Page 4 of 456 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I know they have been meeting but we donīt really know what they talk about of how they relate to each other so I would like to see a more fleshed out interaction between them.
    Me too absolutely. I would love Marvel to do some more magic related books with some fleshed out stories for all magic users. They've done a little here and there, but there definitely needs to be more in the supernatural side of Marvel.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Me too absolutely. I would love Marvel to do some more magic related books with some fleshed out stories for all magic users. They've done a little here and there, but there definitely needs to be more in the supernatural side of Marvel.
    Yes I agree the magic side of marvel could become another franchise if it was given the time and care to the previous lore but I dont know what writer would be the best for this but if push comes to shove I think the writer of Death of Dr Strange is doing a good job with the magical characters and I would be interested in seeing what else he would do given the opportunity.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I agree the magic side of marvel could become another franchise if it was given the time and care to the previous lore but I dont know what writer would be the best for this but if push comes to shove I think the writer of Death of Dr Strange is doing a good job with the magical characters and I would be interested in seeing what else he would do given the opportunity.
    I've wanted Donny Cates to be given the keys for the supernatural side for probably close to a year now.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I've wanted Donny Cates to be given the keys for the supernatural side for probably close to a year now.
    Well lest hope he finally gets them once MoM is out, marvel may need that last push to finally do it
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind Cates and other writers who have been recently involved in the mystical side of Marvel in general.
    But again I kinda wish they can expand the mystical lore by adding details to established characters and plotlines.
    Instead of pulling out a new villain sue that is again somehow "older than universe/creation itself"(and somehow they dominate/control aspects that previous villains already occupy) and proceed to kill every classic mystical villain to show how terrifying they are. The three Mothers are relatively better ones, I find Gorr and Knull boring AF, they scream edgy teen boys' fanfic to me.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-03-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't mind Cates and other writers who have been recently involved in the mystical side of Marvel in general.
    But again I kinda wish they can expand the mystical lore by adding details to established characters and plotlines.
    Instead of pulling out a new villain sue that is again somehow "older than universe/creation itself"(and somehow they dominate/control aspects that previous villains already occupy) and proceed to kill every classic mystical villain to show how terrifying they are. The three Mothers are relatively better ones, I find Gorr and Knull boring AF, they scream edgy teen boys' fanfic to me.
    I was fine with those two in the context of the stories being told. But I don't want too much edginess. I liked the idea of the Midnight Sons team that Cates teased and wanted it to be a thing. And feel like from interviews with Cates that he seems to be a character driven style writer, which I prefer. But also if he got that whole side of Marvel, it'd probably end up mandated and plot driven. Because Marvel would likely want it to tie into every event. And I have dropped regular books before when their story got too taken over by events.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-03-2022 at 02:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of writers really love to shill their personal favs, in the case of Mystical Marvel, villain shilling somehow happens more than heroes(which still exist of course.)
    Aaron and Cates often make up new villains(or pick a classic villain that is not supposed to be that powerful) that mop the floor with other classic villains to show how awesome they are, which sometimes felt childish like little kids comparing whose dad is cooler.(Seriously, sometimes those writers' entire portrayal of their new darlings is basically "they easily defeated every single one of your classic boys/girls" instead of writing something actually unique and interesting.)
    And they often got defeated rather anti-climatically by heroes the writers shill for as well.(In Donny Cates' case, Knull and Venom, seriously, why everything has to have an "older than creation itself" origin? )
    Donny Cates unfortunately also seems to have the philosophy of older, bigger mean better mentality, while he is certainly a better writer than the likes of Aaron overall, I really hope he holds on his horses if he is to write a mystical Marvel book.

Extraordinary Member

TLDR; some writers seem to behave like Twitter kids by trying really hard to make some characters absurdly powerful for the sake of appearing awesome and then wrap it up in a poor way.(And they generally lack any form of subtlety or nuance.)

It's unfortunately something that has always existed in comics. Just not always with villains. Writers have their pet characters that job others.

It's unfortunately something that has always existed in comics. Just not always with villains. Writers have their pet characters that job others.
    Personal bias has always been a problem when it comes to good storytelling.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Personal bias has always been a problem when it comes to good storytelling.
    Especially when you are working on the creations of other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Especially when you are working on the creations of other writers.
    Too true...

Extraordinary Member

Just some old ideas about Marvel's mystical villains, it would be cool if they again start adding some unique quirks/personal rules for high tier Mystical Entities.
    For example, showcase their desire and pursuit, they are higher beings but they can very well be like bunch of mad philosophers obsessed with certain concepts they will sacrifice anything to understand.
    For Chthon, it could be about home and kinship, the original Nights of Wundagore is pretty much story about that, Wundagore is Wanda's home/birthplace, Django/Avengers/Pietro are her "kin" that would help her no matter what.
    It's also Chthon's desire to return to Earth, his home. And it would be interesting if it's not actually for any utility reasons, but for the simple fact that he was forced to leave. It's something that is taken from him, thus in his mind, home is what should make him whole again.
    My general ideas for the Elder Gods is that they have some "Earthly obsession" mortals may relate to a bit, but cannot actually understand at the end of the day.(Since gods and mortals understand concepts in very different way, and their desire is thus not the same.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-03-2022 at 11:59 PM.

I'd like to see them fleshed out a bit more. So I'd definitely read that.

Extraordinary Member

Also how does everyone want Darkhold Omega to turn out storywise?
    Some kind of resolution for the Chthon storyline or more buildup for future storyline? I kinda want later since this Darkhold invested very few actual pages to Wanda, Chthon, or the mythos as a whole. And it will be a rather disappointing wrap up if they went the former route IMO.(I don't mind some development for their relationship, like some shift in power dynamic and stuff.)