Page 390 of 456 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 6836

John Byrne Was Not Fired From Avengers West Coast
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...st/ar-AA11d0Hw

Now that Wanda fused with the darkhold you would think she would also somehow learn the spells inside the book or just absorbed it..

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I didn't know that people thought that. I remember it always being said he left because he couldn't write the story he initially wanted.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Now that Wanda fused with the darkhold you would think she would also somehow learn the spells inside the book or just absorbed it..
    The entire thing is a huge wildcard right now and it can take her into totally different directions. It could just be a way to keep Chthon imprisoned and not much more or she could now possess all of his power and be the goddess of chaos herself.
    Basically a free ticket for a huge power up. I mean as of ToM she already is immortal.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I wonder what Darkhold Dwarf, or say the manifestion of Darkhold's sentience think about the whole deal.
    Darkhold Dwarf had been doing Chthon's bidding as this is the purpose of his creation, would be interesting if Darkhold now becomes a wildcard with questionable/swinging loyalty between Wanda and Chthon.(The same goes for other Chthonic creations who their own somewhat independent mind/thought.)

It would be fun to see Wanda trying to recruit some of Chthon's servants/creations into her own service, kinda like in Shadow of Mordor/War games where the player recruit orcs to join your side as spies and what not.(In Wanda's case though, the "Sauron" is already defeated and locked up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Well with his original intentions for what he wanted her to be doing to Simon - in front of the team no less- he should have been. Each time I read about him it's more disappointing. He must have been going through something - the part that got edited was sociopathic on his part. He definitely didn't take the higher path and thank goodness for Mackie on this one. http://www.kleefeldoncomics.com/2020...ca-56.html?m=1 Misogynistic, sexist and vulgar are the only words to describe his intentions. Shows such a negative part of his psyche. Glad he didn't finish. Roy Thomas brought Wanda back around nicely and with the same compassion, dignity and grace she'd always displayed.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 08-31-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't know that people thought that. I remember it always being said he left because he couldn't write the story he initially wanted.
    Love your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    On the topic of streamlining Wandas powers I feel the comics have a problem that the MCU doesn't have and that is Pietro. Let me explain. In the MCU Wanda is a born witch and a very special one at that and that's it. It's simple and clean. So how did MCU Pietro got his powers? We don't really know and since he is dead it's not really important anyway so people can headcanon it. Wanda gave Monica superpowers through the Hex and Agatha gave Ralph Boner Quicksilvers powers through an enchanted necklace so it's easy to assume it's in their powers to do so and Wanda was using magic all the time unknowingly so there you have a possible explanation.
    In the comics though Pietro is obviously alive and kicking and since they are siblings you have to explain how both of them got their powers. Obviously they didn't bother with giving them different origins on how they attained their powers so that's why we currently have this High Evolutionary stuff that nobody really cares for I imagine.

Now is it really worth it to retcon this once again? I don't think so because I honestly don't see many references being made to it anyways but it would be possible I suppose.

Interestingly Trial of Magneto established her as immortal so there is that.
    Yeah- def not in love with High Evolutionary's involvement. I do love ToM more and more as you and CJ post references to it that just make me smile:-)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Arrow

Deleted Post, Sorry.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-31-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    New D23Expo Advertisement Poster just Dropped, Time to Play Where’s Waldo of who they are Advertising for the Show.

Although it's a fan edit of the actual poster, here's hoping there's something of her they'll announce there

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    Although it's a fan edit of the actual poster, here's hoping there's something of her they'll announce there
    I knew it was too good to be true. Even if they were going to announce something they'd never tip their hand like that.

Still, fans eventually managed to meme Daredevil back into the MCU, so fan enthusiasm counts for something.

Extraordinary Member

I wish I could think of a way to keep this thread going in a non-depressing way. With no comics and no MCU projects on the horizon, it's hard.

I expect Agatha's show to be described at D23, but I don't expect them to do anything but tease the possibility of Wanda maybe coming back. If anything I think they'll try and keep it a secret (though it will leak of course) so they can have her show up as a "surprise" in Agatha's show, so I don't expect to even hear anything about her future until 2024.

If the comics appearances Cebulski was talking about don't happen -- and they may not -- we may have two years of nothing but cameos and speculation.

It's just so insane that this happened after she became more popular than anyone ever thought possible. But it really nags at me: we were proven right that Wanda is one of Marvel's best female characters and that she didn't need Magneto or "no more mutants" or going crazy to be popular... and it didn't matter that we were proven right because they had already arranged for her to do Avengers Disassembled but much worse.

I am way too invested in this character but I don't think I've ever felt quite as sad as I do now, knowing that D23 will probably not have details on her return. I hate having to depend on other people for my favorite character's future, and something like Multiverse of Madness or House of M feels almost like someone is telling a lie about someone we love -- we've spent years trying to explain that even though Wanda wiped out mutants, Wanda would never wipe out mutants, that she is out of character no matter what the writer says. The same thing happened with MoM but worse (and I'm not only blaming the writer; he's just the only one giving interviews defending this trainwreck, but he's not the boss).

I feel like I don't want to give up on her but I don't know how to keep talking about her. It's clear that except for the fluke of Jac Schaeffer and Matt Shakman doing a good job with WandaVision, this character has no luck, she gets treated in a sexist way by people who think they're woke, and she will never be considered a Strong Female Character by the powers that be, never get the kind of respect that every other hero gets. It just... OK, that was a good line from MoM... doesn't seem fair.

I'm just playing the waiting game right now. Waiting on any news of anything.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I get the worry you are all feeling, but I seriously think Wanda is being underestimate by the shear Impact she is having, this is nothing like years before.

Just Want to share a heartwarming video I just found to help us get perspective in more ways that can be said, please take love & perspective from this indeed;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Just want Wanda in some book where she can save people and look good while fighting some old/new foes