Page 103 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow....that looks great. But I still like classic Namor. I don't know if I can get used to this look. I hope the change doesn't carry over into the comics.

I searched that store and found a Doom print that I like too!
    Nooooo! I can't go looking for other things on those print sites!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    From this video summing up a fan translation of an interview with Tenoch when he first talked to Coogler about the role, Tenoch thought he was going to be a Shaman or something at first!

Edit: Thread link with it all written down!

"So, like two years ago, more or less, I was working in a movie in New Orleans, when my agents called me to say that I was going to get a [video] call from Ryan Coogler... And no one knew anything about that call. They didn’t even tell any of us what was going on.
    Obviously, you must sign up all the confidentiality agreements first. When Ryan called me, he began to explain to me the story of a character, which they were going to re write to adapt certain things, about the story of Namor. And then he spoke of warriors, of a shaman, and a lot of other stuff and suddenly… the video crashed! It was like that for about three or four minutes!
    And then he’s back again and asks, ‘So, what do you think?’ And I was like… ‘Hell yeah! Yes sir, I’m all about it. Then he asked me, ‘Can you swim?’ And I was like, ‘Well, I’ve never drowned, right?’ he laughed.
    Then my agents called me back, to ask about how it went. I told them that he mentioned warriors and a shaman, so I guessed he was asking me to be the shaman, right? They told me they were going to ask for more details, ‘It must be an important character if the director himself called you’, so they asked them and when they called me back once again they were like ‘Hey, you fool! They're offering you one of the leads! Not a shaman or anything like that!' 'The video call crashed!' I explained to them.
    And then they too asked me, 'But, you can swim, right?' 'Well, yes, I’ve never drowned.'" After that, the producer called me, Nate, and he explained to me the whole story. Once more they asked, ‘Can you swim?’ I kept saying: ‘I’ve never drowned’ He laughed too. My agent and my team insisted, ‘Seriously, can you swim?’, ‘I’ve never drowned’" We’re serious.' ‘I’m serious too, I’ve never drowned. I can’t swim but I’ve never drowned. I mean, I can survive’. ‘MF! Why you didn’t say it anything?! You must say these things!’ [Laughs]."
    So, I took intensive swimming lessons. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I only said, ‘yes, sir’. Like Francisco Villa used to say: ‘Shoot, You’ll figure it out later on.’" And that’s what I did, I figured it out later: what the hell was going on, or if I could or couldn’t’ swim.
    For two years that’s what I did." Since two years ago, it was all about waiting for the right conditions, waiting for a script, for the things that needed to be worked on. And afterwards, all the preparation. Since January or February from last year, approximately, I was totally immersed and working 100% on this project. And that’s about it. Look, here it is. Here it is at last. Finally I can talk about it without being sued by Mr. Marvel.”

- Tenoch Huerta speaking about how he got the role of Namor in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, as translated by fans.

Original Source: Tenoch Huerta on his role as Namor, 07/29/2022. Translation made from a fan, for the fans. Original interview in Spanish: Warkentin, G., & Risco, J. (Hosts). Así las Cosas [Audio podcast]. W Radio Mexico.
    Last Edit:
    This was a great interview! Huerta is a funny guy.

I am curious, however, about this shaman role???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Artist Matt Kaufenberg who is doing a lot of art for a fanfic Fantastic Four animated series, turned in this Namor.

https://twitter.com/mattkaufenberg/s...27828684558339

Starting on some more #FantasticFourAnimatedSeries characters in my spare time. To start off, I wanted to redo Namor since I decided this look would better fit with the outline I wrote for the (totally fake) "A Day at the Beach" episode. #FantasticFour #Marvel

Check out the rest of his FF work on his Twitter account.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh that art is wonderful and what a cool shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Me either. My fingers seem too big for the phone. I don't like the tablet, either, in part for the same reason, and in part, because it's too small of a keyboard, I can't really type with both hands.

I don't know. I think they are going with Namora as a love interest in the MCU.

I really hope they don't try for any MCU synergy. It's just too much juggling for 80 real years of history. Just make it a variant, IF they want to do that. Like I said eariler, they should just make an MCU comicverse, and do a limited number of comics there.
    NO DON'T SAY THAT. lol, I like Namora but we do not need a Namor/Namora romance ever. I do think someone pointed out that the woman next to Young Prince Namor seemed to be Namora which could mean Namora is the elder cousin in this case, which honestly won't make much of a difference to their dynamic, since this Namora is a much changed character from her comic counterpart. So I really feel like she will be a mix of Namora and Andromeda with the warrior woman loyal to Namor angle they seem to be going for. What will probably happen in the comics is what happened to MCU and Comic Valkyrie, where they had the MCU AU Valkyrie join the main 616 verse. At least that's my theory.

This was a great interview! Huerta is a funny guy.

I am curious, however, about this shaman role???
    I think Tenoch misunderstood it at first because of the dropped connection they had, from my theory; Coogler probably told him the role was a character who was divine, or a leader to their people, had powers etc. and since Tenoch was never expecting to get the role of Namor he thought it was a shaman type? That's what I speculate anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Artist Matt Kaufenberg who is doing a lot of art for a fanfic Fantastic Four animated series, turned in this Namor.

