Page 109 of 238 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

NamorCosplay I know I've said this before but I just love your work, your dedication and skill always shine in every cosplay you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Can I just say that Slott managed to crap on Namor fans with his last issue. I stopped buying his horrible FF run around issue 13 or 15. But when I saw the solicitation for today's issue, which stated Namor was the guest star, I ordered it. I bought it today, only to discover that solicitation was a LIE, and that Namor was NOT in the issue at all!!!!

So. Mad.

Then I actually read the issue. O_O

Maybe it's a good thing Namor wasn't in this mess. But I shouldn't have had to pay $4 for a reminder of why this book is bad, and a big fat NOTHING appearance of my favorite character.
    Personally I'm relieved Namor isn't there but yeah they should have changed that solicit to reflect the changes that were made. I truly think there was a scrapped ending or something with Namor in it but they changed it so that Johnny's troubles were concluded and he was back with the team before the new series launched.

But Rev Namor will be showing up in a team up with Shark Girl! I personally think Namor should be the defacto Water character for any of Marvel's aquatic characters and they should have more team ups with him in everything. I think Triton is still dead but I used to love his and Namor's team up.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

^^^OMG! Didn't realize Triton was no longer with us. But yeah, always enjoyed the Namor/Triton pairing. Hope it gets brought back soon.

LOVE THEM!!!

While we wait for Triton to return from comic death at least Namor will be teaming up/fighting with another water character at coney island, Shark Girl! info

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^OMG! Didn't realize Triton was no longer with us. But yeah, always enjoyed the Namor/Triton pairing. Hope it gets brought back soon.
    The great John Buscema from one of my favorite books! From Subby #3, I believe. For the longest time, it was the oldest Subby book I owned.

Yes, Triton needs to come back! He was sort of an unofficial ambassador from Atlantis to the surface world. I would love to see Namor have a hand in bringing him back and making him a part of the supporting cast.

Though I can do without that retcon of him being like Namor's uncle who knew his mother... and father?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOVE THEM!!!

While we wait for Triton to return from comic death at least Namor will be teaming up/fighting with another water character at coney island, Shark Girl! info

I just saw this!

The creators seem to be very excited, so that's cool. Not sure what's going on, but this will make a second story set on Coney Island for Namor! I wonder if Cordova knew that?

Also, I was reading a bit about Cordova, and it appears that she's a big ocean fan. Her fast book was a YA merman story called The Vicious Deep.

I know nothing of Shark Girl, but I hope they aren't nerfing Namor for her.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yes, Triton needs to come back! He was sort of an unofficial ambassador from Atlantis to the surface world. I would love to see Namor have a hand in bringing him back and making him a part of the supporting cast.
    I (selfishly) want a resurrected Triton to rule a new nation of aquatic and amphibious Inhumans, with Namor acknowledging his sovereignty there. I've mentioned this a number of times in Inhuman threads.
    Though I can do without that retcon of him being like Namor's uncle who knew his mother... and father?
    Agreed. Makes him too old.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Triton is still alive isn't he? At least his wiki entry says so. His last known appearance was just a brief scene of him in Death of the Inhumans #4 (2018). He had been captured by some faction of the Kree. I assume he was rescued along with Crystal at the end of the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Triton is still alive isn't he? At least his wiki entry says so. His last known appearance was just a brief scene of him in Death of the Inhumans #4 (2018). He had been captured by some faction of the Kree. I assume he was rescued along with Crystal at the end of the mini.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Triton_(Earth-616)
    Triton and the Inhumans in Kree captivity were then turned into brainwashed agents of the Kree. When the Inhuman Royal Family launched a final assault against the Kree, Triton and his fellow Inhumans were forced to confront Black Bolt when he entered the location where the Kree controlled them. Black Bolt was forced to kill everyone present with his powerful voice in order to stop the Kree, including Triton.

Seems his Wikipedia page is missing this last part about what happened in Death of The Inhumans #5. Crystal was able to be freed from Kree Control before that part and as as such is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I (selfishly) want a resurrected Triton to rule a new nation of aquatic and amphibious Inhumans, with Namor acknowledging his sovereignty there. I've mentioned this a number of times in Inhuman threads.

Agreed. Makes him too old.
    Wouldn't it also make him older than Black Bolt, and well, all the other Inhumans?

That's a cool idea. There could be an interesting interaction between the two communities, especially if Triton can the Inhumans chose a different form of government, like a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Triton_(Earth-616)
    Triton and the Inhumans in Kree captivity were then turned into brainwashed agents of the Kree. When the Inhuman Royal Family launched a final assault against the Kree, Triton and his fellow Inhumans were forced to confront Black Bolt when he entered the location where the Kree controlled them. Black Bolt was forced to kill everyone present with his powerful voice in order to stop the Kree, including Triton.

Seems his Wikipedia page is missing this last part about what happened in Death of The Inhumans #5. Crystal was able to be freed from Kree Control before that part and as as such is still around.
    Well that sucks.

At some point, I need to read the whole new Inhumans saga. I love the old stuff, but when they made everyone an Inhuman I didn't care for that much.

There are long lived fish creatures.

But I always thought that Inhumans had a longer life span than humans.

Atlanteans, like Namor are long lived.

PS: I don't like the retcon either.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I guess I didn't follow the castings of various MCU characters, but it sure seems that people have just lost their minds about Tenoch Huerta being cast as the MCU Namor.

The only thing I have seen close to this is when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman.

OTOH, there's a Mexican magazine that some really nice (hawt) pictures of Tenoch. I can't save the pics, but you can see them here:

https://lifeandstyle.expansion.mx/en...o-y-militancia

Don't you think that 'unease' is also because

they radically changed his character, origin and all?

From the purist side of things, it could mean we'd never know that this Namor fought during WW2 or other things that really are integral or essential to the character.

I know some of us here have thought it really doesn't derive sincerely

from the source material

and that Namor was mostly a plot device for BP2.

I don't know enough about the plot, spoilers, but if this not what's happening

than we need to see a nuanced resolution and redemption for his character

from being "the villain".
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This is very cute!

I guess I didn't follow the castings of various MCU characters, but it sure seems that people have just lost their minds about Tenoch Huerta being cast as the MCU Namor.

The only thing I have seen close to this is when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman.

OTOH, there's a Mexican magazine that some really nice (hawt) pictures of Tenoch. I can't save the pics, but you can see them here:

https://lifeandstyle.expansion.mx/en...o-y-militancia
    Tenoch faces a lot of racism for being a dark skinned native actor and my Latine mutuals have talked to me about how incensed people are he got the role, there seems to be a lot of colorism/racism in latine communities not to mention the issues Latine/Native actors face when it comes to movie/tv roles being stereotyped. Back when Tenoch was RUMORED not even confirmed people were quick to try and "cancel" him and took his words/tone out of context to justify it but they don't even know spanish/understand what he was talking about. He's been getting a lot of haters because of this role but also he is very outspoken about the racism that occurs in his world and that's why a lot of people don't like him. At this point anyone who tries to cancel the actor is usually doing so in bad faith from what I've seen. These issues goes beyond Namor and more into the issues between light/dark skinned Latine people.

I just know people will be singing a different tune when Tenoch shows how badass he is as Namor on screen. Tenoch has his supporters as well.

I'll be doing a Silver Age Sub-Mariner September thing on twitter to talk more about Namor in that era since I love that time the most and will probably post some panels here over time!