Page 237 of 238 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hope everyone has a happy holiday!
    Dashing in to wish all of you of the same. Happy holidays! Merry Christmas! Enjoy the food and family and friends!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ok this was funny.

Merry Christmas to all! Here is my Namor Holiday cosplay pciture with my friend @meshellwaffleo doing Emma Frost! Inspired by the art from Kris Anka

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Merry Christmas to all! Here is my Namor Holiday cosplay pciture with my friend @meshellwaffleo doing Emma Frost! Inspired by the art from Kris Anka

Hahaha, Merry Christmas to you, namorcosplay! Merry Christmas to everyone here!

I love this pic! Your friend is beautiful. She adds a fun and mischievous Emma touch here.

Your longer wrist-bands are terrific. (Did Santa bring them?)

Please show up here more in 2023!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, Merry Christmas to you, namorcosplay! Merry Christmas to everyone here!

I love this pic! Your friend is beautiful. She adds a fun and mischievous Emma touch here.

Your longer wrist-bands are terrific. (Did Santa bring them?)

Please show up here more in 2023!

Agreed 200% Phoenixx9! LOVE that recreation NamorCosplay! Perfection! I hope Kris Anka sees it.

And I hope everyone's holidays were great! Of course, more than I thought went on with the holidays, so I haven't gotten to do the fan things I wanted.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ok this was funny.

Speaking of love, I LOVE Mabel Cadena's Namora. She's awesome. And the actress is amazingly awesome too. Check out her Instragram. Here she's promoting donations to:

a @promexicoindigena and the Walmart Foundation of Mexico, I had the opportunity to meet two beautiful Mazahuas families as well as the impact that the projects of these two foundations have within their communities. The excitement generated by the powerful work they do to provide training and infrastructure to enable projects that enable to generate quality food for these families, as well as support for education and childhood is indescribable. The impact our donations have is huge! And we have until December 31 to continue making magic in more than 7 entities starting at 10 pesos, directly in boxes or online.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmXm8..._web_copy_link

After seeing this article on Bleeding Cool, I fearfully scanned the issue of Timeless #1 2022 out today.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/namo...2023-spoilers/

Fortunately, this is the only panel in the book, so not worth picking up. Of course, I hope this only refers to Namor's upcoming appearances in Black Panther and NOT, as Bleeding Cool is postulating, a new team up book with Black Panther next year. Unlike last year's Timeless, this book appears to show stuff that is happening, not really future stuff.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hope everyone's holiday was great!

Love it NamorCosplay, your cosplays these last couple of years have been the highlights of Namor Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Speaking of love, I LOVE Mabel Cadena's Namora. She's awesome. And the actress is amazingly awesome too. Check out her Instragram. Here she's promoting donations to:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmXm8..._web_copy_link
    Mabel is such an amazing person and actress!

After seeing this article on Bleeding Cool, I fearfully scanned the issue of Timeless #1 2022 out today.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/namo...2023-spoilers/

Fortunately, this is the only panel in the book, so not worth picking up. Of course, I hope this only refers to Namor's upcoming appearances in Black Panther and NOT, as Bleeding Cool is postulating, a new team up book with Black Panther next year. Unlike last year's Timeless, this book appears to show stuff that is happening, not really future stuff.

Oh thank goodness, I really don't think Namor and T'Challa work as long term team ups for stuff, but I don't mind the off one. I just want next year to be here already, I keep checking ahead for any mention of a Namor solo series ): and my concerns about how the new era of Namor comics will be like after BP : WF.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

a one off, we even kinda thing would be good.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Hope everyone's holiday was great!

Love it NamorCosplay, your cosplays these last couple of years have been the highlights of Namor Nation!

Mabel is such an amazing person and actress!

Oh thank goodness, I really don't think Namor and T'Challa work as long term team ups for stuff, but I don't mind the off one. I just want next year to be here already, I keep checking ahead for any mention of a Namor solo series ): and my concerns about how the new era of Namor comics will be like after BP : WF.

