Page 45 of 456 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Still not a word from wanda's book or something featuring her, her not being in a team kinda makes me sad cause even thought events tend to be bad, she's losing those opportunities to intereact with other characters or even her own teammates, like in the new Avengers/eternals/x-men event that is coming...
    I think at this point we're all just numb to the fact that the comics don't want to let Wanda interact with other characters on a regular basis, and we don't know why. There's never only one reason, but I've given up hoping for it to change. Even if she gets another comic I don't expect to see her be friends with, say, Carol, ever again, until a new generation of writers takes over.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-28-2022 at 05:39 PM.

One thing i didn't like about her 2016 solo is that she didn't interact with anyone other than agatha and pietro in one issue, maybe have her fight old foes like morgan le fay or enchantress, chthon was norwhere to be found as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Great art, but I prefer the hair a bit longer for more shall we say dark witchy poses.

X-Men Dark Age: The Trinity- Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Polaris
    The art is not bad but the style choice makes Wanda kinda unrecognizable, it would be the same for Mag and Lorna if not for their unnatural colored hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    One thing i didn't like about her 2016 solo is that she didn't interact with anyone other than agatha and pietro in one issue, maybe have her fight old foes like morgan le fay or enchantress, chthon was norwhere to be found as well.
    Yeah, it would have been nice to see some more interaction, but it was also nice to have Wanda have her own moment in the spotlight. Especially as she is usually defined by her relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The art is not bad but the style choice makes Wanda kinda unrecognizable, it would be the same for Mag and Lorna if not for their unnatural colored hair.
    It is a very Japanese influenced style that is increasingly popular amongst the young in the US.

Being able to cleanly separate characters in black and white is easier with American and European influenced art. On that note the art was one of the select graces of Trial of Magneto. They released the (mostly) black and white version.

I don't know, I've seen plenty of anime and manga related stuff where people had different hair types, so it's probably that particular artist's style.

But ToM had some great art. And I love Wanda's new logo. It'd be nice to see it used on a solo book and merch. Paging Marvel.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It is a very Japanese influenced style that is increasingly popular amongst the young in the US.

Being able to cleanly separate characters in black and white is easier with American and European influenced art. On that note the art was one of the select graces of Trial of Magneto. They released the (mostly) black and white version.

More like "shonen influenced" I would say, like Western comics, Japanese manga art style is not a monolith.

Ultimate Member

Wanda's figure (well the one with Dr Strange two pack) from the upcoming movie is in stores now.
    https://www.target.com/p/marvel-aven...23fa34f95da1f8

I'm sad that it's at Target, because they are bad at getting things actually delivered. They put things immediately on backorder, delay, then cancel the order.

They did both dirty in those

Hi, what's the current release date for Darkhold TPB? Are they planning anything more than a TPB at the moment?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm sad that it's at Target, because they are bad at getting things actually delivered. They put things immediately on backorder, delay, then cancel the order.
    I have had that issue with Power Rangers Lighting figures. Had to cancel and reorder.

I won't bring up the battles to get Marvel Rising Patriot. The moment he was in stock you had 10 seconds to order it before he went out of stock. Only way you could get him was via Target app.

If you check Wal-Mart-you might see those figures. I saw them today along with America Chavez, Sleepwalker and other figures from that Dr Strange movie.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I have had that issue with Power Rangers Lighting figures. Had to cancel and reorder.

I won't bring up the battles to get Marvel Rising Patriot. The moment he was in stock you had 10 seconds to order it before he went out of stock. Only way you could get him was via Target app.

If you check Wal-Mart-you might see those figures. I saw them today along with America Chavez, Sleepwalker and other figures from that Dr Strange movie.
    Yeah I'll have to order from somewhere else. Target gets exclusives sadly though. Like the comics series funko pop that was supposed to be in by now.

I had to cancel all other non-exclusives and order them through Amazon. They got here next day. Not sure what Target's issue is. But it's every order with them and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Hi, what's the current release date for Darkhold TPB? Are they planning anything more than a TPB at the moment?
    Amazon has the release date set for March 1st. https://www.amazon.com/Darkhold-Marv...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Strange 2 synopsis from Disney/Marvel press release via The Direct via Comicbook.com: "In Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the MCU unlocks the Multiverse and pushes its boundaries further than ever before. Journey into the unknown with Doctor Strange, who, with the help of mystical allies both old and new, traverses the mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities of the Multiverse to confront a mysterious new adversary."