Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I'm rather hoping that the current book proves to Marvel that Clea doesn't have to be "in tow" to anyone.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shout Factory are releasing Doctor Strange on Blu-ray on Tuesday. The 1978 one, that is.
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7819

I saw this, and I have to admit, I am tempted. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I saw this, and I have to admit, I am tempted. LOL!
    I have it on DVD (for the life of me, I really cannot tell the difference in quality between DVD and Blu-ray---but that is probably my aged eyes). Not great, not canonical, but still a fun movie to watch. I love the bit where Strange tries to improvise a spell (based on what little he knows) and Morgana just looks at him like he is a complete idiot!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm rather hoping that the current book proves to Marvel that Clea doesn't have to be "in tow" to anyone.
    Fair! But I love her and Stephen together .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fair! But I love her and Stephen together .
    Oh yes. But as equal partners. Doctors Strange, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Oh yes. But as equal partners. Doctors Strange, for example.
    Not sure if I like that title (Clea isn't a doctor) but that might be what they go with .

Logically it should be Dr and Mrs Strange.

Is Jericho Drumm a doctor? He was originally called Brother Voodoo, but changed his codename to Doctor Voodoo when he became the Sorcerer Supreme.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not sure if I like that title (Clea isn't a doctor) but that might be what they go with .
    How about Strange Tales?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Logically it should be Dr and Mrs Strange.

Is Jericho Drumm a doctor? He was originally called Brother Voodoo, but changed his codename to Doctor Voodoo when he became the Sorcerer Supreme.
    Yes, actually. In his first appearance, he returned to Haiti after getting his doctorate in psychology in the US.

Did anybody else read "Nexus of Nightmares"? It is surprisingly old school! Well, I say "surprisingly" but it is written by Ralph Macchio. I can recall when he was writing letters to the Doctor Strange lettercol! He loves classic Strange as much as anybody.

The dialogue is over-the-top chewy, but I have missed that of late. Stephen lost a lot of his mystic feel when he started talking like a hip 20-something. Sure, it is preposterous---but what about costumed super heroes isn't preposterous? Overall, the story is forgettable but I don't regret buying it! It has a very nostalgic feel to it.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Did anybody else read "Nexus of Nightmares"? It is surprisingly old school! Well, I say "surprisingly" but it is written by Ralph Macchio. I can recall when he was writing letters to the Doctor Strange lettercol! He loves classic Strange as much as anybody.

The dialogue is over-the-top chewy, but I have missed that of late. Stephen lost a lot of his mystic feel when he started talking like a hip 20-something. Sure, it is preposterous---but what about costumed super heroes isn't preposterous? Overall, the story is forgettable but I don't regret buying it! It has a very nostalgic feel to it.
    I read it. I agree with you that it had a nostalgic feel. To me it felt like an intro story for newish fans who were unfamiliar with Nightmare or with Stephen Strange's history and more old-school personality.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Stephen appears in Ms. Marvel #5 (the book was delayed, should've been out before he was killed off).

He also has a new costume in Marvel Future Fight as a movie tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Did anybody else read "Nexus of Nightmares"?
    I read it, and sorry I did. Disliked it. Thought the writing florid and stilted and called to my mind the worst of the stiffest 'old-time Marvel' comics. I'm a strong Doctor Strange fan, but I've been so for decades--lots of decades: one of my first comics as a kid was a Strange Tales DS (maybe ST 178? that's what came to mind anyway), and I've followed his series for a long time... until a couple of series ago, but I keep trying, keep hoping to find a DS series I like again. But 'taint this'n, I guess. Will try issue 2, but expect little change, if any.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

so when is Nightmare going to appear in the films? Seems like he's not going to be in MOM...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Definitely.

No one stays dead forever. And he's in films so it shouldn't be long now I think.
    so what happened to the "Novice Strange" who appeared in his place?

Astonishing Member

Anyone here familar with Hiro Mashima, the manga author/artist best known for Fairy Tail as well its current hit Eden Zero and past Rave Master. HE did a promotional art for Multiverse of Madness drawing Strange. looks different from his regular stuff.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/sta...55395099607040