Page 44 of 456 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/sekaiarts/status...993826816?s=21
    I know this kinda feeds into the evil Wanda thing, but if this was form she took on in the movie to fight with Strange or in a solo comic I’d like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Bendis wasn't the one to give her reality warping either. That happened before that, during Busiek's stuff.
    Byrne's.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

I never liked the chance of her powers backfiring thing. It made more sense when she was a novice, but some writers still include it despite her having honed her powers in training. And it just reduces any progression for the character.

Chaos magic to me isn't difficult to understand. It's just the umbrella for everything she was able to do before. Her hexes are still there. Hex orbs, energy projections, reality warping, etc. It's just writers need to remember her taking up traditional magic to control her powers. Bendis wasn't the one to give her reality warping either. That happened before that, during Busiek's stuff. He had the limit that she had to be tapping into something. Where Bendis just had her go out of control. Then Marvel corrected it later as her tapping into the Life Force.
    Her powers should never backfire as they affected probability in her favour. It should have been that she didn't know the exact outcome. So, if say a crook was driving away, her hex could cause the car to break down, make a hole in the ground appear, the car gets a flat tyre or battery, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Her powers should never backfire as they affected probability in her favour. It should have been that she didn't know the exact outcome. So, if say a crook was driving away, her hex could cause the car to break down, make a hole in the ground appear, the car gets a flat tyre or battery, etc.
    That's kind of the same thing though. Because either way it had an unpredictable outcome. I just like it being past that point. And her having gotten better control.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That's kind of the same thing though. Because either way it had an unpredictable outcome. I just like it being past that point. And her having gotten better control.
    Of course, she would get better control and have some affect on the outcome, but what I'm saying is that while the outcome maybe unpredictable, it wouldn't backfire.. What I really hated especially in the early days was Wanda's Hexes also had a habit of injuring or affect her allies negatively, which if it suppose to be in her favour shouldn't happen. In my car example, if Pietro was also chasing after the car, the outcome wouldn't end up affecting Pietro but aiding him.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Of course, she would get better control and have some affect on the outcome, but what I'm saying is that while the outcome maybe unpredictable, it wouldn't backfire.. What I really hated especially in the early days was Wanda's Hexes also had a habit of injuring or affect her allies negatively, which if it suppose to be in her favour shouldn't happen. In my car example, if Pietro was also chasing after the car, the outcome wouldn't end up affecting Pietro but aiding him.
    Yeah I get that. Having them be buffs instead of debuffs. It's just that it didn't annoy me then. It does more-so now because of her experience. And I guess if I wanted to put more video game like references to it, I would say I don't like RNG at all. It's never been my friend, lol.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-28-2022 at 02:56 AM.

Reading online, some still say there is a 20% unreliability to Wanda's powers. Is that (still) true?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://twitter.com/sekaiarts/status...993826816?s=21
    I know this kinda feeds into the evil Wanda thing, but if this was form she took on in the movie to fight with Strange or in a solo comic I’d like it.
    Great art, but I prefer the hair a bit longer for more shall we say dark witchy poses.

X-Men Dark Age: The Trinity- Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Reading online, some still say there is a 20% unreliability to Wanda's powers. Is that (still) true?
    No, not really. Occasionally probability is brought up. But like I posted before, they had Wanda get better control over her powers with traditional magic. So the reliability factor is severely outdated.

No, not really. Occasionally probability is brought up. But like I posted before, they had Wanda get better control over her powers with traditional magic. So the reliability factor is severely outdated.
    OK, thanks. It can get confusing with Wanda's powers.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Great art, but I prefer the hair a bit longer for more shall we say dark witchy poses.

X-Men Dark Age: The Trinity- Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Polaris
    I'm not sure who in that art is supposed to be Wanda, because it's such a depature. But I prefer Wanda with big wavy, sometimes curly hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    OK, thanks. It can get confusing with Wanda's powers.
    Its hard to keep up cause when she's used well in the few occasions the avengers side use her, she's confident and has experience like in her solo book in 2016, avengers no road home and even darkhold alpha/omega but then you have stories like that bad empyre mini in which they put wanda in her old costume and made her do that stupid spell in genosha lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Its hard to keep up cause when she's used well in the few occasions the avengers side use her, she's confident and has experience like in her solo book in 2016, avengers no road home and even darkhold alpha/omega but then you have stories like that bad empyre mini in which they put wanda in her old costume and made her do that stupid spell in genosha lol
    Yeah, bad writing can really screw up a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah, for sure! It can throw off fans, even those who know the character well. It seems like the writer do not understand what the characters can do, lol.

Still not a word from wanda's book or something featuring her, her not being in a team kinda makes me sad cause even thought events tend to be bad, she's losing those opportunities to intereact with other characters or even her own teammates, like in the new Avengers/eternals/x-men event that is coming...