Page 130 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3557

I do remember that Mignola story, it has loose elements from the Little Mermaid, the Sea Hag/Witch etc. Good story.

In regards to the manta bit from Subby 33, I don't at all mind something like that, at least the idea of it. Something that's an ancient ritual, something ceremonial or traditional that is being adhered to. Though, going all the way to the mid pacific is quite a stretch. Unless he wanted to make that trip over like 100 days.

I have been meaning to ask you wise Namor expert guys/gals if any of you know about or can answer these questions, please. Thank you in advance.

The Squadron Supreme added a member in the '70's with the Serpent Crown story called Amphibian also known as Kingsley Rice. He once mentioned his mother's "human heritage", but nothing about his father. I cannot seem to find much on him.

Is he from an underwater nation that we have seen in Namor?
    Has he ever been mentioned in Namor's books?
    Has he ever been seen swimming or in background shots of Namor supporters or foes? Working for or against Atlantis?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I do hope we get the Atlantean Flagship at some point, or even Alex Ross's mechanical crabs from MARVELS
    Oh hai, Wakanda

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yea Im not saying the criticisms are invalid. Its just they'll be those using it to prop the content they put out.

Personally, I feel Marvel was put into a tough spot because Aquaman handled Atlantis so well that they feared the instant comparisons or be an Atlantis light situation. So they changed things while still hoping to capture the spirit and honesty of the comics and Namor.

Its all about execution. If they nail it then it should be fine. But yes be leery of "new long time fans" is all Im saying.
    Yeah, I've already seen the claim of "Long Time Namor Fans" making waves (ha pun) and I'm mostly like: lol, ok so where were you all these years? did you support Namor's comics? I'm honestly still shocked Namor is going to be in a movie because I thought it was all over for us when Aquaman came out and thought Marvel if they ever did anything with the Atlanteans they would replace Namor with Attuma like they did in the cartoon. Everyone will have criticism of the movie, but I'm hoping it will be a good showing for Namor and finally drives home to Marvel that Namor does have the potentail all Namor fans know he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ah, yes, the fans who have literally never read a Namor comic. They've might have read him in other comics, like, god forbid, Aaron's Avengers, but they've never read anything where he was the protagonist.

I don't feel criticisms are valid IF they are supported by wrong information, or if they know little about the character. Then, IMO, they are just using them as an excuse.

Marvel put itself in a tough spot with Aquaman, because they ceded the entire underwater genre to DC over a decade ago. DC and Geoff Johns built up Aquaman for years, while Marvel practically forgot Namor existed. They could have used Namor in the MCU in the first Captain America movie, or Agent Carter, or done a TV series, but like the comics, Feige completely ignored the character. It is so very frustrating.
    Marvel shot themselves in the foot decades ago. Namor has so much potential and they never cared to see it grow. All those "Long time Namor fan" popping up now are very annoying and the least they could do is not argue about in canon facts. I still see people saying Namor is copying Aquaman *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    No one uses a camel that has any other option lol. Jokes aside, I do understand what you're saying, and I think many people have this view about fantasy worlds, certainly by judging how many creators can't resist doing it just in Namor books alone, but I don't feel it fits the type of fantasy world that I see/feel Atlantis should be. I'd much rather Atlantis be some mix between Barsoom of the John Carter books mixed with bits of Blade Runner/Cyberpunk, rather than Greco-Roman antiquity or medieval Lord of the Rings. I'd much rather have stories of Namor and Atlanteans interacting and protecting wildlife over riding them into battle or using them as beasts of burden.

I've had lots of story ideas about Namor needing to interact with animals from needing to seek out and get information from the last giant Stellar's Sea Cow that still exists in the Arctic Sea, or a sort of Moby Dick story where humans vessels are being attacked buy a huge sperm whale in the Atlantic, which Atlantis is being blamed for, that turns out to be the ghost slaughtered whales during the age of whaling, and another of Namor having to seek out the "King of Fish" which is a massive grouper, which lives surrounded by a school of smaller fish and Namor has to converse with in a somewhat similar way to the talking school of fish in Finding Nemo. Also, Namor always refers to these more fantasical ancient animals as "Grandmother" or "Grandfather".

