most potent of hexe that Wanda used during that multi-issue arc.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I must say that I really like the streamlining of Wandas character in this aspect. From reading these it's quite obvious that Wandas powers were ill-defined and vague to the point where even the writers themselves had no idea so they just made her do things.
    Nowadays she is a powerful witch who uses magic. Since it's magic she do can all kinds of things and you don't have to explain it because that's the point of magic. Boom. Finished. It's really way more simple. It's also why I heavily dislike any attempts at turning her into a mutant again. It adds nothing to her character at this point.
    "This is me being reasonable"

For the most part, I didn't mind Wanda's Hexes doing different things.

What I minded was some were way too weak, while others could be very strange like above, and while not supposed to have any control over her hexes, it made it seem like she did have control, such as summoning Spider-Man when she needed him.

Of course, it was always fun to wait for the next issue to see just what Wanda's Hexes would do in it!

I do like the mutant who was a just a probability manipulator that learn magic, i mean i guess we could say now that she is an experiment that got her ability from the High Evolutionary, even thought his experiment only says it made her more receptive to magical energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I do like the mutant who was a just a probability manipulator that learn magic, i mean i guess we could say now that she is an experiment that got her ability from the High Evolutionary, even thought his experiment only says it made her more receptive to magical energy.
    So do they still call them "hexes" when Wanda uses her powers?

I wouldn't mind probability disruption (Hexes) from the HE's manipulation, and also a magic set of powers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I must say that I really like the streamlining of Wandas character in this aspect. From reading these it's quite obvious that Wandas powers were ill-defined and vague to the point where even the writers themselves had no idea so they just made her do things.
    Nowadays she is a powerful witch who uses magic. Since it's magic she do can all kinds of things and you don't have to explain it because that's the point of magic. Boom. Finished. It's really way more simple. It's also why I heavily dislike any attempts at turning her into a mutant again. It adds nothing to her character at this point.
    I feel like streamlining is easier on new fans too, who are trying to get to know her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

as a longtime reader, Ive always found her powers confusing. She just throws hex bolts and things happen. At least the magic is targeted and less random

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So do they still call them "hexes" when Wanda uses her powers?
    They do, yes. In the Kurt Busiek run that introduced the idea that her powers had always been magic -- which has stuck since then, even in Avengers Disassembled -- she continues to use terms like hex sphere, hex power, etc. She uses her magic powers to cast hexes.