Page 38 of 238 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Leaked Rumors and may be not true, with a fan art on the concept, but thought I would share anyways, of MCU Namor

source

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOL. Also WHY haven't they revealed Namor's outfit yet?! I'm telling you this is so weird because we get literally everyone else's costumes way ahead of the published date with previews and everything but when it comes to Namor it's silence??? Whoever it is at Marvel that keeps delaying Namor stuff must hate him very much. There is just no other explanation about the way Marvel constantly denies Namor fans anything important and just toss out scraps for us.
    I suspect that Bachalo has yet to actually draw the cover.

We got everyone else's cover, because they were actually excited to draw those characters. Bachalo was a weird choice, as he's more known for slyph like gal art -- he doesn't draw gorgeous guys. I think the only time he's ever drawn Namor was in the background for the Phoenix 5.

But yes, the fact that Marvel hasn't pushed for the cover, and was fine leaving him completely out of the giant release of EVERY SINGLE OTHER cover, and hasn't teased or followed up about the cover, just shows how little Marvel cares for Namor. Just watch. They are going to tout the low sales of Namor's variant cover (IF it actually appears) to the character, instead of to the fact that they completely blew the FOC deadline, or that have ZERO push on Namor in any articles about the Hellfire variant covers. Not to mention, if you didn't ask your LCBS to order it, I doubt they'll get extra of a cover they haven't seen.

Makes me SO mad. The only thing that will make me madder is if we don't get a cover at all, or if it is half-a$$ and crappy, because the artist rushed it. I feel a letter / rant to the X-Office coming on.

As usual, it will be left to Namor fans to do what Marvel won't.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Leaked Rumors and may be not true, with a fan art on the concept, but thought I would share anyways, of MCU Namor

source

I think they need a little more blur on that second pic. ;p

Noooooooo! NOT the goatee!!!! ugh.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Noooot a fan. Art is fine, but the concept.

That blurry tease tho.

I just wish they would give us a teaser or something, I want to see what the Atlanteans are like, also take this link with a grain of salt, but more rumors of the nature of the movie/atlanteans/wakanda and plot, don't read if you don't want potential spoilers. link

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I suspect that Bachalo has yet to actually draw the cover.

We got everyone else's cover, because they were actually excited to draw those characters. Bachalo was a weird choice, as he's more known for slyph like gal art -- he doesn't draw gorgeous guys. I think the only time he's ever drawn Namor was in the background for the Phoenix 5.

But yes, the fact that Marvel hasn't pushed for the cover, and was fine leaving him completely out of the giant release of EVERY SINGLE OTHER cover, and hasn't teased or followed up about the cover, just shows how little Marvel cares for Namor. Just watch. They are going to tout the low sales of Namor's variant cover (IF it actually appears) to the character, instead of to the fact that they completely blew the FOC deadline, or that have ZERO push on Namor in any articles about the Hellfire variant covers. Not to mention, if you didn't ask your LCBS to order it, I doubt they'll get extra of a cover they haven't seen.

Makes me SO mad. The only thing that will make me madder is if we don't get a cover at all, or if it is half-a$$ and crappy, because the artist rushed it. I feel a letter / rant to the X-Office coming on.

As usual, it will be left to Namor fans to do what Marvel won't.
    This sabotage of the character is so tiring, like we as fans want to spend our money! Marvel constantly undermines Namor.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

source

It looks like he has his footy wings, which is all that I need

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm hesitant to say Yay to this because I'm worried that unlike with Wakanda there may be major push back if the idea us that Atlantis had anything to do with the history of South America culture or engineering.

Also I do not want him to be a one snd done villain.

I'm kind of amazed they went with the trunks to be honest. In a good way .

Guess they want to outdo Momoa in terms of male fanservice .

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Noooot a fan. Art is fine, but the concept.

That blurry tease tho.
    The blur is ridiculous. If someone wanted to leak the costume, why would they blur it like that?

I've not been a big fan of the concept since the rumors started.

I just wish they would give us a teaser or something, I want to see what the Atlanteans are like, also take this link with a grain of salt, but more rumors of the nature of the movie/atlanteans/wakanda and plot, don't read if you don't want potential spoilers. link
    Is there an English translation?

I don't understand why Feige is playing coy if it is Namor and the Atlanteans. It's part of the reason why I don't think it's Namor and the Atlanteans.

This sabotage of the character is so tiring, like we as fans want to spend our money! Marvel constantly undermines Namor.
    It's beyond tiring. Especially when they then try to tell us that Namor can't support a book, after they've done everything possible to make sure he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It looks like he has his footy wings, which is all that I need
    Well, one of the picks has the footy wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I'm hesitant to say Yay to this because I'm worried that unlike with Wakanda there may be major push back if the idea us that Atlantis had anything to do with the history of South America culture or engineering.

Also I do not want him to be a one snd done villain.
    I've said from the beginning that an Mayan / Aztec connection with Atlantis is problematic. And are they really going to have a war between Africans and Hispanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of amazed they went with the trunks to be honest. In a good way .

Guess they want to outdo Momoa in terms of male fanservice .
    It is going to be hard to outdo Momoa fanservice. ; p
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-22-2022 at 10:22 PM.

I hope this movie doesn’t suck and they nail the essence of Namor I’ll be happy…

I don't understand why Feige is playing coy if it is Namor and the Atlanteans. It's part of the reason why I don't think it's Namor and the Atlanteans.

It's beyond tiring. Especially when they then try to tell us that Namor can't support a book, after they've done everything possible to make sure he can't.

I've said from the beginning that an Mayan / Aztec connection with Atlantis is problematic. And are they really going to have a war between Africans and Hispanics?
    I used my web browser to "translate page to english" I'm not sure if it works on mobile, maybe try a browser that can translate?

I really DONT want an atlantis/wakanda war, like im really hoping we can avoid that totally.

Marvel is always blaming the character instead of themselves and their terrible non existent promos. ):

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I hope this movie doesn’t suck and they nail the essence of Namor I’ll be happy…
    We were having a discussion on what consituted the essence of Namor earlier. I'm not sure if this makes it for me. But we'll see once some official information is released, instead of all these rumors and "leaks."

I used my web browser to "translate page to english" I'm not sure if it works on mobile, maybe try a browser that can translate?

I really DONT want an atlantis/wakanda war, like im really hoping we can avoid that totally.

Marvel is always blaming the character instead of themselves and their terrible non existent promos. ):
    Ah, okay. I can do the Google Translate ... will probably do so tomorrow. Have to get some sleep tonite.

Bring on the Mesoamerican Badassness

The blur is ridiculous. If someone wanted to leak the costume, why would they blur it like that?

I've not been a big fan of the concept since the rumors started.

Well, one of the picks has the footy wings.

It is going to be hard to outdo Momoa fanservice. ; p
    The Mayans and Aztecs aren’t Hispanics, they’re Indigenous. And i for one cannot wait to see the Jaguar and Eagle warriors on the big screen! Mesoamerican and African aesthetics! Man I stay winning!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I don't see why it would be problematic? Historically people of color have and do fight, so I don't see what's the issue?

Also connecting Atlantis to Mesoamerica is pretty cool since most theories place it in the Atlantic ocean so an Ancient Aztec/Mayan island civilization in the middle of the Atlantic makes sense to me.