As usual, my plans for the holidays and the time off have been eaten up. LOL! I don't even know why I plan anything. ;p This year I just haven't been able to get into Namor holiday cheer. But I do appreciate the posts from everyone else who IS spreading the Namor cheer.

Have to agree 200%! NamorCosplay's work has been a wonderful bright light for Namor fans, in the midst of some sad Namor neglect over the years.

I'm hoping that's the case for Namor and Black Panther. It's a rare case that it turns out good for Namor, and it never is good for the fans of either characters. Marvel Editorial needs to wake up and understand Namor needs his own book, with the support they've given to characters like Moon Knight and Captain Marvel, and yes, even Black Panther. These characters were repeatedly given books and boosted to their present status. Namor, like Dr. Strange was a major character more than capable of supporting a continuous ongoing, if only Marvel Editorial would overcome their own biases about the character. That's the big thing I want from the MCU appearance. Marvel Editorial actually wanting a good Namor book.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-29-2022 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I love this stuff. Why can't we have entire stories like this?

I know we've spoken about this topic many times before lol, but I'm a glutton for punishment:

- So the first sub-Atlantis was built over the ruins of the original surface Atlantis.
    - This first Atlantis is ruined after many centuries and a final battle against the barbarian hordes.
    - The Second Atlantis was established by ThaKorr in the Southern Ocean, near Antarctica.
    - ThaKorr moved the capital to somewhere off the coast of the Pacific Northwest for a time in the 20s-30s before again moving the capital back to the Southern Ocean, though I don't know much about this time or storyline, or if this city was called Atlantis. (or if it's even canon)
    - Back in ThaKorr's Southern Ocean Atlantis, it is unknowingly damaged by the American vessel, the "Oracle", leading to the birth of Namor.
    - The Atlanteans remain in Antarctic Atlantis throughout Namor's youth and young adulthood. They remained in this location into the 1940's, withstanding various exploration expeditions, accidents, and outright attacks by humans. Facing both Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan in numerous battles.
    - Atlantis was destroyed by a natural earthquake in the early 1950's but rebuilt.
    - Namor encounters Paul Destine in the 1950's who had discovered the "Helmet of Power" which is actually the ancient Serpent Crown. The consequences of Destine wielding this artifact is the total destruction of Atlantis, the deaths of ThaKorr and princess Fen, and Namor being lost with amnesia.
    - The Atlanteans wander the oceans for some years, with Byrahh eventually leading them and founding a new (3rd) Atlantis somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.
    - This Atlantis is the one ruled by Namor after his return and is the Atlantis seen for most of modern comics, if I understand the history right.
    - This Atlantis is bombed, polluted, poisoned, abandoned, destroyed and rebuilt, more times than I can count.
    - The Atlanteans are scattered and roam the oceans once more after Namor himself destroys Atlantis rather than let Tony Stark and SHEILD invade it. (among other political pressures)
    - At some point Atlanteans relocate to a "New Atlantis" (the 4th) which is at the base of a huge pillar which holds up an artificial island off the coast of San Francisco, using the remains of Asteroid M.
    - This Atlantis is destroyed during the Phoenix Five fiasco and the Atlanteans are once again to wander the oceans and homeless nomads.
    - The current state of any Atlantis is vague and honestly don't know where Namor or his people reside right now. Atlantis is seen in more recent books, but which Atlantis and where are unclear to me.

EDIT:
    - Apparently the most recent, current version of Atlantis (the 5th) was rebuilt on the site of the old Atlantean city of Maritanis, itself destroyed in the 1960's, and renamed *sigh* "New Atlantis".

Reading this has me like

Attachment 127515

LOL! I feel those gifs. DEEPLY.

I'm betting that there were other destructions of Atlantis between Kamuu and Tha-Korr.

I disregard the Tsunami Namor nonsense with 'Atlantis' in the Pacific. It just doesn't fit into continuity or characterization.

Hmmm. I was conflating the 50s earthquake and Paul Destine's attack. I also flatly refuse to believe Namor had amnesia since the 1950s.

