Page 415 of 456 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I honestly Agree Albert1981, the Feelings & Enthusiasm for the MCU might be at the lowest since 2013, especially after the D23 failure when they announced really nothing new or news headline making. The DeadPool/Wolverine stuff sounds cool and seeing them together was heavy good, but this should have been made news at D23 only 3 weeks ago & they could not get it together fast enough for then?! It’s just IMO shows whatever is going on at Marvel Studios they are indeed in their most shacky time they have ever been in in a longtime.

It is sad for sure, I am not saying they are out by a long shot, but they have taken a bunch of confidence hits, as one Tuber said they went form 10/10 enthusiastically most of time down to 7/10 as of now and it is trending in the wrong direction. I still like the MCU, but they need to calm down and re-focus themselves to figure out why they are in this slump.

Honestly though while I still like them, I will not go to the hill for them, they mess up they mess up. If they sink more that is on them. For me all my caring is to a select few things I am willing to go to the hill for, the major one being.

For Me it’s Nearly ALL about Wanda.

This means my care is her successful future mostly, what happens to the rest of the MCU I can care to various degrees, but they need time to prove themselves to get out of this Slump.

Wanda’s solo comic is right now the most major thing of hers to celebrate & is the Wanda we been waiting for to long, so we have much happiness there, ALLOT of it indeed!

As for MCU Wanda the good thing she is the Hottest desire for the MCU characters right now, the MCU is lacking major mega stars, so it makes sense to want to get Miss Olsen back in the loop again or just show they are hinting at it. I was sure Miss Olsen was burnt out by MoM right after, but it seemed after her rest she it enthusiastically wanting to seemingly come back, which she does not have to rush if she wants to do other projects, but that is indeed the best thing to hear she wants to come back more than anything.
    I think the actors/actresses are trying really hard and by and large are doing a good job in Phase Four. So I'm not disappointed with the performances. It's how Marvel Studios is rolling out its projects that baffles me. I heard rumors about a future Red Hulk appearance. Shouldn't Disney be more focused on the green one first? I'm just not that interested in watching new characters in the MCU for the simple fact that the older ones really haven't had their stories told yet. I like and am a fan of Wanda's, but in the last couple of years she's had a show and a movie. I thought her story in the MoM was REALLY stupid, but not as stupid as Stephen's. Give her character a break. Rhodey might not get his own thing for a couple of years, and Cheadle's been in the MCU a LOT longer than Olsen has been. He should get a movie sooner.

I think the Deadpool/Wolverine thing might give the MCU a shot in the arm, but I find it extremely ironic that Marvel Studios is now relying on old FOX/NETFLIX/SONY characters more than ever. That tells me they've absolutely failed to introduce their new ones properly in Phase Four. I'm even seriously considering skipping Echo, Agatha and Wonder Man altogether. I've already lost interest in Blade. I pretty much gave up on the Young Avengers. I don't even wanna watch Loki 2 (or should I say, the TVA: Featuring Loki Part Deux) and he's one of my favorite characters in the MCU! I know they're just gonna talk a lot of useless nonsense about "variants" and "timelines".

Man, even up to THIS year, I used to be the BIGGEST MCU fanboy out there. Now I'm just bored, frustrated and restless watching these movies and shows. I even have to say my HUGE enthusiasm for MCU Wanda took a BIG hit after Strange 2. I thought she was a total clown in that film. I'm not on social media, but I imagine interest in Marvel MUST be trending downwards there. They just probably have Wanda stans, Daredevil stans and Deadpool stans trashing each other over who's the most popular. Part of me actually sort of hopes that Wanda dips out of the MCU in the not-too-distant future. Because I don't like where the MCU is headed and I don't think Marvel Studios is learning from its Phase Four mistakes.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-07-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think the actors/actresses are trying really hard and by and large are doing a good job in Phase Four. So I'm not disappointed with the performances. It's how Marvel Studios is rolling out its projects that baffles me. I heard rumors about a future Red Hulk appearance. Shouldn't Disney be more focused on the green one first? I'm just not that interested in watching new characters in the MCU for the simple fact that the older ones really haven't had their stories told. I like and am a fan of Wanda's, but in the last couple of years she's had a show and a movie. I thought her story in the MoM was REALLY stupid, but not as stupid as Stephen's. Give her character a break. Rhodey might not get his own thing for a couple of years, and Cheadle's been in the MCU a LOT longer than Olsen has been.

