Page 85 of 456 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    I don't think this is the correct plot, this leak from late august was being discussed on reddit.

Spoilers for MoM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...m_source=share
    It's a variation of the one in August. This one was posted in December. The other had more weird stuff in it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Darkhold's knowledge is also not inherently evil.
    And I would prefer Wanda simply dealing with it herself since duh, she is of the same source. She should be that anti-anti-Christ that deals with this kind of issue than being most vulnerable to it.(That will be like making Blade insta-killable by any vampire bites and shit.)
    I mean there was just a comic book series about it. No mortal eye can read its content without succumbing to its influence. And Wanda isn't more vulnerable to it than any else. It's doesn't matter if you are Wanda, Doom, Spider-Man or Squirrel Girl. Reading the book will influence you. Period.

And the last scene of WandaVision clearly shows her reading the book and then hearing the voices of her kids. I mean introducing a demonic magic book and then doing nothing with that wouldn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The talk is about the Darkhold and not Chaos Magic. Those things have nothing to do with each other besides coming from the same source.
    Depending on the leak, spoilers:
    Chaos magic is a part of that talk. It's continuing what was in WandaVision with the talk of chaos magic in the negative, the Scarlet Witch in the negative. And chaos magic being infectious like some kind of contagion. Now all of that could be just how they word it in the leaks, but also it has some basis in how chaos magic and the Scarlet Witch moniker have been treated in the MCU so far. In comics both the book and chaos magic have a dark source, but the book didn't possess people on it's own. Usually Chthon did that. Usually the book would grant people what they wish at a price. It's had different variations though and at times people have gone mad from the book, but it was usually to do with Chthon's close proximity. I think they are removing Chthon from the equation in the MCU. So now you just have an evil book that possesses people, but it had more nuance than that. And when originally created was never meant to do any of that. Just be vaguely ominous. So they are changing things in the MCU it seems. Which isn't unusual for that universe.

But the question becomes then how it impacts Wanda. Because it takes things unique to her, makes them all negative and drives her evil. So then if all this happens, how does she continue as the Scarlet Witch or using her powers? Because both are linked directly in this universe as the link to destroying the universe. They'd have to do some heavy clean up. They sort of made that mistake in comics, only they declared that chaos magic never existed and Wanda was then just crazy. Then it was she was possessed and using the life force.

At least in this version she never learned to control her powers. It made less sense in comics for someone that had practiced traditional magic for over a decade and took on an apprentice. But if true (and I'm not saying for certain all of it is) it puts Wanda in an odd place in this universe. Being a character that started out on the wrong side of conflict, to an Avenger who created such catastrophe that it brought on the accords, to someone who saved the universe, to someone who enslaved people, to now maybe being possessed and going on a killing spree. At least in comics the times she was possessed or acted as an antagonist were the exception, not the rule. They don't have the decades of heroism to go, well now she's all better and back to normal. Her normal seems to be, being a villain or antagonist. It might be that they pulled a Superman with her.
    end of spoilers

I mean there was just a comic book series about it. No mortal eye can read its content without succumbing to its influence. And Wanda isn't more vulnerable to it than any else. It's doesn't matter if you are Wanda, Doom, Spider-Man or Squirrel Girl. Reading the book will influence you. Period.

And the last scene of WandaVision clearly shows her reading the book and then hearing the voices of her kids. I mean introducing a demonic magic book and then doing nothing with that wouldn't make much sense.
    In Darkhold Alpha and Omega the reason they became possessed was because of the link to Chthon spoilers:
    In DS2, he isn't mentioned at all. So it just becomes flat out the book possesses people, chaos magic is bad, the Scarlet Witch is bad. All this is linked to some legendary prophecy. And as much as I liked Darkhold, it removed a lot of the nuance of the book itself. It use to just grant people wishes at a cost. And was used to create monsters.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

It's just the most recent comic and argubly less nuanced and detailed depiction. The mythos surrounding Darkhold can be so much more in depth. Before there is Montesi family who can resist the effect.
    Also in Darkhood Omega, Wanda actually used Darkhold to defeat Chthon, you know? Not being easily corrupted by it? And Wanda pulled that off probably because she is an experienced magic user, as well as being of the same nature, just like a fish doesn't fear drowning. Wanda for the most part should not fear this trivial shit.
    Also evil book making people do evil shit is fucking boring.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-17-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I actually liked the Scarlet Witch prophecy, heck I predicted that shit.
    I think it would be great if it about the irony of prophecy, about her reshaping/re-contextualizing the words so she can claim the title as her own. But I guess Waldron is just below some classic fantasy writing and decide whatevever his three brain cells came up with are better.

