Page 89 of 456 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It'd literally be the same plot Wanda supposedly having done some **** just for the twins not to give AF cause that's they mama, with the Haters tryna stop them cept instead of the X-men it's the Avengers. Also probably 2- 3 years at most.
    If the spoilers for this movie are true, why should I trust they'll do anything good with her in future? At least in the comics, "Avengers Disassembled" and "House of M" were outliers and "Children's Crusade" was just bringing her back to the hero she usually was.

It's true the MCU has treated her all right up until now, but if they do this story, they're telling the world that she can't be trusted to do good and that the people who hated her in "WandaVision" were right. And if they'd make such a horrible choice, I'd rather they kill her off than see what else they have planned, because their idea of a good Wanda story has been corrupted.

It's just unfair that other characters get to be heroes and all Wanda gets is a stupid line pointing out that she's the only character who gets treated this way. If their idea of a good story is for her just to get worse and worse, they shouldn't be using her.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Again still much more to verify in this movie, we should not be jumping to conclusions so majorly.

Also Bendis was JUST erased in the Comics with Trial of Magneto, we sure Impossible to forget THAT impact it had on the community!

I hope that comics at least continue her on a good path and don't retread because the movies became inspired by the things comics just fixed. It's just if true, I can't believe they'd dig that hole for the character in film. Maybe they think it'll get better reception in movies. We'll see how they react if Wanda is thrown away in the movies in the same way as the books.

Well see how everyone reacts after they see it. It'll also be amusing to see critics take on it if it is indeed a mess and basically copies the plot of Shang-Chi.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Why though, they should not give a flying **** about evil Wanda just like Wanda wouldn't give a flying **** about Magneto.
    I love Wanda, and in the same spirit, I condemn family purely based on blood relations, if Wanda is a psycho villain as described in the leaks. Then Billy and Tommy should just ignore her. Just like comic Wanda should ignore Magneto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope that comics at least continue her on a good path and don't retread because the movies became inspired by the things comics just fixed. It's just if true, I can't believe they'd dig that hole for the character in film. Maybe they think it'll get better reception in movies. We'll see how they react if Wanda is thrown away in the movies in the same way as the books.

Well see how everyone reacts after they see it. It'll also be amusing to see critics take on it if it is indeed a mess and basically copies the plot of Shang-Chi.
    Would be hella funny if now comics decide it's time for synergy.
    I will be convinced Marvel specifically want to **** over Wanda.

It'd literally be the same plot Wanda supposedly having done some **** just for the twins not to give AF cause that's they mama, with the Haters tryna stop them cept instead of the X-men it's the Avengers. Also probably 2- 3 years at most.
    The twins would be in it for their mother. But why would Marvel do that plot? What would be the purpose? If everything intrinsic about Wanda is evil and needs buried in the collapse of Mount Wundagore, what does she continue on as? What stories would they have to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Would be hella funny if now comics decide it's time for synergy.
    I will be convinced Marvel specifically want to **** over Wanda.
    Me too, honestly. But I hope not.

Extraordinary Member

And I hold the opinion that the story about Mount Wundagore, Chthon, Darkhold, etc should be a deeply personal story focused on Wanda and her supporting cast. It literally only works if the emotional beats are the center, and actually have Wanda actively fight for her own control.
    Not a movie infested with pointless cameos.
    Using Mount Wundagore in MoM is a fucking mistake and waste.
    The ideal structure of her arc would be participating in DS2, develop shared elements with Stephen while keeping most of the movie strictly about Stephen's lore, and then you give her another solo project to tie up the Darkhold/Wundagore story with proper introduction of Chthon. It really feels like they just want to get this over with and rush to the end, and of course reduce her story to something utterly genric.