I think the Deadpool/Wolverine might give the MCU a shot in the arm, but I find it extremely ironic that Marvel Studios is now relying on old FOX/NETFLIX/SONY characters more than ever. That tells me they've absolutely failed to introduce their new ones properly in Phase Four. I'm even seriously considering skipping Echo, Agatha and Wonder Man altogether. I've already lost interest in Blade. I pretty much gave up on the Young Avengers. I don't even wanna watch Loki 2 (or should I say, the TVA: Featuring Loki Part Deux) and he's one of my favorite characters in the MCU! I know they're just gonna talk a lot of useless nonsense about "variants" and "timelines".

Man, even up to THIS year, I used to be the BIGGEST MCU fanboy out there. Now I'm just bored, frustrated and restless watching these movies and shows. I even have to say my HUGE enthusiasm for MCU Wanda took a BIG hit after Strange 2. I thought she was a total clown in that film. I'm not on social media, but I imagine interest in Marvel MUST be trending downwards there. They just probably have Wanda stans, Daredevil stans and Deadpool stans trashing each other over who's the most popular. Part of me actually sort of hopes that Wanda dips out of the MCU in the not-too-distant future. Because I don't like where the MCU is headed and I don't think Marvel Studios is learning from its Phase Four mistakes.
    Yeah, you've been right so far about the MCU's downturn. And with them hiring Waldron of all people for Secret Wars, it's a huge yikes. I'd feel more comfortable if that man had admitted to some of his biggest mistakes, but he was all excuses.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, you've been right so far about the MCU's downturn. And with them hiring Waldron of all people for Secret Wars, it's a huge yikes. I'd feel more comfortable if that man had admitted to some of his biggest mistakes, but he was all excuses.
    I believe the word you're trying to use to describe me is "genius".

I kinda think that Cumberbatch and Olsen would be extremely hesitant to work with the MoM's creators ever again. I definitely liked Thor 4 more than Strange 2, but I believe Waititi and Hemsworth have done all they can with Thor at this point. His supporting cast is non-existent right now. I feel it would be good to retire him soon.

I just think the MCU is expanding WAY too quickly at the moment. I haven't even watched She-Hulk episode 8 yet, and I just found out the Werewolf by Night special came out today?! That's the DEFINITION of oversaturation in my opinion. And I imagine fifty minutes will not be NEARLY enough to do justice to the MAIN character of that series, let alone his supporting cast (it looks like there's a lot of characters in that one too).

I don't hate Waldron, but I just didn't enjoy Loki and the MoM. I liked EEAAO WAY more than Marvel's multiverse stories, but it wasn't really my thing either. Maybe it's because I REALLY don't like comic book multiverse/time travel stories. I find they're VERY confusing and hard to understand. So I'm not sure if I dislike Waldron's stuff or the stuff he (and his team) were writing about. I know you don't like the NFL, Maury or true crime documentaries. But they have a HUGE advantage over the MCU at this point. At least those things have clear beginnings, middles and ends in them. We know what the final scores are. We know who the baby daddy is (or isn't). We know how a crime was solved (or not). The MCU and its comic book counterparts don't really adopt that approach and I really wish the movies/shows would. I think it's NOT a coincidence that Logan, Daredevil Season 3, the Dark Knight trilogy, Endgame and NWH are really popular (I've only seen the latter three). Because they had definitive endings. Fans just respond positively to well-concluded stories. I know I do.

I understand Secret Wars is a huge multiversal story. I guess Wanda can be expected to appear there? I actually DON'T understand why Marvel Studios execs are so obsessed with multiverses right now. I find this whole time travel/multiverse focus could be alienating the MCU's "casual" fanbase. And I imagine it might be alienating its hardcore fanbase as well. I'm just bummed that Loki, Strange and Wanda have been sucked into this nonsense.

I believe the word you're trying to use to describe me is "genius".

