Page 35 of 238 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've always liked Attuma as being a nice foe for both Namor and the World in general. Does anyone know of any decent Attuma stories?
    Well, those two Hulk issues were a good take on Attuma as villain and butt kicker. ; p

There's a story in Dark Reign Made Men that focuses on Attuma, which I thought was revealing and more sympathetic.

There was also a Fear Itself The Worthy short on Attuma, who got one of the hammers in Fear Itself, so he had a couple of stories in that event -- one with Alpha Flight and one with the 'Defenders' = Fear Itself The Deep -- which I enjoyed.

I don't think I've actually read this issue.

He also had a role in the first Atlantis Attacks, so that's probably a good read on him.

Oh, and a young Attuma appears in the recent King in Black Namor mini-series by Kurt Busiek, which again, gives a more sympathetic take on Attuma.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    That Tigershark art is amazing!!!

yeah, marvel really needs to put more fantasy back into their comics imo, and less space sci fi, like sci fi is fine and good, but like compare how many things in marvel are that vs pure fantasy and they really need a cornerstone in that genre which Namor could be.
    Excellent point! We don't get much fantasy at Marvel. Especially since the MCU mostly focuses on Cosmic -- Dr. Strange excepted.

Patrick Zircher is a very good artist with an appreciation for some old school characters. He does a great Namor too.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, those two Hulk issues were a good take on Attuma as villain and butt kicker. ; p

There's a story in Dark Reign Made Men that focuses on Attuma, which I thought was revealing and more sympathetic.

There was also a Fear Itself The Worthy short on Attuma, who got one of the hammers in Fear Itself, so he had a couple of stories in that event -- one with Alpha Flight and one with the 'Defenders' = Fear Itself The Deep -- which I enjoyed.

I don't think I've actually read this issue.

He also had a role in the first Atlantis Attacks, so that's probably a good read on him.

Oh, and a young Attuma appears in the recent King in Black Namor mini-series by Kurt Busiek, which again, gives a more sympathetic take on Attuma.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to look into some of those.

On another note, who do you all consider to be a part of Namor's supporting cast?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

On another note, who do you all consider to be a part of Namor's supporting cast?
    Also if you want Attuma's new origins, then King in Black: Namor is great to read.

As for who is part of Namor's supporting cast for me it's:

- Lord Vashti
    - Lady Dorma
    - Namorita
    - Andormeda
    - Lord Seth
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Do you mean, who is left of Namor's supporting cast? Or over all his life?

Also if you want Attuma's new origins, then King in Black: Namor is great to read.

As for who is part of Namor's supporting cast for me it's:

- Lord Vashti
    - Lady Dorma
    - Namorita
    - Andormeda
    - Lord Seth
    Excellent choices, but 2 or 3 of them are dead.

Of the survivors ...

Lord Vashti (if he is still alive ... I think he is)
    Namora
    Loa (if she is still a water breather)
    Tamara Rahn (if she's still alive / around)
    Stingray
    Diane Arliss
    Logomancer Abira
    Andromeda
    The Defenders of the Deep (if they are still around)

I'm sure I'm leaving some one out.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-18-2022 at 07:06 AM.

Patrick Zircher is a very good artist with an appreciation for some old school characters. He does a great Namor too.
    Agreed. Still LOVE his run on T-Bolts with Nicieza. I thought he also did great with both Cap & Doom (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-18-2022 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Do you mean, who is left of Namor's supporting cast? Or over all his life?

Excellent choices, but 2 of them are dead.

Of the survivors ...

Lord Vashti (if he is still alive ... I think he is)
    Namora
    Loa (if she is still a water breather)
    Tamara Rahn (if she's still alive / around)
    Stingray
    Diane Arliss
    Logomancer Abira
    Andromeda
    The Defenders of the Deep (if they are still around)

I'm sure I'm leaving some one out.
    Love this list. Yeah the issue is so many of them are dead, in limbo, etc. ):

Love this list. Yeah the issue is so many of them are dead, in limbo, etc. ):
    Sadly, yes. My list of supporting character regardless if they are living or not would be more like yours.

- Lord Vashti
    - Lady Dorma
    - Namorita
    - Lord Seth
    Namora
    Betty Dean
    Stingray
    Diane Arliss
    Tamara Rahn
    Logomancer
    Chief Scientist replacing Ikthon
    Karthon the Questor
    Andromeda
    Redeemed Krang

Advance Marvel tech that modern writers complete

And a great point about Namor. It's the airbreathers who labelled Namor villain.

"I saw Namor since the beginning -- and I remembered how even then we were so scared, we hounded him until he lashed out us -- and then we labelled him a villain --"

Marvel will be announcing a new game tomorrow and Namor's logo appears with many others, check it out here

Sadly, yes. My list of supporting character regardless if they are living or not would be more like yours.

- Lord Vashti
    - Lady Dorma
    - Namorita
    - Lord Seth
    Namora
    Betty Dean
    Stingray
    Diane Arliss
    Tamara Rahn
    Logomancer
    Chief Scientist replacing Ikthon
    Karthon the Questor
    Andromeda
    Redeemed Krang
    I would also have Jian for trusted guard under Andromeda's captiancy, and Argos for weapons master. I would love Lord Dara back too, for Seth and Dara to be brothers

I would also have Jian for trusted guard under Andromeda's captiancy, and Argos for weapons master. I would love Lord Dara back too, for Seth and Dara to be brothers
    I'd forgotten Jian. Argos I'm torn, as he was written as being there always, which leaves me wonder where he was through various past events. One of the problems of retcons, IMO.

Sure, Seth deserves a break. Dara should return too.

Oh, oh, while we are resurrecting Atlanteans ... Nara from Avengers Arena. There's some great conflict there!

Marvel will be announcing a new game tomorrow and Namor's logo appears with many others, check it out here

Interesting ... but I'm not holding my breath, given some of the other characters on that image.

I am SO tired of seeing this image at Diamond when I go looking for the Namor Hellfire cover on Shang-chi #1!

WTF, Marvel??? Let us see it!

Of course, with Bachalo doing it, I live in fear it will be Namor stuck in a Magik outfit. Or the trademark Bachalo rectangle painted on his naked chest and thighs like Cyke and Magneto.

Or that he'll look like this.

Yes. I AM doomscrolling.

I'd forgotten Jian. Argos I'm torn, as he was written as being there always, which leaves me wonder where he was through various past events. One of the problems of retcons, IMO.

Sure, Seth deserves a break. Dara should return too.

Oh, oh, while we are resurrecting Atlanteans ... Nara from Avengers Arena. There's some great conflict there!
    Very good list. And yeah the game thing is from a company that does mobile games so :/

I really wanted a console game. I just hope the art is nice, after seeing Namor in that awful Enter the Phoenix look I'm ready for anything. I would love to see something new for him that might change up his look for the future like they did with Jean Grey.