Page 34 of 238 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's odd because Marvel just relaunched Savage Avengers with a new creative team in April

It isn't officially announced by Marvel, but it is what Bleeding Cool is reporting.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cona...marvel-comics/

Not sure what it means for Savage Avengers, or all the collections they are releasing, though BC seems to think those are still possible. I'm not sure how, but???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

having just watched Dr. Strange 2, I can honestly say I feel the MCU has officially worn out their welcome and is just running on fumes. It was an ENTIRE movie that was filler from previous films and series and teases for next films.
    I have no desire to see Namor dragged into the MCU whatsoever.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Sooooo, it appears that Marvel is losing the Conan license. Which leaves the door open for Namor to step in as THE Sword and Sorcery title. Now if ONLY someone at Marvel realizes this.
    *prepares to wave banners saying "Go Namor Go!"*

I do hope this opens a door for a long running Namor comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    having just watched Dr. Strange 2, I can honestly say I feel the MCU has officially worn out their welcome and is just running on fumes. It was an ENTIRE movie that was filler from previous films and series and teases for next films.
    *nervousness about Namor appearing in the mcu intensifies*

Honestly I've been over the mcu since 2015ish, killing off Quicksilver and the way they handled the Maximoff Twins was the nail in the coffin for me. I still enjoy one or two movies but those are the ones that usually have nothing else to do with the MCU and are self contained. All we can pray for is that Marvel wakes up and gives Namor some attention if he gets into the movies. ):
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    *nervousness about Namor appearing in the mcu intensifies*

Honestly I've been over the mcu since 2015ish, killing off Quicksilver and the way they handled the Maximoff Twins was the nail in the coffin for me. I still enjoy one or two movies but those are the ones that usually have nothing else to do with the MCU and are self contained. All we can pray for is that Marvel wakes up and gives Namor some attention if he gets into the movies. ):
    I enjoyed Dr. Strange 2 for what it was, as well as the character. I thought it was different in that it had those horror elements, but there WAS alot of fanservice and connection to other movies / shows. I'm cool with that, cause that's part of the reason why I like comics. That said, it was NOT a stand alone movie. Also, the Illuminati was a total waste. Still think it proves there will be no Namor in the MCU anytime soon.

I think you do have approach the MCU as something that can do ... less than good things for your favorites. I'm sure Namor will be trashed IF he shows up, especially in a BP movie. Like I said, I think he will be unrecognizable to Namor fans. For the most part I think we've been willing to make that devil's bargain, for the chance to have more comic content. But the more I think about this, with full Namor fan cynicism, I think we might get the monkey paw on that. I mean, the comics have no qualm about tossing out an established characterization to push the movie synergy. I REALLY don't want to see that happen at all.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I mean we get that anyways Rev, just look at Aaron's avengers, it's appalling! That's without the MCU. It would all come down to the writer and artist they choose for whatever Namor book. But it really does feel like a monkey paw.

However, fans do want a Namor book, BackintheBronzeAge put a poll out the other day and Namor won

*prepares to wave banners saying "Go Namor Go!"*

I do hope this opens a door for a long running Namor comic!
    So say we all!!! {waves banners}

I mean we get that anyways Rev, just look at Aaron's avengers, it's appalling! That's without the MCU. It would all come down to the writer and artist they choose for whatever Namor book. But it really does feel like a monkey paw.

However, fans do want a Namor book, BackintheBronzeAge put a poll out the other day and Namor won
    Yes, Namor's character is trashed in Aaron's book, to benefit other characters, but he's at least recognizable. He's still bi-racial. He's still an underwater Atlantean. He's still an outsider.

Interesting poll! 800+ is a decent number of participants and that would make ... roughly 320 who would buy a Namor book. I have to agree with Busiek's assessment. Thomas, Big John and Sal Buscema, and Marie Severin -- chef's kiss!

We are never going to get a good Namor MCU appearance, cause everyone but Marvel realizes how awesome Namor and his world are.

Blue water people with an ecological gripe! sigh

We are never going to get a good Namor MCU appearance, cause everyone but Marvel realizes how awesome Namor and his world are.

): It's always baffling how Marvel won't capitalize on Namor's world and expand it.

I went to see Dr Strange on Sunday, and all I could think about while watching that trailer was, look what they could do with Namor if they just wanted to.
    Last edited by Doombot; 05-16-2022 at 07:07 PM.

I went to see Dr Strange on Sunday, and all I could think about while watching that trailer was, look what they could do with Namor if they just wanted to.
    )':

I'm not even hyped for this movie but I'm still gonna watch it but I wish someone would treat Namor and his world like this, just all the movies and good plots.

): It's always baffling how Marvel won't capitalize on Namor's world and expand it.
    It is beyond baffling to me. Especially when I see / hear what Marvel IS pushing.

Exactly.

Well, and wanted to spend a few extra bucks. LOL

Maybe that's part of it, but it would be totally worth it! Instead, everyone and their uncle is doing an underwater movie with some really cool visuals.

)':

I'm not even hyped for this movie but I'm still gonna watch it but I wish someone would treat Namor and his world like this, just all the movies and good plots.
    I wasn't that interested, either, but then I saw the trailer.

Taking a break from whining to share a nice Patrick Zircher Tiger Shark!

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...DNbkjG30XEgVsQ

I haven't seen it online, but apparently Marvel has issued a statement about the Conan loss. Sadly, Marvel will continue to ignore someone who could easily be a great and unique Sword and Sorcery character ... he even wears about as much as Conan!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ories-for-now/

That Tigershark art is amazing!!!

yeah, marvel really needs to put more fantasy back into their comics imo, and less space sci fi, like sci fi is fine and good, but like compare how many things in marvel are that vs pure fantasy and they really need a cornerstone in that genre which Namor could be.

Okay, found it!

It was in the Indestructible Hulk #4 and #5 by Mark Waid

I've always liked Attuma as being a nice foe for both Namor and the World in general. Does anyone know of any decent Attuma stories?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!