I kinda think that Cumberbatch and Olsen would be extremely hesitant to work with the MoM's creators ever again. I definitely liked Thor 4 more than Strange 2, but I believe Waititi and Hemsworth have done all they can with Thor at this point. His supporting cast is non-existent right now. I feel it would be good to retire him soon.

I just think the MCU is expanding WAY too quickly at the moment. I haven't even watched She-Hulk episode 8 yet, and I just found out the Werewolf by Night special came out today?! That's the DEFINITION of oversaturation in my opinion. And I imagine fifty minutes will not be NEARLY enough to do justice to the MAIN character of that series, let alone his supporting cast (it looks like there's a lot of characters in that one too).

I don't hate Waldron, but I just didn't enjoy Loki and the MoM. I liked EEAAO WAY more than Marvel's multiverse stories, but it wasn't really my thing either. Maybe it's because I REALLY don't like comic book multiverse/time travel stories. I find they're VERY confusing and hard to understand. So I'm not sure if I dislike Waldron's stuff or the stuff he (and his team) were writing about. I know you don't like the NFL, Maury or true crime documentaries. But they have a HUGE advantage over the MCU at this point. At least those things have clear beginnings, middles and ends in them. We know what the final scores are. We know who the baby daddy is (or isn't). We know how a crime was solved (or not). The MCU and its comic book counterparts don't really adopt that approach and I really wish the movies/shows would. I think it's NOT a coincidence that Logan, Daredevil Season 3, the Dark Knight trilogy, Endgame and NWH are really popular (I've only seen the latter three). Because they had definitive endings. Fans just respond positively to well-concluded stories. I know I do.

I understand Secret Wars is a huge multiversal story. I guess Wanda can be expected to appear there? I actually DON'T understand why Marvel Studios execs are so obsessed with multiverses right now. I find this whole time travel/multiverse focus could be alienating the MCU's "casual" fanbase. And I imagine it might be alienating its hardcore fanbase as well. I'm just bummed that Loki, Strange and Wanda have been sucked into this nonsense.
    We can only hope they get a grip on things at some point. There are things I still like here and there, it just overall feels aimless and decompressed.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We can only hope they get a grip on things at some point. There are things I still like here and there, it just overall feels aimless and decompressed.
    I actually enjoyed Ms. Marvel WAY more than I thought I would. I almost skipped it because I was so underwhelmed by Black Widow, Loki, the Eternals, Hawkeye, and Moon Knight. I mean, the series definitely had its problems, but for somebody who had no idea who Kamala Khan actually was, I definitely felt that show was steeped in Ms. Marvel lore. I also liked the South Asian stuff (enjoyed seeing the rickshaws and the depiction of the end of the British Raj). And the supporting characters felt pretty likeable to me. I even read the "incels" didn't seem to mind Ms. Marvel that much either. LOL. I don't really share those same feelings about how other female characters have been portrayed in the MCU. Wanda and Jen didn't really act like superheroes at all in the MoM and She-Hulk. Wanda was just plain evil and Jen a bit too narcissistic for my tastes. But at least the She-Hulk show will likely give Jen a heroic moment (unlike Wanda) and she's becoming more likeable as time goes on. I think some of the criticism of the MCU is absolutely overblown. Some of the folks criticizing She-Hulk are more than happy to praise My Son Hunter as a cinematic masterpiece (so I don't take their opinions all that seriously).

Lately, I haven't been consuming as much superhero content lately. I actually got a little bit more interested in Romani history (thanks, ironically, to WandaVision). I didn't even think of Wanda when I visited Paris almost a decade ago. I think Paris should be declared as the unofficial "capital" of the Romani people. There are a LOT of them living there. I even found a fascinating YouTube video describing the Romani attempt to create their own nation earlier last century. Like the Romani version of Zionism:

Man, people sure hated the Romani in Eastern Europe didn't they? I found it interesting that Romani leaders often looked to Egypt as their place of origin. And that so many of them enthusiastically embraced fascism in the 1930s (but to be fair, fascism WAS extremely popular throughout the world in the 1930s).