Starting on some more #FantasticFourAnimatedSeries characters in my spare time. To start off, I wanted to redo Namor since I decided this look would better fit with the outline I wrote for the (totally fake) "A Day at the Beach" episode. #FantasticFour #Marvel

It would be nice to have Namor in an animated show, any animated show!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I loved this guy's FF! It was a lot of fun. His Namor gives me some Gaston vibes, but hopefully all in fun. And he stuck with most of the classic Namor costume so he gets points for that.

Oh that art is wonderful and what a cool shirt!

NO DON'T SAY THAT. lol, I like Namora but we do not need a Namor/Namora romance ever. I do think someone pointed out that the woman next to Young Prince Namor seemed to be Namora which could mean Namora is the elder cousin in this case, which honestly won't make much of a difference to their dynamic, since this Namora is a much changed character from her comic counterpart. So I really feel like she will be a mix of Namora and Andromeda with the warrior woman loyal to Namor angle they seem to be going for. What will probably happen in the comics is what happened to MCU and Comic Valkyrie, where they had the MCU AU Valkyrie join the main 616 verse. At least that's my theory.
    Well, I don't want an air breather romance. You know that's just headed for frustration or tragedy. Give us an Atlantean interest!

I still say that is Princess Fen next to kid Namor. Which would be PERFECT.

Yeah, I don't want any of the MCU in the comics, thank you very much. There's comic book Namora who very little is being done with. Ditto Nita. Ditto Namor himself. And no. I don't count Avengers AT ALL. What a hot mess of a book. I really want the first issue of the new writer on that book to do a Bobby in the Shower reset on all that crap. It was only a dream ... or nightmare.

I think Tenoch misunderstood it at first because of the dropped connection they had, from my theory; Coogler probably told him the role was a character who was divine, or a leader to their people, had powers etc. and since Tenoch was never expecting to get the role of Namor he thought it was a shaman type? That's what I speculate anyways.
    Hmmm. Not sure. But there does seem to be a divine connection with the MCU Namor. And Huerta's description sounds more like the Sacrificial King -- which isn't exactly a shaman. It will be interesting to see. There certainly isn't any merchandise for another shamanistic character, so you are probably right.

It would be nice to have Namor in an animated show, any animated show!
    Nope. Not going to wish that at all now, with the MCU. Just give me a glorious creative team on an ongoing 616 comic book.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

These are amazing! I never got to see Secretariat, or many race horses. But IIRC, I first got interested in horse racing because of his stablemate, Riva Ridge, and then him. I had a scrapbook with clippings of their races ... I'm sure it's gone now. At some point, I'd love to go up to Kentucky Horse Park and see the retired champions. Actually, they have a racehorse community in Aiken, SC, which about an hour away. Kelso trained there. And the Dogwood Stables syndicate were based out there. I think they actually have a museum there. It's definitely on my list of places to visit.

Yeah, the tickets for Breeders Cup are pricey. I got to go once at Churchill Downs in 2000, I think, which was a great experience. It's too bad Arlington closed. Attendance is down. And I think the regular coverage of horseracing has been reduced quite a bit, which makes me sad.
    The only races they cover on the networks are the Triple Crown ones. NBC I guess still does it. Cable does have a number of channels that will do the entire card at tracks.

Riva Ridge was one of the favorites of a sister of mine whose a couple of years older. I have a photo album of various horses we saw when we toured the farms in Lexington. I may have one of Riva Ridge. I will have to get out that album and see. I remember Arlington had a beautiful statue of John Henry beating The Bart in the first running of the Arlington Million. They will take it down to Churchill Downs if they haven't already. They are both run by the same corporation. The village of Arlington Heights were hoping they could keep it. I think it should stay there....if they do build that football stadium on the site they should keep it around to commemorate the history of the track.

The only races they cover on the networks are the Triple Crown ones. NBC I guess still does it. Cable does have a number of channels that will do the entire card at tracks.

Riva Ridge was one of the favorites of a sister of mine whose a couple of years older. I have a photo album of various horses we saw when we toured the farms in Lexington. I may have one of Riva Ridge. I will have to get out that album and see. I remember Arlington had a beautiful statue of John Henry beating The Bart in the first running of the Arlington Million. They will take it down to Churchill Downs if they haven't already. They are both run by the same corporation. The village of Arlington Heights were hoping they could keep it. I think it should stay there....if they do build that football stadium on the site they should keep it around to commemorate the history of the track.
    That's awesome! I hope they do get keep the statue at the new stadium. That would be a nice touch.

People forget Riva Ridge, because he was followed almost immediately by Secretariat, but Riva Ridge won two of the Triple Crown races, and saved Penny's farm. I was reading up on him and sadly he died of a heart attack at 16.

