Page 434 of 456 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, anyone getting the feeling from that Polygon article that they are low-key trying to push the idea that Wanda is somehow Viv's mom due to the whole Virginia brain pattern thing? That's the vibe I'm getting from what they say about Viv there. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Wanda being a motherly figure for Viv is not a bad thing, but I don't like the idea that it needs to happen because Wanda and Virginia are ''related''. It kinda reminds me of the toxicity behind Wanda's relationship with Simon and how he felt entitled to her affection.
    Probably just adopting her, maybe not officially but just a support sort of role. I don't think it's the same as Simon. Simon purposely did not contribute to Vision's restoration just because he wanted to get with Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Probably just adopting her, maybe not officially but just a support sort of role. I don't think it's the same as Simon. Simon purposely did not contribute to Vision's restoration just because he wanted to get with Wanda.
    I'm totally fine with an adoption storyline, or just Wanda being like a godmother to Viv. It just concerns me when people bring up the brain pattern thing, because that shouldn't be relevant. I hope the book doesn't try to push the narrative that Wanda ''owes'' Vision a mother role within his new family because he used her brain patterns without her consent to create a mother that's not around anymore. I hope it's more nuanced than that and doesn't feel like diminishing her agency. I don't want her to be treated like an extension of Virginia. That's what I meant with the Simon comparison.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-15-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Which I thought had interesting implications in that Vision would get to forge his own personality, and not be 'an imprint' of another person, and sort of get to find his own voice, but I don't recall that aspect really getting the treatment it deserved.

I kind of liked Simon's selfish reasons, as well. Crappy and all-too human and felt true to the character, I thought. The willingness to give some of their characters feet of clay and moments to not be proud of, is neat, so long as it isn't totally trashing the character and making them inexplicably toxic for plot reasons (No More Mutants!).

Apparently Aubrey Plaza is playing a villain in Agatha: Coven of Chaos. Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I hope they give her an interesting/creepy character to play.

Extraordinary Member

So, anyone getting the feeling from that Polygon article that they are low-key trying to push the idea that Wanda is somehow Viv's mom due to the whole Virginia brain pattern thing? That's the vibe I'm getting from what they say about Viv there. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Wanda being a motherly figure for Viv is not a bad thing, but I don't like the idea that it needs to happen because Wanda and Virginia are ''related''. It kinda reminds me of the toxicity behind Wanda's relationship with Simon and how he felt entitled to her affection.
    Viv is technically "part Wanda" brainwave wise, Vision used the same approach Ultron intended to do with pattern mixing.
    At most Wanda count as Viv's aunt by the tradition of the Ultron family.
    All those are none-factor in the end though since Wanda did not raise Viv.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Viv is technically "part Wanda" brainwave wise, Vision used the same approach Ultron intended to do with pattern mixing.
    So Viv Vision, Tommy Shepard and Billy Kaplan are all quasi-step-sibs?

What a funky family.

Family barbecues must be weird, "Oh, and this is Grim Reaper. He's, uh, I don't even know... And Aunt Jocasta. She's not really my aunt, 'cause, you know, we're robots, but since Ultron is kinda/sorta my grandpa..."

I don't know. A lot of them are still high from bitcoin farming. It depends on what sales go on around Black Friday through Cyber Monday. If you find any decent ones around that budget, let me know.
    You are in the US, right? If so things get hard for me to check since I'm living in Europe so different continent and currency for me.

But here is an example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/255829062692?...qVhkcdRVK&var=

It's $285 for the direct buy option.
    You probably can find many more like that. I only brought up the 1080 Ti because it's my own card so know what it can do and and it was on Titan level back when it was released. That was still over 5 years ago now though so there are more modern cards with comparable performance available now.

That being said if you want to continue with this we should probably do it per PM unless of course more people in here are interested in upgrading their PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Apparently Aubrey Plaza is playing a villain in Agatha: Coven of Chaos. Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I hope they give her an interesting/creepy character to play.
    I'm a big fan of the theory that she is playing Agatha's daughter. It would work well with what we know of her and bring her in conflict with her own past and actions like killing her own coven and mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So Viv Vision, Tommy Shepard and Billy Kaplan are all quasi-step-sibs?