I actually enjoyed Ms. Marvel WAY more than I thought I would. I almost skipped it because I was so underwhelmed by Black Widow, Loki, the Eternals, Hawkeye, and Moon Knight. I mean, the series definitely had its problems, but for somebody who had no idea who Kamala Khan actually was, I definitely felt that show was steeped in Ms. Marvel lore. I also liked the South Asian stuff (enjoyed seeing the rickshaws and the depiction of the end of the British Raj). And the supporting characters felt pretty likeable to me. I even read the "incels" didn't seem to mind Ms. Marvel that much either. LOL. I don't really share those same feelings about how other female characters have been portrayed in the MCU. Wanda and Jen didn't really act like superheroes at all in the MoM and She-Hulk. Wanda was just plain evil and Jen a bit too narcissistic for my tastes. But at least the She-Hulk show will likely give Jen a heroic moment (unlike Wanda) and she's becoming more likeable as time goes on. I think some of the criticism of the MCU is absolutely overblown. Some of the folks criticizing She-Hulk are more than happy to praise My Son Hunter as a cinematic masterpiece (so I don't take their opinions all that seriously).

Lately, I haven't been consuming as much superhero content lately. I actually got a little bit more interested in Romani history (thanks, ironically, to WandaVision). I didn't even think of Wanda when I visited Paris almost a decade ago. I think Paris should be declared as the unofficial "capital" of the Romani people. There are a LOT of them living there. I even found a fascinating YouTube video describing the Romani attempt to create their own nation earlier last century. Like the Romani version of Zionism:

Man, people sure hated the Romani in Eastern Europe didn't they? I found it interesting that Romani leaders often looked to Egypt as their place of origin. And that so many of them enthusiastically embraced fascism in the 1930s (but to be fair, fascism WAS extremely popular throughout the world in the 1930s).
    That video doesn't smack true to me. From what I've always been told by family that it was outsiders that considered Romani to be from Egypt. We had no idea where the lineage stemmed from until history and DNA pieced things together. But their was always the feeling of their being a South Asian link because of much of Romanes being from Sanskrit.

As far as the fascism thing. We were victims of fascism so I find it hard to believe many embraced it willingly and freely. There was a lot of forced conversion in Europe. So be careful what sources you believe.

I'll get through the rest of the vid later. After some sleep. There are accurate Romani history links that I can gather for you too. I can PM you those later if you want.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-08-2022 at 01:54 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation NYCC Scarlet Witch Comic News!!!

NEWS & Panels of Our NEW Scarlet Witch 2023 Solo Strait from NYCC 2022!!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I love everything about this!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yes yes to all of that

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I need some high res images so I can get some new avatars.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 10-08-2022 at 01:20 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Bringing over a decidedly Scarlet tangent from the Julia Carpenter thread...

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think that's what they were going for. Are Abnett and Lanning to blame for that horrible Scarlet Witch outfit? It debuted in her mini-series and was finally (and thankfully) discarded during The Crossing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would have to check that out, but I do recall a (somewhat cleaner) version of that outfit being used for her appearances (alongside Julia) in the first season of the 90s Iron Man cartoon.
    Yup. Julia was alongside Wanda in the supporting cast of the IRON MAN cartoon. They might even have been called "Force Works"

And my recollection of the progression of that version of Wanda's battle dress was that it was introduced in the SCARLET WITCH miniseries which occurred during the end days of the AVENGERS WEST COAST series, which transitioned to FORCE WORKS, where she indeed wore the dress until returning to the official AVENGERS fold with THE CROSSING. So since the WITCH mini was written by Abnett/Lanning, as was WORKS, but there is no continuity of visual artist, it's likely from their direction for a new look...or someone editorially higher up.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I kinda think that Cumberbatch and Olsen would be extremely hesitant to work with the MoM's creators ever again.
    Have Elizabeth Olsen and B. Cumberbatch said something publicly about having a had experience with "Multiverse of Madness" or not liking how the movie turned out?
    I haven't seen anything but standard press junket-y stuff from them post-release, and the fact that Olsen was delayed in watching the movie when it was released.../
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

NEWS & Panels of Our NEW Scarlet Witch 2023 Solo Strait from NYCC 2022!!!!

I like that Wanda seems to actually be utilizing her magic hair for spells
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Does anyone knows who's the blue skinned character she's confronting there?