Page 104 of 238 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    NP!

Wait till you see the ones I'm getting from R E D bubble.
    Please share when you get them!

Interesting rumor that Universal's distribution rights to Hulk might be limited and expiring ... like next year. I'm not sure this is the correct interpretation of the info, but it still makes one wonder about Namor's distribution rights. The SEC filing is interesting, if dry reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._from_old_sec/
    Ohhh interesting, maybe a Namor solo movie isn't as hopeless as we thought it might be? The most I was hoping for was a tv series with a high budget or something like that in the media side of things.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

There's been some Namor fanarts in Invaders for the Invaders Week event and here's one of them! everything else is on the Fyeahinvaders blog, art by drachen-katze

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow. That's some great action poses! Of course we are missing the last one where ultra flexible Namor kicks backwards and hits Hammond in the back of the head. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm making my Top Ten ACTUAL Namor Stories list and am discovering that I really liked Gerry Conway's Namor.

These arcs / stories need names.

In no particular order:

1. The Quest
    2. The "Betrayal"
    3. Suma-Ket
    4. Serpent Crown (Subby 9+)
    5. The Entire Atlas Era
    6. GA Origin Story / Meeting Betty Dean
    7. GA Namor vs Torch
    8. Subby # 8
    9. Subby #50
    10. Subby #56
    11. Search for Leonard MacKenzie
    12. Introducing Tiger Shark! (Subby 5+)
    13. Subby 20 or Doom Masque
    14. Llyra to Death of Dorma
    15. Marvel Snapshots
    16. Mignola's Pirate Namor story
    17. Jim Lee's Namor story
    18. Invaders arc by Byrne
    19. Invaders by Zdarsky
    20. Titans Three or Day of Defenders
    21. Prince Namor by DeMatteis
    22. Strange Tales: Man-Thing #7 & #8
    23. Daredevil #7
    24. FF #9 or FF Annual #1
    25. Avengers #262

I feel like I've left stuff out, but clearly need to do some paring down. LO
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Those are wonderful choices and many of my choices are there XD I've never put them in any kind of order before but I will have to think on it, 25 isn't alot! Not when there is like over 1000 comics that Namor shows up in!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Those are wonderful choices and many of my choices are there XD I've never put them in any kind of order before but I will have to think on it, 25 isn't alot! Not when there is like over 1000 comics that Namor shows up in!
    Well, it is supposed to be TEN, and I was trying to stay away from non-Namor books, since that ridiculous list at Screenrant was only non-Namor books. I only did four that weren't Namor books, but they are pretty classic.

But yes, I'd love to see other folks lists and see if there's some sort of consensus.

This list is def not everything, lol, but like JUST talking comic arcs as in more than one issue arcs for a story that focus on/revolve around Namor:

1. Suma-Ket/Artys-Gran
    2. Quest for the Trident
    3. Sub-Mariner (2007)

1. I really feel this is a very impactful arc, if it had slightly cleaner/better art it would be regarded as a classic by more people and as much as I love Jae Lee, his early work is very rough, there's some great art moments, I will forever love his impact with Fen's style/headdress but he was a new artist trying to keep up with a trend of the time, and some of the art is hard to look at. It took me a long time to actually appreciate this arc because of it until I did a few more rereads and figured out why it was bothering me so much. Now it's my no. 1 arc because it is a great Epic Dark Fantasy.

2. This is Classic Sub-Mariner, it's a great arc and really lays the foundation for Namor's character going forward as a Noble Prince of the Sea. I would love to see someone retell this story in any of Namor's current comics because I do love when newer comics reference older stuff and seeing a flashback of this arc would be nice.

3. I really think this arc doesn't get enough love, like put aside Kamar (bc I really do not think Namor would murder his son, not when he's given his worst enemies more leniency in the past) it's a really intense arc about secrets in the Atlantean Court and tensions between Namor and the Surface World/American government, and Namor navigating through all of this and finding out who his allies and enemies are, its one of my most favorite comic series. As an arc it's very favorable towards showing Namor's character as a Noble but realistic Prince who is trying to hold together his people in times of turmoil.

I'm making my Top Ten ACTUAL Namor Stories list and am discovering that I really liked Gerry Conway's Namor.
    LOL! I love Conway's sense of humor (XD)
    These arcs / stories need names.

