Page 47 of 456 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Wanda is getting a story in the Women Of Marvel oneshot.
    "A story of magic and hope starring Scarlet Witch by the wildly popular creator Mirka Andolfo, making her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside artist Sumeyye Kesgin"

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-female-heroes

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't agree, though I understand why others might not want to see her in a bad story, for me it's better than no story at all (again), which is what we're looking at for at least another few months.
    I wish she was there as well, better than nothing...

I don't agree, though I understand why others might not want to see her in a bad story, for me it's better than no story at all (again), which is what we're looking at for at least another few months.
    I will always take quality over quantity especially when it comes to Wanda appearing in events
    Last edited by leokearon; 02-01-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I would take something if it's not detrimental to her own character. She can just be there and look nice under a good artist and nothing is lost I think.

Extraordinary Member

My own feeling is nothing is worse than being out of comics.

After "House of M" Pietro was in comics and Wanda wasn't. Pietro was portrayed very negatively for a while but eventually he was redeemed and joined two different Avengers teams, all of this while Wanda wasn't allowed to appear in a single comic.

Even being in a bad event would give her more chances to interact with her friends and rebuild relationships than not being in anything. But it looks like all we're getting for now is a short story in a "Women of Marvel" comic, and I'm even grateful for that, because before 2021 she always got left out of "Women of Marvel" pushes.

Extraordinary Member

After "House of M" Pietro was in comics and Wanda wasn't. Pietro was portrayed very negatively for a while but eventually he was redeemed and joined two different Avengers teams, all of this while Wanda wasn't allowed to appear in a single comic.

Even being in a bad event would give her more chances to interact with her friends and rebuild relationships than not being in anything. But it looks like all we're getting for now is a short story in a "Women of Marvel" comic, and I'm even grateful for that, because before 2021 she always got left out of "Women of Marvel" pushes.
    Unless it's House of M level of butchering for her specifically. Otherwise I would take an average story.

Her in more bad stories doesn't really do anything for her though. I'd rather it be good stories. It shouldn't be trash or nothing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

There's a reason he was given chances and not blamed for pushing her to create HoM and she was. And it doesn't have anything to do with exposure. They had plans to write him. They had no plans to write her. That would not change no matter what she was in because it was mandated. She was thrown away for future stories for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanda is getting a story in the Women Of Marvel oneshot.
    "A story of magic and hope starring Scarlet Witch by the wildly popular creator Mirka Andolfo, making her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside artist Sumeyye Kesgin"

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-female-heroes
    I know I shouldn’t, yet I just can’t help but hope this leads into a series announcement for Wanda and also see if a new writer sticks to proper characterization for Wanda.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Marvel are using TOM to promote Marvel Unlimited

Wanda cameo in Tech On Avengers #6. She appears when the heroes' lost powers are restored.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well other media at least has something

They just need to make Wanda playable now. She's one of the most requested characters on their social media pages.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They just need to make Wanda playable now. She's one of the most requested characters on their social media pages.
    I feel like they don’t know how much of a power set to give her since Wanda’s power is so versatile, but even that is a terrible excuse. It could be that they are waiting for more promotions of MoM to come out so as to make her a playable character.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

When Magik released Im sure I read that one of the reasons she was chosen was because she provides unique possibilities in terms of gameplay.

Unless they go with something out of the left field Wanda will probably play similarly to Strange or Storm.

We will just have to see if they want to stick with that design philosophy because obviously there is a ton of overlap between all the Marvel Heroes when looking at it from that perspective and it will end up very limiting.

In Future Fight they basically don't care about that anymore.