Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
Wait, what? What do you mean anymore? When did we ever get Namor stories that were just in the ocean away from the superheroes of the surface? Even during the Silver Age and 90's run when we did get underwater stories, Namor is always dragged back to surface stories.

There's a reason the concept of Atlantis, where it is, what it looks like, who lives there are all kind of vague and nebulous, it's because we never get to spend any amount of time there.

I have nothing against Namor having relationships with surface women, it's that it's way past time we get relationships with characters that actually live in Namor's world. Also, I have no problem with Namor being polyamorous, I'm quite sure he is. I always would mind him having, not just multiple relationships, but multiple wives. He's the ruler of an ancient undersea empire, he could have many wives, even a harem, and it wouldn't be out of character. I'm also sure Namor would love every one of them.
Yes he would!

We've gotten arcs that stayed underwater, like Stan Lee's the Quest and the Harras and Lee Suma-Ket arc. Roy Thomas would do stories underwater, but it was definitely interspersed with forays on the surface world. Alot of the DeMateis mini-series was underwater, but it was all motivated by an airbreather. But yes, Marvel definitely believes that Namor HAS to mostly interact with the surface world or readers won't be interested. Which, IMO, is entirely bogus.

I didn't think about that, but that's true. We don't spend enough time in Atlantis to get any details.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
But you have to understand that Namor is also the "fish out of water" amongst his own people. It's kind of central to who he is as a character. He doesn't fit in anywhere. You can explore this concept with him regardless of the location of the story.
This! That's why I've said, the MCU Namor isn't going to be Namor if he isn't bi-racial, and the perpetual outsider.