BYRRAH!!! Oh hell no. And that Atlantis gets destroyed by Atomic Bomb testing, per FF 4. Though some try to make that out as an Atlantean outpost, disregarding that the Atlanteans were nomads when Namor recovers his memory (thanks Johnny Storm).

Oh wait. Doesn't Atlantis get destroyed in Tales to Astonish? I mean, Lady Dorma was leading them to a new place to rebuild in the first issues of the '68 Sub-Mariner book.

And then there was Deluvia...

Clearly Marvel Editorial needs a NO DESTROYING ATLANTIS edict for a few decades.

So what you're sayin is, there's way more than 5 Atlantisesses.

The story did say the Kamuu's Atlantis was destroyed and rebuilt many times, only finally abandoned with the death of ThaKorr's father.

I'm not sure if the Atlantis of the 60's/FF era, (which would be Byrrah's Atlantis lol) is completely destroyed and abandoned, or just rebuilt. The Silver Age Atlantis was destroyed and/or rebuilt so many times I simply cannot keep it straight. I don't know how Namor and the Atlanteans are not raving paranoid lunatics. I can imagine the Lemurians laughing in their city at the Atlanteans being homeless AGAIN. They probably have one of those signs in the city centre saying "Days Without Atlantean Destruction: 03". Sure Naga was batshit insane but our country/city-state was stable for centuries. (Though Lemuria was destroyed at the end of the Naga story, only to never be mentioned again)

Didn't the Atlanteans also have a bloody Celestial dropped on them?
    Last edited by Doombot; 12-29-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    So what you're sayin is, there's way more than 5 Atlantisesses.

The story did say the Kamuu's Atlantis was destroyed and rebuilt many times, only finally abandoned with the death of ThaKorr's father.

I'm not sure if the Atlantis of the 60's/FF era, (which would be Byrrah's Atlantis lol) is completely destroyed and abandoned, or just rebuilt. The Silver Age Atlantis was destroyed and/or rebuilt so many times I simply cannot keep it straight. I don't know how Namor and the Atlanteans are not raving paranoid lunatics. I can imagine the Lemurians laughing in their city at the Atlanteans being homeless AGAIN. They probably have one of those signs in the city centre saying "Days Without Atlantean Destruction: 03". Sure Naga was batshit insane but our country/city-state was stable for centuries. (Though Lemuria was destroyed at the end of the Naga story, only to never be mentioned again)

Didn't the Atlanteans also have a bloody Celestial dropped on them?

Yes, I think that's what happened in Aaron's Avengers. Not that the Avengers cared, until they decided they need to invade Atlantis to save a bunch of Roxxon murderers. SMH. But yeah. The Atlanteans are the villains.

According to far to many writers, Namor is a paranoid lunatic. Yet another reason why I think that is such a load of nonsense.

I'm pretty sure when Namor was introduced, Atlantis had been abandoned... or moved. He found something in ruins and then had to search the oceans for them. Of course, in FF Annual #1, it looked pretty well established.

Now, now. The Lemurians have their own problems... like Naga and Set and the Deviants. I'm sure they'd love to have come back to Atlantis.

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-29-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hi Reverisco....I just tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. In any case it's about the mods closing our appreciation threads. I haven't seen the usual notice about that yet.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yeah I was wondering when the new thread is going to be up?

Yes, I think that's what happened in Aaron's Avengers. Not that the Avengers cared, until they decided they need to invade Atlantis to save a bunch of Roxxon murderers. SMH. But yeah. The Atlanteans are the villains.

According to far to many writers, Namor is a paranoid lunatic. Yet another reason why I think that is such a load of nonsense.

I'm pretty sure when Namor was introduced, Atlantis had been abandoned... or moved. He found something in ruins and then had to search the oceans for them. Of course, in FF Annual #1, it looked pretty well established.

Now, now. The Lemurians have their own problems... like Naga and Set and the Deviants. I'm sure they'd love to have come back to Atlantis.

dsjkdjks we need to use that image everytime marvel does this
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis