Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I understand that sentiment and am worried about this movie being a mess.
    Most plot summaries sound messy, but I read the leaks for this movie and yeahhh. Also all the reshoots

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I’m ready for a sequel to the Strange/Doom/Mephisto gn now. Get Mignola lined up on art chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m ready for a sequel to the Strange/Doom/Mephisto gn now. Get Mignola lined up on art chores.
    Only if Stern writes it.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

We're getting an old school one-shot in April!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel.com
    Featuring his two most terrifying villains, Nightmare and Baron Mordo, and showcasing some of Doctor Strange’s greatest feats yet, DOCTOR STRANGE: NEXUS OF NIGHTMARES will provide a perfect entry point into the unique mystical world of Doctor Strange. Expertly crafted by legendary Marvel great Ralph Macchio and rising star artist Ibrahim Mostafa, this epic tale also promises to dazzle longtime fans of the iconic character with a fascinating venture into the dream realm that you won’t want to wake up from!

Nightmare has invaded Doctor Strange’s dreams and turned them into terrible nightmares! These dark feelings now inhabit every fiber of Doctor Strange’s waking life and has left him weak and unable to protect the realm. Now, Baron Mordo and Nightmare are ready to strike. Can Stephen shake Nightmare’s grip over him? Or will the world be lost to Nightmare’s dream realm forever!

DOCTOR STRANGE: NEXUS OF NIGHTMARES #1
    Written by RALPH MACCHIO
    Art by IBRAHIM MOUSTAFA
    Cover by TODD NAUCK
    On Sale 4/20

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...1-announcement

Some images from Ibrahim Moustafa's Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/Ibrahim_M_?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-05-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I doubt it, even though 616 Strange wore this costume for a few years after Fraction and Dodson's Defenders. When I saw the action figure, I was wondering if meant a variant Defenders Dr. Strange was going to appear in the movie, cause the costume doesn't look quite like the comic version, and of course, it has Cumberbatch's face.

It really does look sharp, though.

Oh, and forgot, we actually got the comic book Defenders action figure previously.

Groaaaaan.

What I assumed after watching the most recent trailer was that spoilers:
    the main bad guy of Multiverse of Madness is a Doctor Strange from another dimension.
    end of spoilers.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    We're getting an old school one-shot in April!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...1-announcement

Some images from Ibrahim Moustafa's Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/Ibrahim_M_?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    This looks really good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What I assumed after watching the most recent trailer was that spoilers:
    the main bad guy of Multiverse of Madness is a Doctor Strange from another dimension.
    end of spoilers.
    I think he'll be ONE of the bad guys. But SURELY, we'll get some other folks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    This looks really good.
    I'm adding it to the pull list. I'm curious to see what Ralph Macchio writes. I only know of him as an editor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Maybe they don't want to use the name Shuma Gorath in the Multiverse of Madness due to the connection to Robert E Howard and licensing. So thats why they are using another name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Maybe they don't want to use the name Shuma Gorath in the Multiverse of Madness due to the connection to Robert E Howard and licensing. So thats why they are using another name.
    This seems to be the likeliest explanation.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Guess who popped up in Wasterlanders: Doom #1? Sophia Strange! If she's alive and kicking in this AU Earth, then I chose to believe she's also alive in the 616 Earth somewhere.

Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's interesting to see him do Dr Strange now. Back when he did Triumph&Torment, Mignola was still somewhat trying to have a traditional comic art style. He hadn't solidified the art style that is so iconic now. I'd love to see him do a current mini or one-shot on Dr Strange, but it will never happen.

Completely random question for the thread:

How does everyone here feel about the good Doctor's pants?

I've always felt like Dr. Strange's costume, the tunic, the cloak, etc were perfect, but then no one has really ever know what to do about those pants. For years it was just completely black, what, leggings? In recent years people have tried a different assortment of pant styles, none of which seem to stick. I feel the best version has been the simple slacks and shoes that were worn in "The Oath" mini-series, as it suits who Strange is best a character. As if he's wearing something slightly professional beneath, like a Doctor would wear, with the extravagant cloaks and amulets over top. It seems to play in with Stephen's, well, strangeness as a character. The sophisticated, educated scholar and the bizarre, master sorcerer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Guess who popped up in Wasterlanders: Doom #1? Sophia Strange! If she's alive and kicking in this AU Earth, then I chose to believe she's also alive in the 616 Earth somewhere.

Writers somehow remember she exists, call me pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Writers somehow remember she exists, call me pleasantly surprised.
    I was pleased to see her here, even though this Wasterlanders title is set in an AU Earth. I wonder if this is just a random one-shot appearance and then she'll fade back into obscurity again for another 20 years. Perhaps she'll pop up again in regular 616 continuity. When Marvel first announced that the Strange Academy was book was going to be set in New Orleans, I had hoped that Sophia would play a role in that book. Instead we got junior Dormammu. :/ Now that Clea will have her own book for a bit, perhaps Sophia could drop by to have a chat with her mom in that series. That could be interesting.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry View Post
    Most plot summaries sound messy, but I read the leaks for this movie and yeahhh. Also all the reshoots
    I think it says a lot when an actor/actress talks about their work. I remember Olsen, Bettany and Hahn gushing over how proud they were of WandaVision and that project turned out really well. Hemsworth was also pretty excited over Thor: Ragnarok as well and we know how well that movie was received. Cumberbatch is clearly proud with the work he did for the Power of the Dog. Talking about how it was like a dream come true to work with Jane Campion. I don't get the same sense of pride when he talks about Strange 2, sadly. I'm cautiously optimistic about the MoM. I read somewhere the cameos are gonna be "fun". But I'm wary of the "variants" and "Easter eggs" being hinted at.

I guess my issue with the MoM has a lot to do with "stans". I've never understood the concept of a stan. I'm a big MCU fan, but I think it's super unhealthy to gatekeep or obsess over a certain franchise, character, or actor/actress to an extreme degree. I just checked out Twitter recently, and it made me think it might have been better if Strange and Wanda didn't have to "share" his next movie. Wanda stans acting like idiots and Strange stans retaliating with even dumber comments (if that were possible). And I'm not even including the annoying Daredevil and Loki stans behaving obnoxiously on social media as well. I think movies like the MoM, Thor 4, Black Panther 2 and Echo could be REALLY divisive and polarizing among the MCU fandom. Somehow I doubt She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Armor Wars will have this problem. How many Banner, Fury and Rhodey stans are out there? I hope Feige ignores the stans on various social networks and focuses on the general moviegoing audience more. I think Marvel Studios is leaning too far in trying to please the "geek/nerd community."
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-07-2022 at 10:49 AM.