Page 91 of 456 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well theirs the obvious redemption angle, but we also know with Vision back their not done with that so that's another thing, as for why they would do that plot because Money! Wanda is popping if they can't do HOM & the Avengers are already disassembled Children's Crusade is her 3rd most known for story, & also the most known YA story which is being set up & how does that start with Wanda MIA which is what the leaks suggest happen. Also besides Strange & Chavez not like anyone relevant will remember what Wanda may or may not does reputation secured.
    Dude, you just kinda convince me YA to Wanda is nearly as bad as Magnus family. Don't do that buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Wanda ever use eldritch bolts or any kind of force blasts?
    She has always had hex bolts and hex sphere's in comics. She's learned traditional magic. Chaos magic is derived from Chthon which is closest to that idea of magic coming from nightmarish creatures that is strong and dangerous.

In the MCU eldritch is in Stephens lore as coming from Dormammu and counters Chaos Magic which is seen as darker.

In comics it's really magic, chaos magic, odin-force, chi and all-speak. There probably is somewhere where it has gone into it deeper than that, but that's just from my memory.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Dormammu is kinda the living proof of the differentiation between magic is arbitary on human's part.
    Because Dormammu in essence is a being of light and energy, dude is literally the bright lord in a dark world. Yet his magic is considered dark magic.

There is nothing "dark" about hurling bunch of mystical flames.
    In a similar vein, Chaos Magic is also not "dark", while Chthon has aspects like Chaos and Darkness, those two don't necessarily overlap, heck he also has the aspect of fire in him.

They really should just classify Dark Magic as magic the uses the concept/energy of Darkness, like Cloak.
    Which should have no moral alighment of its own.

But again MCU Dormammu is like your average dark lord so I guess that nuance will be lost.

Wanda AND Scarlet witch
    by
    MoyaJaime

https://www.deviantart.com/moyajaime...itch-907316232

Extraordinary Member

I want to see a therapy support group comprised entirely of different versions of Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I want to see a therapy support group comprised entirely of different versions of Wanda.
    The Wanda Room, a place where all versions of Wanda can talk to each other about their problems.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is from the beginning of ToM right?

This is from the beginning of ToM right?
    It's from 2020 I think. They were just trolling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's from 2020 I think. They were just trolling us.
    No it's from the last issue of X-Factor before TOM, it's the issue where Wanda's corpse was discovered

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't know where exactly this ''Chaos Magic is inherently evil in the MCU'' thing came from (I haven't read all of the leaks, so I might've missed something), but I think it makes zero sense to portray Chaos Magic like that after WandaVision. Wanda created her family through Chaos Magic, so where does that leave them, specially if they are planning on bringing Billy and Tommy back? Are they inherently evil too? I don't see that happening. The fact that her family even exists is proof that Chaos Magic can be used for good. I really hope the movie comes up with a better explanation for her dark turn and doesn't just use Chaos Magic as the scapegoat. I feel like if anything should be the scapegoat, it would probably be the Darkhold and whoever/whatever evil entity inside it could be influencing Wanda, not the magic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Again still much more to verify in this movie, we should not be jumping to conclusions so majorly.

Also Bendis was JUST erased in the Comics with Trial of Magneto, we sure Impossible to forget THAT impact it had on the community!

Decimation was removed as an impediment to Wanda’s story on the x-side.

The only question really is if fans do want her involved on the xbooks and if so how? It seems many here want her to be a full time Avenger which I would support, but I don’t sense a lot of interest on that side either.

Obviously for those who MoM trailer has sent online talk of HoM across the internet back up again among casuals, but that is divorced from where the comics are heading.

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I don't know why you have to bring up "Oh, HoM is even more popular now among general audience." every now and then.

As for her next comic appearance, I would say anywhere but X-franchise. ToM as messy as it is finally freed her out of the status of being a narrative slave to X-franchise. I would rather her not being sold right back into it, thank you.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-18-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Honestly I don't know why you have to bring up "Oh, HoM is even more popular now among general audience." every now and then.

As for her next comic appearance, I would say anywhere but X-franchise. ToM as messy as it is finally freed her out of the status of being a narrative slave to X-franchise. I would rather her not being sold right back into it, thank you.
    The comics and film are going to be going ostensively two different directions.

Wanda is going into something akin to HoM/AD in the films and that story really started with WV while she is on paper coming out of that era for the character in the comics.

I think they will and won’t be coming out of that era for Wanda in effect ToM left her in a position that hands her the role if they choose to use it as one of the major members of the HoM faction on Krakoa.

The preference of some here is clearly wanting Wanda having nothing to do with the X-side, but I don’t think she is done with it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2022 at 09:22 AM.