One of the NBC channels does a few of the races leading up to the Triple Crown, but less than they used to. They also do the Breeders Cup Challenge races, after the Triple Crown, which cover a few of the classic races, like the Haskell and the Whitney, as well as the Breeders Cup. They also did the whole week of Royal Ascot, but I think they've cut back on that, which is cool for the people attending in all their finery -- but I'm not as familiar with the horses or trainers or jockeys. It's all all turf, and at some long distances. They stream it on Peacock, so I'm trying to catch up on it. I used to have TVG, the horse racing channel, but it isn't quite as good as the NBC coverage where they do all the back story.

I totally want a good ongoing comic more than anything, so I'm keeping my hopes up!!!

Rev I love those shirts, but I couldn't see the mcu Namor one? is that art posted anywhere else? I have the one shirt that is green with Namor and his trident all posed leaning forward but I got it off another site, this one has so many cool shirts, good bye money! lol

I totally want a good ongoing comic more than anything, so I'm keeping my hopes up!!!

Rev I love those shirts, but I couldn't see the mcu Namor one? is that art posted anywhere else? I have the one shirt that is green with Namor and his trident all posed leaning forward but I got it off another site, this one has so many cool shirts, good bye money! lol
    It's this stupid censoring of links.

Here's the artist's linktree. You can find the shirt on either ********* or *********.

https://linktr.ee/ChangoATX

********* has some cool MCU Namor shirts, using the leaked merchandise images. I'll try to post some images.

EDIT

ARRRRGH

R E D Bubble and T E E public. More MCU shirts at R E D Bubble than T E E public

It's hard to find, cause he listed it under El Rey, instead of Namor. LOL!

Artist and image are posted at his twitter.

https://twitter.com/ChangoATX/status...wFpfhWYvRPxKRg
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-15-2022 at 06:29 PM.

It's this stupid censoring of links.

Here's the artist's linktree. You can find the shirt on either ********* or *********.

https://linktr.ee/ChangoATX

********* has some cool MCU Namor shirts, using the leaked merchandise images. I'll try to post some images.

EDIT

ARRRRGH

R E D Bubble and T E E public. More MCU shirts at R E D Bubble than T E E public

It's hard to find, cause he listed it under El Rey, instead of Namor. LOL!

Artist and image are posted at his twitter.

https://twitter.com/ChangoATX/status...wFpfhWYvRPxKRg
    Thank you so much!!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's awesome! I hope they do get keep the statue at the new stadium. That would be a nice touch.

People forget Riva Ridge, because he was followed almost immediately by Secretariat, but Riva Ridge won two of the Triple Crown races, and saved Penny's farm. I was reading up on him and sadly he died of a heart attack at 16.

One of the NBC channels does a few of the races leading up to the Triple Crown, but less than they used to. They also do the Breeders Cup Challenge races, after the Triple Crown, which cover a few of the classic races, like the Haskell and the Whitney, as well as the Breeders Cup. They also did the whole week of Royal Ascot, but I think they've cut back on that, which is cool for the people attending in all their finery -- but I'm not as familiar with the horses or trainers or jockeys. It's all all turf, and at some long distances. They stream it on Peacock, so I'm trying to catch up on it. I used to have TVG, the horse racing channel, but it isn't quite as good as the NBC coverage where they do all the back story.
    I liked the Secretariat movie with Diane Lane as Mrs. Tweedy but IIRC they made no mention of Riva Ridge in that. But it's been a while since I've watched that.

You're right about the racing coverage in the fall with the Breeder's Cup and a few other races. I forgot about that. I like that they rotate the location of the race. This year I see it's at Keeneland then Santa Anita for 2023. I never went to it at Arlington and for some reason 2002 is the only time it was held there.

Sheesh.... I don't know what it is about CBR but so many times I will be in the middle of a post and my screen locks up. I use a PC and I wonder if there's some kind of drain of the system created by CBR?

I liked the Secretariat movie with Diane Lane as Mrs. Tweedy but IIRC they made no mention of Riva Ridge in that. But it's been a while since I've watched that.

You're right about the racing coverage in the fall with the Breeder's Cup and a few other races. I forgot about that. I like that they rotate the location of the race. This year I see it's at Keeneland then Santa Anita for 2023. I never went to it at Arlington and for some reason 2002 is the only time it was held there.

Sheesh.... I don't know what it is about CBR but so many times I will be in the middle of a post and my screen locks up. I use a PC and I wonder if there's some kind of drain of the system created by CBR?

Hmmm. I don't know. I don't have that problem with my lap top. Just timing out, cause I am easily distracted. ;p

I'd forgotten about that movie! Now I want to watch it again. It had retired jockey Gary Stevens in it.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they pick the Breeders Cup locations. Probably has something to do with the track owners.

Thank you so much!!!
    NP!

Wait till you see the ones I'm getting from R E D bubble.

Interesting rumor that Universal's distribution rights to Hulk might be limited and expiring ... like next year. I'm not sure this is the correct interpretation of the info, but it still makes one wonder about Namor's distribution rights. The SEC filing is interesting, if dry reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._from_old_sec/