Page 55 of 456 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They updated the Scarlet Witch and Vision book out next month with some of their planned Wanda compilation stories.

The MCU has been inadvertently and at times directly dictating Wanda's future for quite awhile. Its meant a lot of small appearances and low development minis because any comic writer who has her knows their plans with are beholden to film writers elsewhere and their own plans can be changed on a dime.

My post acknowledged she synergy rational for maintaining the retcon, but it also presumes any synergy rational will start to dissolve after the MCU plays its current hand with Wanda (which might be a couple years or maybe up to 6-7 years).

Ironically the synergy rational itself has been a flop due to the comics not having new stuff that follows the new MCU approved party line ready for prime time when things like Wandavision came out so the watchers of Wandavision flocked to read stories where she was related to Magneto.
    I mean, the stories where she was related to Magneto don't actively use it as a plot point for the most part.
    There is not significant narrative shift of Magneto's involvement in Wanda's story pre or post AXIS retcon.

The point is, it doesn't matter either way. Wanda's state is not significant affected by her approximaty to the Magnus family.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-12-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It’s not a lack of resources of Wanda’s character, but the fact that writers/editors don’t utilize what they already have about Wanda’s character. She is a nexus being of mystical energy, yet that is never brought up again until recently with Orlando mentioning the life force. Even with that it’s not given any greater detail or expounded upon. The Emerald Warlock is supposed to be her nemesis yet he hasn’t been seen again in years. Forgive me for I’m not saying it’s not an internal problem of Wanda’s character, yet apart from die hard fans what do casual readers/potential fans know about her besides power level or who she is related to. Give her an individual role that can be constantly utilized, but doesn’t have to be constantly stated through her words. She has the pieces to make a great story, yet nobody seems to want to use them or try to look into them. HoM did do damage yet they already had the pieces to change or move away from it. Marvel just tries to subtly brush aside what they already have about her. Though your right with the jest of her actually getting written in comics is largely up to Marvel.
    Not having appearances what so ever is the very definition of lacking resources.
    By resources I mean editorial favor and writing talent from creator, not her established assets/content as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda does have her own thing, but when it’s never brought up again can readers really say she has this. Yeah people can re-read past issues with Wanda in them and see she had this at a certain point, yet if it’s never brought up again even in a subtle way it shows writers/editors treat it as on off chance or pretend it didn’t happen. What I’m trying to say is if Wanda has these things that define her outside of relationships, but they aren’t used again in telling her continuity are they really apart of her character and what she stands for? Every character Wanda has been affiliated with has something that stands for them. The constant thing Wanda has is she has Chaos Magic the was bestowed upon her by Chthon , can warp reality, and that she is considered Magneto’s daughter. Everyone knows she is apart of the Avengers yet they don’t use her so what is she really left with that defines her as a powerful individual continuously?
    I think it still comes down to lack of presence. Because without it, those things can become a constant. And for whatever isn't there, that's more fertile soil for a writer than something established and set in stone. I know it's not known to be common in 2022 big two comics, but writers can still create. Even for established characters.

They just need to put her in more things.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-12-2022 at 02:20 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They updated the Scarlet Witch and Vision book out next month with some of their planned Wanda compilation stories.

The MCU has been inadvertently and at times directly dictating Wanda's future for quite awhile. Its meant a lot of small appearances and low development minis because any comic writer who has her knows their plans with are beholden to film writers elsewhere and their own plans can be changed on a dime.

My post acknowledged she synergy rational for maintaining the retcon, but it also presumes any synergy rational will start to dissolve after the MCU plays its current hand with Wanda (which might be a couple years or maybe up to 6-7 years).

Ironically the synergy rational itself has been a flop due to the comics not having new stuff that follows the new MCU approved party line ready for prime time when things like Wandavision came out so the watchers of Wandavision flocked to read stories where she was related to Magneto.
    People flocked to read every story Wanda was in. Everything of her's, including her most recent solo went back to print. Very few of that had Mags in it...

It's really most annoying when people try to attribute her popularity to Mags when it stems from the MCU. And there were a lot of viewers that never knew she was related to Mags, because they didn't know a lot about her.

Her time in the MCU made her popular. And there are only some odd thousands of people that read comics. There are billions that watch the movies.

Let her stand out on her own for once without this sexist false narrative pushing fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Those are awesome! I'm a little hesitant to pay that price for the wallet. Because some of Loungefly's stuff does wear fast and crack. I know most of the cost is the licensing though.

Starting to think that the only reason wanda didn't got the legend figure for multiverse of madness it's because it would be similar to her wandavision figure but just with sleeves, so she's only in the Titan Hero toys with strange.

No, she's in the second wave. They just haven't released details on that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No, she's in the second wave. They just haven't released details on that yet.
    She could be an exclusive. I'm not sure that there would be enough characters for second MOM wave.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    She could be an exclusive. I'm not sure that there would be enough characters for second MOM wave.
    No idea. They reported on it existing and we haven't heard anything else. But usually waves don't just have the figures from one thing in them. They usually include random characters as well.

No idea. They reported on it existing and we haven't heard anything else. But usually waves don't just have the figures from one thing in them. They usually include random characters as well.
    The random characters are generally the comic figures which try to have some connection but not always. So far the distrubtion listings for the rest of the year don't mention a second MOM wave. So more than likely she'll be an exclusive or in some multi pack

The random characters are generally the comic figures which try to have some connection but not always. So far the distrubtion listings for the rest of the year don't mention a second MOM wave. So more than likely she'll be an exclusive or in some multi pack
    This wave comes with D'Spayre and Sleepwalker. Shang Chi one had Mr. Hyde, Iron Man and Civil Warrior. The What If wave had Sylvie (who while D+ related wasn't What If related). Avengers Endgame had Beta Ray, Union Jack, Rock Python and Classic comic look Loki. Especially for the build-a-figure ones, they always have randoms. And there are filler waves.

This wave comes with D'Spayre and Sleepwalker. Shang Chi one had Mr. Hyde, Iron Man and Civil Warrior. The What If wave had Sylvie (who while D+ related wasn't What If related). Avengers Endgame had Beta Ray, Union Jack, Rock Python and Classic comic look Loki. Especially for the build-a-figure ones, they always have randoms. And there are filler waves.
    As I said the comic characters can be random but sometimes they aren't. Also it wasn't a What If wave it was the second D+, with a third one coming. Also there is no such thing as a filler wave.

As I said the comic characters can be random but sometimes they aren't. Also it wasn't a What If wave it was the second D+, with a third one coming. Also there is no such thing as a filler wave.
    What I mean by filler is there are waves that had no specific theme. It wasn't called filler. And the wave sure is listed as What If https://tinyurl.com/2p8ebaen

What I mean by filler is there are waves that had no specific theme. It wasn't called filler. And the wave sure is listed as What If https://tinyurl.com/2p8ebaen
    It was listed as Disney + Wave 2 and there is product listing for Disney+ wave 3 https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/marvel-l...tcher-baf.html again there is no filler wave as all waves have a theme be it Avengers, Spider-man, x-men, F4, Deadpool, Venom, Cosmic, Iron Man.