Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I ended up finishing last year with 191 movies last year. I was just really bad with updating my list. Maybe I can make that my goal this year... Thanks for continuing to run this! Also, I will be borrowing the format from Mr. Met which will help me keep things organized.

My goals for this year:

1) Watch 200 movies
    2) Watch 125 New Movies
    3) Watch 25 Foreign Movies
    4) Complete a 52-Week Criterion Challenge
    5) Complete at least one Five For Five Director Challenge

1. Movie #1 / New Movie #1: The Lost Daughter (2021) - I think I liked this film academically more than I actually enjoyed it. It's a solid directorial debut by Maggie Gyllenhaal, but I don't think the script is up to the level of the direction and performances by Olivia Coleman and Jessie Buckley. It's definitely a Rorschach test of a film where you can view the film through two separate lenses depending on your perspective. That was super cool, but I don't think it held up narratively. 7/10

2. Movie #2: Shiva Baby (2021) - Re-watched with my wife as it was a quick one before bed. I think this is great, especially as a debut feature. It's a great film about power dynamics and how power can shift between people as conversations go on. 9/10
    Last edited by C_Miller; 01-05-2022 at 10:01 AM.