Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Is that Shuma Gorath?
    He isn't called that (he's Gargantos here) because of rights issues, but he basically is.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Defender Strange is here!

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I finally took the time to read the credits and saw Danny Elfman is doing the music. That's grand!

There's speculation that the Loki series ties into DSitMoM, too. I think I need to finish watching that one.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Defender Strange is here!

So many Stephens!

Preview of STRANGE #1:

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...view-strange-1

Clea is nicely snarky in this.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Preview of STRANGE #1:

That is fun. I've been meaning to set up a new topic here for this series/Clea appreciation but time has been getting away from me. I'll try to set up a new topic ASAP.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Preview of STRANGE #1:

Using the Cloak of Levitation as a robe. She was totally naked under there right up until she magicked her costume, wasn't she ?

I mean, to be fair, Doom's right that the Sorcerer Supreme title doesn't quite work that way...not that writers have seemed to care.

I guess Clea was lucky not to have the maiden name debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Using the Cloak of Levitation as a robe. She was totally naked under there right up until she magicked her costume, wasn't she ?

I mean, to be fair, Doom's right that the Sorcerer Supreme title doesn't quite work that way...not that writers have seemed to care.

I guess Clea was lucky not to have the maiden name debate.

That's a rather complicated point, actually.

Initially, Strange gained the title (provisionally?) when the Ancient One died. Nobody gave it to him

He was apparently confirmed by the Vishanti in Triumph & Torment, with the implication that it was a rather rare event.

He willingly gave up the title to Salome in the '90s but reclaimed it when he defeated her a short time later.

(Note that he had the Cloak & the Eye well before ANY of these stories, BTW).

Then, during the Bendis New Avengers run, it suddenly became something you had to be worthy of, and the Eye & Cloak were badges of office. Voodoo had the title, but rarely used the relics. Eventually, Strange "earned the right" to be both the Sorcerer Supreme, and use the relics again.

During the Aaron run. on Doctor Strange, Loki was somehow able to fake a tournament, leading to him gaining the role temporarily, but Stephen regained it at the end of the arc.

So, if we look at the history, you can gain the title:

1. By being around when the previous one dies.
    2. Winning the Tournament of the Vishanti.
    3. Being given the mantle willingly.
    4. Being chosen worthy by the Eye.

And you can lose it by:

1. Dying.
    2. Giving it up willingly.
    3. Being found "unworthy".

The situation with Clea seems closer to the Ancient One->Strange transition, while Doom seems to think it is a "being worthy" deal. Maybe Mackay will address the discrepancy at some point, maybe not. It WOULD be nice to clear things up, especially given how cluttered the line of Sorcerer Supremes has become over the years.

(The question nobody seems to be asking, BTW, is: Why isn't Yao a candidate? He did it before!)

That's a rather complicated point, actually.

Initially, Strange gained the title (provisionally?) when the Ancient One died. Nobody gave it to him

He was apparently confirmed by the Vishanti in Triumph & Torment, with the implication that it was a rather rare event.

He willingly gave up the title to Salome in the '90s but reclaimed it when he defeated her a short time later.

(Note that he had the Cloak & the Eye well before ANY of these stories, BTW).

Then, during the Bendis New Avengers run, it suddenly became something you had to be worthy of, and the Eye & Cloak were badges of office. Voodoo had the title, but rarely used the relics. Eventually, Strange "earned the right" to be both the Sorcerer Supreme, and use the relics again.

During the Aaron run. on Doctor Strange, Loki was somehow able to fake a tournament, leading to him gaining the role temporarily, but Stephen regained it at the end of the arc.

So, if we look at the history, you can gain the title:

1. By being around when the previous one dies.
    2. Winning the Tournament of the Vishanti.
    3. Being given the mantle willingly.
    4. Being chosen worthy by the Eye.

And you can lose it by:

1. Dying.
    2. Giving it up willingly.
    3. Being found "unworthy".

The situation with Clea seems closer to the Ancient One->Strange transition, while Doom seems to think it is a "being worthy" deal. Maybe Mackay will address the discrepancy at some point, maybe not. It WOULD be nice to clear things up, especially given how cluttered the line of Sorcerer Supremes has become over the years.

(The question nobody seems to be asking, BTW, is: Why isn't Yao a candidate? He did it before!)
    Maybe Clea will have to prove herself to the Vishanti eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Clea will have to prove herself to the Vishanti eventually...
    Or there'll be a special tournament. Or it will be revealed that there's a pattern to all of these that we've missed.

Who knows?

Astonishing Member

Anyone here think Lilith, the Mother of Demon would make a great antagonist for Clea as the new Sorcerer Supreme. More similarly Shiklah, Deadpool ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone here think Lilith, the Mother of Demon would make a great antagonist for Clea as the new Sorcerer Supreme. More similarly Shiklah, Deadpool ex.
    They seem like fun match-ups. I'd add Satanna Hellstrom and Selene from the X-men.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-27-2022 at 08:46 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Doomsie but...just waltzing in expecting to claim a title is a little pathetic.
    You're fuckin' DOOM!!! Create your own damn title, bloody hell!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love Doomsie but...just waltzing in expecting to claim a title is a little pathetic.
    You're fuckin' DOOM!!! Create your own damn title, bloody hell!
    I do agree it is rather pathetic of him thinking he can just waltz in and take the title. A title he has no right to, especially when the former sorcerer supreme, doctor strange passed on the mantle to Clea

Here are a couple of covers to the upcoming oneshot (?) story, Doctor Strange, Nexus of Nightmares. Just because Stephen Strange is dead at the moment doesn't stop him from appearing in new stories.

Cover A by Todd Nauck

Cover B by Salvador Larroca
    Live Faust, Die Jung.