Page 9 of 456 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Also the dynamic between Wanda and Chthon did change vastly.
    spoilers:

Before, Wanda is the defiant investment of Chthon, she is valuable to Chthon even though she didn't really want to cooperate.
    Now she is more like a pure obstacle to Chthon, he and Chthonic factions will probably straight up want to kill her now instead of trying to capture her and use her.
    One of the interesting storyline that can come out of this is Wanda watching out for Chthon's "backup plans", which involve other characters with Chthonic connections, namely Victoria Montesi. Or maybe even help them finding a "cure" like she did.
    end of spoilers

I read it quite a few plot holes IMO but IDGAF.

The only plot holes are from the continuation for* trial of magneto lol

But if we considerate that Wanda been saying in the whole ToM book that she's dead but she really isn't and we saw that her soul was fighting somewhere in a chaos dimension all that time, we could say that she was still alive since Chthon and the Darkhold are bounded to her soul.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 01-05-2022 at 11:08 AM.

OK, I'm confused.

spoilers:
    In Darkhold Omega, Wanda says that if they kill her, Chthon will be freed.

But in Trial of Magneto, she asks Magneto to kill her so that she can go through the resurrection process.
    end of spoilers

Does Marvel even HAVE editors?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    OK, I'm confused.

spoilers:

But in Trial of Magneto, she asks Magneto to kill her so that she can go through the resurrection process.
    end of spoilers

Yeah I guess that is plot hole. But it doesn't matter because she killed herself and later was fighting against something in the chaos dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah I guess that is plot hole. But it doesn't matter because she killed herself and later was fighting against something in the chaos dimension.
    Yeah she was fighting old Wanda then they merged doesn't really address anything...

I loved this issue, Wanda was perfect, beautiful, powerful, confident, I'll miss it, I really wanted Steve to write a solo for her, Cian's features were impeccable, Wanda with Rom features is out of this world!

Steve responded to a fan about whether Wanda has become more powerful with the end of this issue:

Screenshot_20220105-161519_Twitter.jpg

Maybe Wanda's death and resurrection is setting up something else other than fixing decimation. Either that or she didn't really die in ToM and only went into astral form. That has happened with Agatha.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    OK, I'm confused.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Unless Trash of Magneto happened first and then Darkhold, it's the only logical solution.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Happy New Year Wanda fans!! Loved the ending of the ToM!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Just finished reading and yep I hugely enjoyed it. I loved how she told off Doom in the end. I mean Doom will always be Doom but at least she has made clear that she is no push-over and won't take shit from him.
    Hope we see more of this Wanda in the coming months

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Unless Trash of Magneto happened first and then Darkhold, it's the only logical solution.
    Darkhold Alpha had an editorial note that said it happened before Trial. *shrugs*

Yeah it did happen before. And we know canon always has these situations that contradict each other. Also, I think Doom still has a crush on Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The last interaction between Doom and Wanda had the true weight of having enough of Doom’s BS and calling him out that he can’t even look her in the eyes cause she really put a dent in his ego.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

The issue was really great! I've found it disappointing for a while that, while Chaos Magic is a great unique power for her, she was given it just so Chthon could possess her. So seeing her reclaim it and confront him like this was really satisfying and it's definetely one of the best developments she's ever had. From this to what happened in Trial, it seems like Marvel is finally letting Wanda heal from all the negativity surrounding her.

Also loved her interactions with Doom. Their dynamic is so interesting and I love how it changed from Children's Crusade.