Page 141 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    maybe it might be linked to Spanish Conquistadors yelling it while trying to conquer Mexico and Namor appropriating it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I can't imagine this Namor uttering a latin (or faux latin) phrase, but those shirts have really mades things a bit of a headscratcher.
    It is odd. But then there's also the shirt that says, "My enemies call me Namor" -- which would make sense since the name Namor isn't exactly Mayan, either. So it maybe that Namor uses the language of the people he's fighting?

I'm also getting the idea that this Namor may be older than the comic Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namor looks worried. A tease from Pasqual Ferry.

https://twitter.com/PasqualFerry/sta...s2RSV_5V_4fYMw
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    With how much it's being hyped up, it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel gave Coogler the go ahead for a solo Namor movie, like at this point there is no way that the rights aren't back with Marvel/MCU for Namor and Hulk. Universal hasn't ever made a Namor movie in all the time they had the rights and Marvel would not be investing so much into the Talocans if they didn't think this would be another Franchise like Black Panther/Wakanda. I do wonder what the third Black Panther movie would be about if they make one. I'm very excited to see the rest of the cast in the movie but I'm def more excited for Namor than anything else, lol.
    Ok replying here to add this link which talks about the Namor movie rights and it seems I was right, they are in the clear now at least from what I can tell with this article but still would love to see it verified somewhere else too.
    I have the same hope. And I know there were franchise rumors going around even before Namor's presence was confirmed.

As for the rights ... I've long said that the big hold up on Namor's rights was the desire of Feige or the powers that be at Marvel Studios to untangle them. You see how they got the Hulk's rights untangled so they could use him. Ditto Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Namor has always been an unstoppable force that requires something different to stop him.

I'm fine with these:
    1) someone intervenes like when the Fanastic Four saved Shuri from being killed by Namor
    2) Namor spares Shuri for her courage or she was protecting her subjects
    3) the rumoured third party involvement , Namor and Shuri teams up

He gets it, I believe our king is in good hands.

and Killmonger is a B tier at best. Namor would definitely steal the show.
    I could definitely live with any of those three.

Now there's a rumor going around that there will be multiple Black Panthers and that's how Namor gets taken out. Hmmm

Keeping my fingers crossed that Coogler lives up to his interviews, which does make me feel the same, that Namor could be in good hands with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Doombot is right. I'm a T'Challa fan and only Namor is really holding my interest. In fact this whole ordeal has pushed me towards liking the character more.
    I feel robbed of seeing them interact.

Thats why I said I'm curious where Namor is at the end of the movie.

Im actually leaning towards Attuma having an interaction or secretly being involved with Doom. So would Namor be next seen in Fantastic Four or would they wait until Kang Dynasty.
    Good point on how the movie ends for Namor. I hope they do give Attuma an expanded role. Have they announced dates for either the FF or Kang Dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I'd prefer for Namor to be kept til Kang/Secret Wars/Next Big Crossover.
    *edit: ohh yes if it comes to that, show an alternate Namor more faithful to the comics for a scene or two

a disney plus show on Talocan to add more lore and focus on Namora or other Talocanians in between that
    THIS is what we really need. A D+ show. I seriously doubt they answer all our questions in the Wakanda Forever movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    See I think waiting till 2025 would be a mistake though. Gotta keep him actively involved. Have him pop up elsewhere to make it organic for when he shows up in that film

T'Challa was in Civil War, Black Panther and Infinity War. Even though I dont think they were prepared for the success of the character they were ready to have him in other projects. I think Namor needs to be in something else before Kang Dynasty.
    Good point. But I'm not sure where that could happen. Secret Invasion? Oh, they could bring in Sting Ray and Namor in Armor Wars!

More like haggard. <being kind> or tired. I do love it. This is your father's father's Namor.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Comics, a Movie, Merch! What a great time to be a Namor fan

I keep rewatching that trailer, Namor in action is amazing but also I love the scene with him painting too. I have so many questions and it's gonna kill me to wait until november, ah well I can wait for my new purchases to come in. I am just so excited for this movie!!!

(thanks for the link Rev!)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I'm also getting the idea that this Namor may be older than the comic Namor.
    We were talking about this back when the teaser hit. Those scenes of the hacienda really do seem to suggest a much older origin, by maybe even a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    We were talking about this back when the teaser hit. Those scenes of the hacienda really do seem to suggest a much older origin, by maybe even a century.
    Yeah. I think you may be right.

I'm still waiting to see the tech part of the costumes that they created for Namor and the Talocans. Like I said before, maybe that spear (and the breathing masks) are the only remotely tech thing I've seen.

Comics, a Movie, Merch! What a great time to be a Namor fan

I keep rewatching that trailer, Namor in action is amazing but also I love the scene with him painting too. I have so many questions and it's gonna kill me to wait until november, ah well I can wait for my new purchases to come in. I am just so excited for this movie!!!

(thanks for the link Rev!)
    No problem. Happy to share.

Yes, I'm no longer counting how many times I've watched these trailers.

Oh yes, it IS a pretty good time to be a Namor fan. We've only waited decades. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    More like haggard. <being kind> or tired. I do love it. This is your father's father's Namor.
    He's like 200! ;p

He looks sad. Very world weary.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He's like 200! ;p

He looks sad. Very world weary.
    Just don't call him...Old Man Namor! (at least not to his face!)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

At least he looks better than that horrible creature from Major X

namor in major x.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

namor in major x.jpg
    This one must be 600 years old!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Just don't call him...Old Man Namor! (at least not to his face!)
    Good lord no. I'd rather go with the Dark Knight Returns Namor. ;p

namor in major x.jpg
    Oh lord. Why are you ambushing me with that ugliness? Any second now, Iron Maiden is going pull out that awful Maleev Bendis Namor. LOL!