There needs to be more animals in Sub-Mariner stories for sure, just not in the way of like using sea turtles as surfboards or whatever.
    Your ideas are interesting! I think Namor: Conquered Shores will be much more cyberpunk future feeling that I think you are talking about Doombot! I think what I like most about the animals in Namor's world is they don't talk like the way Aquaman's talk, but I do think what we need more of is Mer Folk, I want more mermaids and mermen. lol
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have been meaning to ask you wise Namor expert guys/gals if any of you know about or can answer these questions, please. Thank you in advance.

The Squadron Supreme added a member in the '70's with the Serpent Crown story called Amphibian also known as Kingsley Rice. He once mentioned his mother's "human heritage", but nothing about his father. I cannot seem to find much on him.

Has he ever been seen swimming or in background shots of Namor supporters or foes? Working for or against Atlantis?
    Rev will probably have a more definitive answer, but I'm pretty sure the character was never in a Subby book.

Talk about the Namor imagery! Lol, there have been many Namor type of knock offs

Squadron.jpg

Here is the character's wiki I think he looks different in the Defenders issues he appears in? more human looking, or maybe thats a different version of the character. I can't recall since its been a while since I picked up Defenders but I don't recall seeing him in any Namor centeric comics

Oh hai, Wakanda

That is so impressive!

Rev will probably have a more definitive answer, but I'm pretty sure the character was never in a Subby book.
    Ok, thanks!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Talk about the Namor imagery! Lol, there have been many Namor type of knock offs

Squadron.jpg

Here is the character's wiki I think he looks different in the Defenders issues he appears in? more human looking, or maybe thats a different version of the character. I can't recall since its been a while since I picked up Defenders but I don't recall seeing him in any Namor centeric comics
    Thanks, IW!

Oh my, that is not the neat-looking human-appearing character I saw, lol! What happened to him? I will have to read that Wiki as with the red hair, I am sure that is him. He looked nothing like this in the Defenders, he had an ugly orange and blue? costume, but perhaps he is some Atlantean-Human monster hybrid?

Thanks, IW!

Oh my, that is not the neat-looking human-appearing character I saw, lol! What happened to him? I will have to read that Wiki as with the red hair, I am sure that is him. He looked nothing like this in the Defenders, he had an ugly orange and blue? costume, but perhaps he is some Atlantean-Human monster hybrid?
    You're welcome, Wiki also has character appearances, it says here 25. I def think its the same guy since he was in defenders too, looking as you described.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Amphibian normally looks like this. He's a take on Aquaman, obviously.

Apparently, the more time he spends in the water, his appearance changes to the more creature like and his costume looks more like Namor's. LOL!

There's also this female version from Straczynski's run.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

He's not a 616 character, but from the SS's universe, where I believe he's a human mutant. And nope, he's never been in Namor's books or mentioned, that I know of.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh hai, Wakanda

I feel that there's some over compensation going on here. ;p

Even though my Hot Topic is frustrating my attempts at Namor Merchandise Looting by not keeping regular hours, other Hot Topics appear to be actually putting out their Namor stuff to sell. Including this official shirt I've never seen before!

"My Enemies Call Me Namor" Hmmmm

Unfortunately, I can't find it on their website to order.

I do remember that Mignola story, it has loose elements from the Little Mermaid, the Sea Hag/Witch etc. Good story.

In regards to the manta bit from Subby 33, I don't at all mind something like that, at least the idea of it. Something that's an ancient ritual, something ceremonial or traditional that is being adhered to. Though, going all the way to the mid pacific is quite a stretch. Unless he wanted to make that trip over like 100 days.
    I know, right? You have to SWIM half way around the world??? WTF? Even as a kid, I thought that was extreme.Maybe it was a tradition whose purpose was to discourage diplomatic missions. LOL!

Yes! It was a cool Hellboy story -- and nice to see Mignola remembering Namor, one of his first art jobs at Marvel.