Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

He's back!

New Dr Strange book written and drawn by Tradd Moore! It's going to be trippy!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/trad...d-in-november/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, clarification from Marvel.com

Written and drawn by Moore, DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE #1 will kick off a four-issue miniseries starring the Good Doctor. The debut issue will send Strange to a strange new world, where he’ll have to fight just to survive even as he unearths its mystical secrets.

In this series, Doctor Strange awakens alone in a distant world not his own. Lost of purpose and surrounded by danger, the wandering sorcerer must explore this land of blades and mystery to unravel arcane secrets and escape the deadly horrors that lie in wait! From the fantastical mind of creator Tradd Moore comes a Strange story like you’ve never seen!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ed-series-sdcc

Coming in November.

Looks like it is NOT an ongoing and the return of Stephen, but perhaps a tale that happened when he was alive. Regardless, I enjoy Tradd Moore's art -- haven't read much of his writing, I think, so I'm looking forward to this.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Strange Academy Finals announced: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/22/sd...demy-finals-1/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That looks...interesting.

I hope they bring Strange Academy to a proper conclusion.

Hickman's next project.

Hickman says he can't say much at this time, but it's "probably my favorite thing I've written for Marvel." Hickman describes it as "Sandman saga in the Marvel universe.”
    I dunno. That sounds like a Doctor Strange book to me.

[img]https://aiptcomics.com/ezoimgfmt/***********/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/DSFALLSUNRISE2022001_Int1.jpg?resize=768%2C594&ssl =1&ezimgfmt=ng:webp/ngcb1[/img]

[img]https://aiptcomics.com/ezoimgfmt/***********/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/DSFALLSUNRISE2022001_Int2.jpg?resize=768%2C1166&ss l=1&ezimgfmt=ng:webp/ngcb1[/img]

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/23/sd...g-thing-panel/

Images from the Tradd Moore book released at Marvel's Next Big Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hickman's next project.

I dunno. That sounds like a Doctor Strange book to me.
    Hickman tries Sandman? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hickman tries Sandman? Okay.
    Past time for him to try his hand at the magical side and fantasy.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I don't like his costume. :/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Luckily you can change the characters' suits .

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Have to agree.

Luckily you can change the characters' suits .
    Ah, good. Hopefully to something closer to Strange's costume.

Very sad to hear about Wolfgang Petersen's passing. I really loved the NeverEnding Story. It was the first fantasy movie I ever watched. And it was so interesting. A dude reading a book then becomes a part of the story. Very meta and original. The NeverEnding Story 2 was the first movie I ever saw in theaters without my family...And I can't remember a single thing about that one. But Petersen did a GREAT job in making the first NeverEnding Story movie so "magical" without ANY CGI! I definitely understand WHY Michael Ende (the author of the NeverEnding Story book) was upset about the film, but I thought NeverEnding Story was a good intro to fantasy for kids like me:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/16/m...rsen-dead.html

Now I DID read Ende's book several decades later, and WOW was that a great decision. It's such an amazing fantasy novel. Maybe one of my all-time favorites. He has amazing prose and uses metaphors and imagery quite effectively. It felt like a 60s Strange comic book. REALLY trippy and psychedelic, like a succession of surrealist paintings. I thought the Sphinx Gate, the Temple of a Thousand Doors the Picture Mine and the City of the Old Emperors were some of the coolest **** I ever read about. But there are rules and costs to the magic in Fantastica, so the story actually had stakes and meaning. And contrary to its title, it had an ending...And a very good one in my opinion.

Has Doctor Strange ever starred in a fantasy, as opposed to a superhero, story in the comic books? Something along the lines of the NeverEnding Story where concepts like imagination, memories, wishes and dreams play a prominent part? I liked how the NeverEnding Story granted the users of the Auryn the power to wish for basically whatever they want in Fantastica, but at the cost of their memories of the "real world" from which they came. Wouldn't mind reading a Strange story delving into stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Has Doctor Strange ever starred in a fantasy, as opposed to a superhero, story in the comic books? Something along the lines of the NeverEnding Story where concepts like imagination, memories, wishes and dreams play a prominent part? I liked how the NeverEnding Story granted the users of the Auryn the power to wish for basically whatever they want in Fantastica, but at the cost of their memories of the "real world" from which they came. Wouldn't mind reading a Strange story delving into stuff like that.
    Several. The first that leaps to mind is Into Shamballa.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Several. The first that leaps to mind is Into Shamballa.
    Oh wow! Thanks for the recommendation.