Page 93 of 456 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Decimation was removed as an impediment to Wanda’s story on the x-side.

The only question really is if fans do want her involved on the xbooks and if so how? It seems many here want her to be a full time Avenger which I would support, but I don’t sense a lot of interest on that side either.

Obviously for those who MoM trailer has sent online talk of HoM across the internet back up again among casuals, but that is divorced from where the comics are heading.

Link
    They had to do it x-side because they ruined her over mutants. To lower their numbers dramatically, instantly for the future of mutant stories and to push Bendis' Avengers team. I wish this lie that Wanda was only ruined A-side would stop. They planned this all company wide on the writer retreat. And some of the same writers have written both sides.

Wanda will be back in books when an editor allows a writer to do it. It doesn't have anymore special agenda than that.

X-books have a lot going on without her. Not really for it no. It's about House of M wishes anyway. Not really about her development.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

#1 New York Times bestselling author Alan Gratz delivers an all-new, original Captain America graphic novel!

In this thrilling historical adventure, 18 year-old Steve Rogers (AKA Captain America) and his young sidekick, Bucky Barnes are fighting in WWII when they encounter a threat like none they've ever seen -- a Ghost Army. The dead of this war and wars past are coming back to life, impervious to bullets, flames, or anything else the Allies can throw at them. The armies rise from the ground in the night and seem to disappear without a trace.

How can Cap and Buck fight something that's already dead? And just what does the mysterious Baron Mordo, sitting in his castle atop nearby Wundagore Mountain have to do with this?

https://www.google.com/books/edition...zgEACAAJ?hl=en
    I noticed Wanda's name tagged to a Captain America book out in the Summer. Something involving WW2, zombies from all history rising, and Wundagore Mountain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yep. It looks like they included America Chavez in it because she is the heroine of the flick with Wanda becoming the villain. At the very least, I hope Wanda is morally ambiguous like Wen Wu was. Not a good look to have the 'father' portrayed sympathetically for trying to bring back a loved one while the 'mother' is portrayed as a slasher villain for wanting the same thing.

Waldron seem to be using the same 'formula' that he used for the Loki show:

- Wanda = Sylvie (the semi sympathetic slasher)

- Dr Strange = Loki (the lead who makes a 'mistake' that breaks the time/space laws)

- America Chavez = Mobius (the tag along who can travel between time and space)

- Mordo = Also Mobius (the time cop who arrests our lead)

You even have Strange brought before the Illumanti like Loki was held trial before the TVA. Then you have the cameo fest scene; Loki being in that limbo dimension which had the other Loki's plus all the camoes and Easter Eggs. In Dr Strange it's going to be Prof X and the Illumanti. Plus you have characters doing a road trip across the Multiverse much like the Loki show did.

All the signs indicate that this is going to be a big blockbuster version of Loki show but with the leads swapped out.
    I mean, glorified fatherhood is always more common in media.
    How many popular media are there about one grumpy dude and his babies.(Like Logan, Mandalorian, The Last of Us, etc.) While there aren't many maternal figures in that action hero protector role.(There is Sarah Conor from Terminator and that is pretty much it.)
    I am disappointed at MCU Agatha because they again kinda deaged a powerful, wise and helpful matriach into something more shady and "hot".
    Sure MCU Agatha may appeal more to the general audience, but I don't think they will feel the same need to turn male old wise mentor characters into deaged DILFs or something.

Extraordinary Member

I noticed Wanda's name tagged to a Captain America book out in the Summer. Something involving WW2, zombies from all history rising, and Wundagore Mountain.
    Fun enough premise, I had stories about war victims' ghosts in my head before.
    Not a fan of zombies as an element though.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Fun enough premise, I had stories about war victims' ghosts in my head before.
    Not a fan of zombies as an element though.
    I like the sounding of the book.

But as for the need for Zombies, it seems like to many World War 2 stories have now been tagged with Zombies over the past decade, thanks to some underground horror movies and Modern War Video Game Series always have a Zombie mod it is, mostly the WW2 ones!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

If i remember correctly i think it was hinting at wanda's grandfather or great-grandfather it also meantioned him being roma. I don't think she's in the book though.

It's about her ancestors, not her. That was announced some months back with artwork to go with it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Could Wanda please say "No more Jason Aaron", first he ruined my Avengers with rubbish writing, now he is ruining my memories of great Avengers teams and writing.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Could be that they not investing in wanda in the comics cause as for now they a have a main magic girl running around, Clea as the new dr strange... maybe having two would be too much for solo ongoings lol
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-18-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Could Wanda please say "No more Jason Aaron", first he ruined my Avengers with rubbish writing, now he is ruining my memories of great Avengers teams and writing.
    Second, he really shouldn’t write any stories that throws into question a character continuity when that character has displayed abilities linked to a specific source/being, the whole making She-Hulk a berserker and Thor’s mother is the Phoenix was just terrible. Like he can’t write certain characters
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Wanda AND Scarlet witch
    by
    MoyaJaime

https://www.deviantart.com/moyajaime...itch-907316232
    Sparkling Fly Wanda with Sad Wanda, an interesting work, I like the Sparks around flying Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    One of the Early Examples of Meme culture in a Variant Cover LOL, but still nicely drawn even though it has always been about death, it is still icon in nearly many incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Lol, I am not sure that is within Wanda's powers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I have like a DOZEN+ of This Cover in My Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I have like a DOZEN+ of This Cover in My Collection!
    Some Classic Wanda beauty!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!