You are jumping to conclusions here. A book cannot exist without an author. Someone or something must have written it and it obviously must be very powerful so just because that entity isn't directly mentioned doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I mean even most people in- universe have never heard of Cthon for obvious reasons. I mean the parallels between him and Cthulhu are kinda on the nose.

As has already been said MoM already is a big movie. It would make more sense to get behind the mystery of the Darkhold let alone explore Wandas relationship to all of this in a separate place. An Agatha series has already been announced and I would be surprised if it doesn't dive into this topic at all considering she has read it too.
    Last edited by Galerion; 02-17-2022 at 04:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

You are jumping to conclusions here. A book cannot exist without an author. Someone or something must have written it and it obviously must be very powerful so just because that entity isn't directly mentioned doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I mean even most people in- universe have never heard of Cthon for obvious reasons. I mean the parallels between him and Cthulhu are kinda on the nose.

As has already been said MoM already is a big movie. It would make more sense to get behind the mystery of the Darkhold let alone explore Wandas relationship to all of this in a separate place. An Agatha series has already been announced and I would be surprised if it doesn't dive into this topic at all.
    Sure I will only declare myself dead after I bleed out compeletely, I am jumping to the conclusion of my demise when it's just a big fucking wound on my artery.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, well, maybe I am just being too depressing, I will probably stay off anything Wanda related until May and then decide if it's time to just piss off.

Sure I will only declare myself dead after I bleed out compeletely, I am jumping to the conclusion of my demise when it's just a big fucking wound on my artery.
    Oh, well, maybe I am just being too depressing, I will probably stay off anything Wanda related until May and then decide if it's time to just piss off.
    I normally don't advise people what to do but now that you have brought it up. Maybe that would be for the best.

My reply was addressed at GenericUsername who made the comment about Cthon and his connection to the Darkhold. And yet you immediately jumped down my throat again with your negativity. One of the reasons why I have refrained from posting here in recent times and Im very likely not the only who feels this way. CJStriker certainly seems to have more patience for this kind of stuff than I have.

Elizabeth Olsen turned 33 yesterday and tons of Marvel fans and Marvel itself has congratulated her for it.
    https://comicbook.com/irl/news/eliza...-wanda-2022/#9

Not even a mention about it here despite the tremendous job she has done at bringing the character to life and introducing it to millions of people. An occurrence that fans of a lot of characters are still wanting for and maybe forever at that too.
    Last edited by Galerion; 02-17-2022 at 06:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I very much like drowning in my misery thank you.
    Sorry I find it hard to be positive when this character is again at the risk of being torn to pieces.

Sure I really want to be a jolly fellow, if I can. If there is anything actually positive about her character to hear about, to discuss.
    But don't worry, you may just get rid of me in May.

I still appreciate Lizzie Olsen for her effort, for whatever life it brought to Wanda, even ultimately a false one.
    And really? The accusation of lack of appreciation for the actress? I am pretty sure everyone here share love for Lizzie Olsen during WV and stuff. When things are less grim and more hopeful?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-17-2022 at 05:57 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I like everyone would to stick around and give the patience and time this project needs to give us the story it has yet to even begin to fully reveal, like another poster said Trailers barely begin to tell the full story and leaks keep changing things up to much, so time tells.

I don’t need to repeat my points on the movie and my views of MCU Wanda cause I am repeating myself, just look at my posts the last few pages to get my 411.

I hope you see news better otherwise and I wished to give you solid real world info and hope to change your view MaximoffTrash, but you must live by your own code, my PM is always open to you and really all here to talk.

I like your posts and admiration Galerion and I wish you stick around cause it be nice to have more viewpoints an fans all the time on the thread.

To all take your time with this, grains of salt, but I wish you could understand where the good possibilities of this movie and the future of our Wanda is coming from based on reality and solid points but in the end it is each must make their own choices.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the offer CJ, I guess I am just a resentful person set on a particular interpretation I guess.
    Wanda triggers my thoughts for creativity, as well as bad assumptions I guess.

Would be nice if there are other things to talk about other than MoM.(Again, the premise is already grim enough, there isn't exactly much I actually want to see, more like what I don't want to see)
    But yeah, if Wanda fans should have any virtue, that will be patience I guess.

Kinda hope Marvel can do another Avengers animation or other adaption project that properly features Wanda someday, and preferably without any AD/HOM elements. Just a quiet place to enjoy her character really.

Anyways Wanda VS Carol who y'all got?

I mean we all have the right to be dissapointed at the recent trailer spoilers:
    confirming most of the leaks/ pre visuals
    end of spoilers

I still feel like she will eventually comeback with another project, if loki did it why not her and she's really popular now, unless they have double standards, also the darkhold possesion would be a way to say she wasn't in her right mind and wasn't her at all.