Page 167 of 238 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Here's a link to the clip!

I'm still waiting on hulu to upload the episode so I can finally watch, lol, but its good to hear its going well!
    We get an example of sitting in the 'shame shorts'. LOL!

The clip seems to validate the rumor that Namor spoilers:
    is actually very old. Like Spanish Conquest old.
    end of spoilers Also it appears it WAS Namor they were talking about when Shuri and Ramonda said, "he's covered in vibranium!" spoilers:
    From what Jimmy Kimmel said, it must have something something to do with Namor's first appearance, which appears to be in Wakanda. I think it may go back to the idea that he can travel through any body of water. And that big glimmering circle we see Namor in the head dress standing in front of, maybe liquid vibranium. That's my theory, at least.
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Here's a link to the clip!

I'm still waiting on hulu to upload the episode so I can finally watch, lol, but its good to hear its going well!
    Goosebumps! He's as calm as Namor could be yet I can feel his impulsive temper is there.
    Tenoch in this short clip has won me over.

I wonder if the 'never leave, never have to change who they were' line will mirror the 616 origin of Atlantis..or if Talocan the mirror opposite of Wakanda
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Fassbender's Magneto pretty much ran away with that movie, and the Nazi hunting scene ... O_O

Really? There still seems alot of people that don't seem to understand that Namor is an Atlantean hero, not a US hero or a Wakandan hero. I guess I'll have to wait and see what exactly they are talking about. With Namor, it's never just a black and white, hero / villain take.
    yep Magneto is their reference for an 'anti-hero' on the screens, the general (and MCU ) audience are'nt really exposed to morally grey heroes.
    Scarlet Witch early on in Wanda Vision I'd say was their first exposure to that (correct me if i'm wrong!)

It's his first appearance any way and by the positive initial reactions/reviews another one appearance will come soon
    D+ show over a movie for me, if they can expand on Talocan and show what Namor means to them, that would be awesome.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Goosebumps! He's as calm as Namor could be yet I can feel his impulsive temper is there.
    Tenoch in this short clip has won me over.

I wonder if the 'never leave, never have to change who they were' line will mirror the 616 origin of Atlantis..or if Talocan the mirror opposite of Wakanda
    Yeah, he's very open at first, but that last line, "my enemies call me Namor," the whole demeanor becomes dangerous.

I'm not sure if it was a leak or a press release or an interview, but I think spoilers:
    Namor's people fled the Spanish invasion by changing into waterbreathers, and left their lands to live underwater. I think that's what Namor is referring to.
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wow, YouTube is now inserting 15-second fandango ads for BP:WF before the videos that I'm watching, but I'm not skipping the ads!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Have I been pronouncing Namor wrong this whole time

This is Shang-Chi all over again

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Have I been pronouncing Namor wrong this whole time

This is Shang-Chi all over again
    LOL! I know what you mean.

However, I think it's more a case of the change to Mesoamerican / Mexican, has resulted in a Spanish pronunciation of Namor. As I've said before, and derived some amusement from, namor means dating in Portuguese. The Romance languages are going to pronounce it like amor, which is a real word, as opposed to Namor's name.

There was an interview with Victoria Alonso in Spanish, where she appeared (I don't speak Spanish) to be revealing something of the character that was a play on the name Namor in Spanish.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-27-2022 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wow, YouTube is now inserting 15-second fandango ads for BP:WF before the videos that I'm watching, but I'm not skipping the ads!
    Yeah, the hype machine will now be on full throttle!

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    yep Magneto is their reference for an 'anti-hero' on the screens, the general (and MCU ) audience are'nt really exposed to morally grey heroes.
    Scarlet Witch early on in Wanda Vision I'd say was their first exposure to that (correct me if i'm wrong!)

It's his first appearance any way and by the positive initial reactions/reviews another one appearance will come soon
    D+ show over a movie for me, if they can expand on Talocan and show what Namor means to them, that would be awesome.
    Interesting. Now that you've mentioned it, if the rumors and hints dropped are true, they might indeed be going for an MCU Magneto template. I'm pretty sure Namor and the Atlanteans are going to have a tragic origin.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't heard a bad review of Tenoch yet.

Back to the half of your post I didn't get to answer as I had to leave my computer ...

You have an excellent point on Virago. I'd hate to have her meet up with Llyra. O_O

But I feel as if her execution was not good in that story. The Beatles thing was just too much for me. That said, we do have an abundance of aquatic lands in other dimensions, like Zephyrland. There's Vodan, the people of the Black Sea ... I think Namora ran into one also, but I can't remember what it was called. I wonder why? I'm sorry, Oberon, I still think they need to shunt Atlantis and the Atlanteans to another dimensions and build everything back up. Then there could be a big event, where it's discovered there's a reason, in part mystical, for the Atlanteans, and the supers need to get them back.
    Great idea, Reviresco! Maybe Kurt Busiek could write that as the sequel for...

The Marvels

Oh yeah. It was the reoccurring thread in SVTU through all the writers. It's why Namor was doing his bidding, IIRC. The last issue was great, because it was drawn by Keith Giffen doing his Kirby riff. Krang was trying to mess up things too. Namor regains his regality and regalia. I'll see if I can find the pic.

That could be interesting. Of course, Doom also resurrected Attuma, and allegedly gave him upgrades, that everyone promptly forgot, as a failsafe against Namor and him falling out again in the Cabal. Yet another plotline that was dropped.
    Found the pic for ya, Reviresco! Truly Epic (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-28-2022 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Interesting. Now that you've mentioned it, if the rumors and hints dropped are true, they might indeed be going for an MCU Magneto template. I'm pretty sure Namor and the Atlanteans are going to have a tragic origin.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't heard a bad review of Tenoch yet.

First Anti-Hero and First Mutant just like in the comics?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

LOL! I know what you mean.

However, I think it's more a case of the change to Mesoamerican / Mexican, has resulted in a Spanish pronunciation of Namor. As I've said before, and derived some amusement from, namor means dating in Portuguese. The Romance languages are going to pronounce it like amor, which is a real word, as opposed to Namor's name.

There was an interview with Victoria Alonso in Spanish, where she appeared (I don't speak Spanish) to be revealing something of the character that was a play on the name Namor in Spanish.
    Coogler does pronounce it as "NAY-MORE" so I think the change you're describing is correct.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great idea, Reviresco! Maybe Kurt Busiek could write that as the sequel for...

The Marvels

Found the pic for ya, Reviresco! Truly Epic (IMHO):

Yes! That's it. I don't know what Doom expected. He treated Namor pretty badly there. And we, his fans, were treated to turbaned elephant riding Namor joining the circus. LOL!

Hmmm. I need to read that series Marvels. Completely different take on Namor and Cap's relationship from Aaron's. It wasn't the God Whisper that Cap is talking about, IIRC. But yes, that's similar to the point I was trying to make. Everyone throws their powerful artifacts or beings into the ocean to 'seal' them away from the surface. And you know the Atlanteans must have some idea of those places if not maintaining them. We saw that in Fear Itself, IIRC, where Namor hid away one of Cul's hammers ... in a shark!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Didn't realize this was a new clip. No Namor, but lots of destruction from Namor and the Talocanil. Basically the Wakandans fighting the Talocanil. M'Baku is fierce!