Extraordinary Member

And of course, movie as a media can often cover up flaws in writing with good visuals and shocking effects.
    This kind of script in written media would literally be some kindergarten level ****. Pathetic even.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The twins would be in it for their mother. But why would Marvel do that plot? What would be the purpose? If everything intrinsic about Wanda is evil and needs buried in the collapse of Mount Wundagore, what does she continue on as? What stories would they have to tell?
    Well theirs the obvious redemption angle, but we also know with Vision back their not done with that so that's another thing, as for why they would do that plot because Money! Wanda is popping if they can't do HOM & the Avengers are already disassembled Children's Crusade is her 3rd most known for story, & also the most known YA story which is being set up & how does that start with Wanda MIA which is what the leaks suggest happen. Also besides Strange & Chavez not like anyone relevant will remember what Wanda may or may not does reputation secured.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If the spoilers for this movie are true, why should I trust they'll do anything good with her in future? At least in the comics, "Avengers Disassembled" and "House of M" were outliers and "Children's Crusade" was just bringing her back to the hero she usually was.

It's true the MCU has treated her all right up until now, but if they do this story, they're telling the world that she can't be trusted to do good and that the people who hated her in "WandaVision" were right. And if they'd make such a horrible choice, I'd rather they kill her off than see what else they have planned, because their idea of a good Wanda story has been corrupted.

It's just unfair that other characters get to be heroes and all Wanda gets is a stupid line pointing out that she's the only character who gets treated this way. If their idea of a good story is for her just to get worse and worse, they shouldn't be using her.
    Death is boring when theirs money to be made she ain't goin nowhere longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Why though, they should not give a flying **** about evil Wanda just like Wanda wouldn't give a flying **** about Magneto.
    I love Wanda, and in the same spirit, I condemn family purely based on blood relations, if Wanda is a psycho villain as described in the leaks. Then Billy and Tommy should just ignore her. Just like comic Wanda should ignore Magneto.
    Blood over everything, they don't know America or Strange they do know Wanda anything those 2 say is just slander with no proof. (In their minds)

Fantastic Member

I am trying to be optimistic, I hope there is context, and I think there will be a big backlash if its as crass and stupid as it seems. I mean, neither of the two leads have actual character arcs.

There's also the fact Wanda had only been portrayed as "good", when following the lead of white male characters.

One set of statistics sticks in my mind:
    3 Marvel movies (Disney, Fox, Sony) where a female hero can't control her powers and goes crazy.
    2 Marvel movies which have a female lead.

30+ male led Marvel movies.
    None, not even one, in which the male lead can't control his powers and goes crazy. (Hulk being the only possible exception, but that's anger, not craziness).

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I am trying to be optimistic, I hope there is context, and I think there will be a big backlash if its as crass and stupid as it seems. I mean, neither of the two leads have actual character arcs.

There's also the fact Wanda had only been portrayed as "good", when following the lead of white male characters.

One set of statistics sticks in my mind:
    3 Marvel movies (Disney, Fox, Sony) where a female hero can't control her powers and goes crazy.
    2 Marvel movies which have a female lead.

30+ male led Marvel movies.
    None, not even one, in which the male lead can't control his powers and goes crazy. (Hulk being the only possible exception, but that's anger, not craziness).
    Wasn't Logan mostly about Xavier being insane & unable to control his powers?

Well theirs the obvious redemption angle, but we also know with Vision back their not done with that so that's another thing, as for why they would do that plot because Money! Wanda is popping if they can't do HOM & the Avengers are already disassembled Children's Crusade is her 3rd most known for story, & also the most known YA story which is being set up & how does that start with Wanda MIA which is what the leaks suggest happen. Also besides Strange & Chavez not like anyone relevant will remember what Wanda may or may not does reputation secured.
    I don't think Vision has been confirmed as back. He's mentioned by Wanda, but no one has seen him. Last we saw of him he flew off somewhere. And it could set something up, but be something of his own. Since that was basically when he and Wanda parted in comics.

Wanda is popular but Marvel makes money regardless. They are at a a point where everything earns guaranteed billions. I don't think they care about Wanda as much as I do, lol.

I guess we'll know for sure soon though.

Wasn't Logan mostly about Xavier being insane & unable to control his powers?
    Xavier was getting old and feeble in that.