In no particular order:

1. The Quest
    2. The "Betrayal"
    3. Suma-Ket
    4. Serpent Crown (Subby 9+)
    5. The Entire Atlas Era
    6. GA Origin Story / Meeting Betty Dean
    7. GA Namor vs Torch
    8. Subby # 8
    9. Subby #50
    10. Subby #56
    11. Search for Leonard MacKenzie
    12. Introducing Tiger Shark! (Subby 5+)
    13. Subby 20 or Doom Masque
    14. Llyra to Death of Dorma
    15. Marvel Snapshots
    16. Mignola's Pirate Namor story
    17. Jim Lee's Namor story
    18. Invaders arc by Byrne
    19. Invaders by Zdarsky
    20. Titans Three or Day of Defenders
    21. Prince Namor by DeMatteis
    22. Strange Tales: Man-Thing #7 & #8
    23. Daredevil #7
    24. FF #9 or FF Annual #1
    25. Avengers #262
    OMG! One of my all-time favorites. So happy you included "Many Brave Hearts..." (XD)
    I feel like I've left stuff out, but clearly need to do some paring down. LO
    LOL! You bet you have!! Don't forget all the appearances Namor had in...

Super-Villain Team-Up
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-17-2022 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

OMG! One of my all-time favorites. So happy you included "Many Brave Hearts..." (XD)

LOL! You bet you have!! Don't forget all the appearances Namor had in...

Super-Villain Team-Up
    I do love Super-Villain Team-Up, but it is an uneven run, with multiple artists AND writers. And that was a GREAT ending. But I could pick the first arc where Betty Dean gets killed. : (

Of course! Avengers 262 is a GREAT issue and features The Gift! How could I not include it.

LOL! Talking to that blue APE! No wonder Namor and Beast don't get along now. This was similar to Avengers 4, however, in that Namor didn't immediately recognize The Whizzer! I did love that story, though.

In the Subby book, however, Conway is very angsty. I LOVED that.

I do love Super-Villain Team-Up, but it is an uneven run, with multiple artists AND writers. And that was a GREAT ending. But I could pick the first arc where Betty Dean gets killed. : (

Of course! Avengers 262 is a GREAT issue and features The Gift! How could I not include it.

LOL! Talking to that blue APE! No wonder Namor and Beast don't get along now. This was similar to Avengers 4, however, in that Namor didn't immediately recognize The Whizzer! I did love that story, though.

In the Subby book, however, Conway is very angsty. I LOVED that.
    Avengers 262, if memory serves, Namor fights Hercules, right? Is it over a bedroom that Monica is showing Namor? I seem to remember something like he picks the room presently (and pastly) occupied by Hercules, but I might be getting the issues mixed up, lol.

As to the Whizzer not being recognized, I did think that odd, until I learned that...Whizzer used to wear a different blue and yellow costume originally. I think it might have had a blue cape. Later retconned plots and created stories would show Whizzer in the costume posted above by K7P5V as the classic Whizzer costume, but perhaps at the time of this story, Namor really had not seen this one? Just a thought...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks again for posting this, K7P5V! You know how much I love that story arc, the artwork and the coloring. Just brilliant!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Avengers 262, if memory serves, Namor fights Hercules, right? Is it over a bedroom that Monica is showing Namor? I seem to remember something like he picks the room presently (and pastly) occupied by Hercules, but I might be getting the issues mixed up, lol.

As to the Whizzer not being recognized, I did think that odd, until I learned that...Whizzer used to wear a different blue and yellow costume originally. I think it might have had a blue cape. Later retconned plots and created stories would show Whizzer in the costume posted above by K7P5V as the classic Whizzer costume, but perhaps at the time of this story, Namor really had not seen this one? Just a thought...
    Was he wearing a different costume? I'll have to look. The yellow one is the one I've always seen, but granted, that's mostly been in the post Golden Age era.

No, 262 was where Namor is asked to join the Avengers. It takes place after DeMatteis' mini-series where Namor has been deposed and he's depressed. Herc decides to cheer him up by giving him The Gift!!! Which of course, is a big old fight. LOL! But yes, he and Namor repeatedly clashed during their time on the Avengers together. It was great fun!

Was he wearing a different costume? I'll have to look. The yellow one is the one I've always seen, but granted, that's mostly been in the post Golden Age era.

No, 262 was where Namor is asked to join the Avengers. It takes place after DeMatteis' mini-series where Namor has been deposed and he's depressed. Herc decides to cheer him up by giving him The Gift!!! Which of course, is a big old fight. LOL! But yes, he and Namor repeatedly clashed during their time on the Avengers together. It was great fun!
    I seem to remember in #263 (next issue), the Avengers are looking underwater (and find Jean Grey!) in a metal capsule. Namor cannot make headway towards the capsule but Hercules can, which angered Namor and didn't make sense to me b/c Namor should have done better underwater. But at that time, perhaps he was weaker than now? I think now they say Namor is 100 tons while wet/underwater? But I remember an early Avengers issue where Namor held the team off with Hercules quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Correct, Reviresco! Herc' giving "The Gift" to Namor was in #262, while the switching of bedrooms happened in #263

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-17-2022 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Yes! Another classic page from that run. Thanks for posting it!