What a funky family.

Family barbecues must be weird, "Oh, and this is Grim Reaper. He's, uh, I don't even know... And Aunt Jocasta. She's not really my aunt, 'cause, you know, we're robots, but since Ultron is kinda/sorta my grandpa..."
    Well can't be any more awkward then Uranos/Thanos/Eros/etc. family dinners. Favorite topic? Genocide.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would agree, but the article specifically uses the term ''daughter'' to refer to Viv in relation to Wanda's family, so that's why I pointed that out. For some reason, it doesn't seem like Wanda is seen as Virginia's ''sister'' in their eyes in the same way Vision was seen as Simon's ''brother''. Go figure...

I would agree, but the article specifically uses the term ''daughter'' to refer to Viv in relation to Wanda's family, so that's why I pointed that out. For some reason, it doesn't seem like Wanda is seen as Virginia's ''sister'' in their eyes in the same way Vision was seen as Simon's ''brother''. Go figure...
    That's mostly because of physical appearance. Viv is quite evidently a kid while Wanda is not. Simon and Vision are both clearly adult. It's just like there is a case that Laura is the sister of Logan but that's quite awkward so the obvious and fitting father-daughter relationship was chosen.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

I don't have strong opinions about it, but the precedent is that in Steve Englehart's West Coast Avengers/Vision & the Scarlet Witch series from the '80s, Simon and Vision began to consider themselves "brothers" because Vision's brain was based on Simon's. Englehart even had Simon's mother accept Vision as a son, which I think is going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well can't be any more awkward then Uranos/Thanos/Eros/etc. family dinners. Favorite topic? Genocide.
    The all-time winner for f'ed up family trees are the Summers clan:

The Complete Summers Family Tree

That's mostly because of physical appearance. Viv is quite evidently a kid while Wanda is not. Simon and Vision are both clearly adult. It's just like there is a case that Laura is the sister of Logan but that's quite awkward so the obvious and fitting father-daughter relationship was chosen.
    I meant Wanda and Virginia as sisters, not Wanda and Viv. Virginia was an adult woman whose existence was based on the brain patterns of Wanda, but instead of the classic ''siblings'' approach that was used with Simon/Vision, the article implies the Wanda/Virginia connection somehow makes Viv Wanda's ''daughter'' instead of ''niece''.

Extraordinary Member

I meant Wanda and Virginia as sisters, not Wanda and Viv. Virginia was an adult woman whose existence was based on the brain patterns of Wanda, but instead of the classic ''siblings'' approach that was used with Simon/Vision, the article implies the Wanda/Virginia connection somehow makes Viv Wanda's ''daughter'' instead of ''niece''.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Well, if Virginia was still alive then Wanda would be the "aunt," but it's not uncommon for an aunt to become a mother figure when the mother isn't around.

I don't know if that's how they'll play it, but that's how I would justify it in my mind.
    Last edited by gurkle; 11-16-2022 at 11:46 AM.

You are in the US, right? If so things get hard for me to check since I'm living in Europe so different continent and currency for me.

But here is an example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/255829062692?...qVhkcdRVK&var=

It's $285 for the direct buy option.
    You probably can find many more like that. I only brought up the 1080 Ti because it's my own card so know what it can do and and it was on Titan level back when it was released. That was still over 5 years ago now though so there are more modern cards with comparable performance available now.

That being said if you want to continue with this we should probably do it per PM unless of course more people in here are interested in upgrading their PC.

I'm a big fan of the theory that she is playing Agatha's daughter. It would work well with what we know of her and bring her in conflict with her own past and actions like killing her own coven and mother.

I'll look around with holiday sales. Probably decide what to do then. Either way I'll be playing the game. It's just a matter of how.

Btw, here is a new screenshot of the game:

They are currently streaming https://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda hug .
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. Well, if Virginia was still alive then Wanda would be the "aunt," but it's not uncommon for an aunt to become a mother figure when the mother isn't around.

I don't know if that's how they'll play it, but that's how I would justify it in my mind.
    Now it's starting to sound kind of messed up...