Page 61 of 238 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I got Marvelocity as a gift today and I never knew that Ross used this Bill Everett Namor vs Jim pose as reference to his young vs older Namor Invaders art!

What a nice present! And yes, I had read that somewhere. It's a cool nod from Alex Ross to Everett. I love his toilet roll Namor. LOL!

That's awesome!
    I thought so too. Keeping an eye on that printing company for that shirt.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I love his toilet roll Namor. LOL!
    That is not a sentence I ever expected to encounter. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That is not a sentence I ever expected to encounter. lol

Obvious Toilet Roll Namor occurred in the era of Hobo Namor.

I meant toilet paper roll, of course, but Toilet Paper Roll Namor doesn't sound much better. LOL
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-11-2022 at 01:25 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't mean to be a gate keeper, but I'm already tired of all the "expert" Namor folks who are clearly haven't read a Namor book and are spreading mis-information.

I mean, if you are making a family tree (NOT the place to start for anyone, much less a new fan) for Namor and you don't put Lady Dorma or Marrinna on it, but have Susan Storm in their place??? Yeah, I'm not going to take you seriously.

At least Tenoch Huerta has a sense of humor. He posted this on his twitter.

"Tenoch images are leaked..."

https://twitter.com/TenochHuerta/sta...YzvCJbpwI9xyfA

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Lol, Tenoch is very fun XD

I don't mean to be a gate keeper, but I'm already tired of all the "expert" Namor folks who are clearly haven't read a Namor book and are spreading mis-information.

I mean, if you are making a family tree (NOT the place to start for anyone, much less a new fan) for Namor and you don't put Lady Dorma or Marrinna on it, but have Susan Storm in their place??? Yeah, I'm not going to take you seriously.
    Lmao, you saw that too? Yeah I was like: wtf? then I was like: I'm gonna make my own much better Sub-Mariner family chart! (After I get done with my other edits)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Lol, Tenoch is very fun XD
    Yes, the actor himself seems to have the right attitude for Namor.

I actually binged the first season of Narcos: Mexico this weekend for Tenoch Huerta. It's a brutal show, but his performance was a bit more reassuring. This is the second work I've seen of his where the character clearly likes strong women, so that bodes well.

Lmao, you saw that too? Yeah I was like: wtf? then I was like: I'm gonna make my own much better Sub-Mariner family chart! (After I get done with my other edits)
    Add it to your massive list of Namor things to do. ;p

But yes. I was impressed with his ambition, but the relationship he's chose ... not so much.

I've got to stop reading these "articles" on Namor. Besides not being entirely correct, I don't understand what this article is supposed do?

Namor: Why The Sub-Mariner's Anti-Hero Status Can't Find Him Love

Unfortunately, having a chip on his shoulder, coupled with being raised without a father, made Namor a complicated life partner and teammate. It seems his mere presence not only creates tension in his relationships, but also with the individuals or teams he's come into contact with, including The Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and the X-Men.
    Uhn, wut??

Plus, article leaves out Betty Dean! and Emma, and makes a hash of Sue. Plus there's alot more "fleeting" relationships than these, if that was supposed to be the point of this article.

I've got to stop reading these "articles" on Namor. Besides not being entirely correct, I don't understand what this article is supposed do?

Namor: Why The Sub-Mariner's Anti-Hero Status Can't Find Him Love

Uhn, wut??

Plus, article leaves out Betty Dean! and Emma, and makes a hash of Sue. Plus there's alot more "fleeting" relationships than these, if that was supposed to be the point of this article.
    Lmao when I saw the author said Leo was a sailor instead of a Sea Captain I knew that they probably only googled a few things to slap together in an article, they dont know these characters. This article is giving me the push I need to finish my comic meta post about NamorSue.

Lmao when I saw the author said Leo was a sailor instead of a Sea Captain I knew that they probably only googled a few things to slap together in an article, they dont know these characters. This article is giving me the push I need to finish my comic meta post about NamorSue.
    uhn oh. More added to the list! LOL!

I guess I should be happy folks are writing and youtubing Namor, but ... it's that damn Monkey's Paw again.

I think maybe the title doesn't exactly match up to the content, in that it seems to be a list of Namor's doomed romances. However, the tacked on conclusion ... well, none of that was really in the article. I don't think Namor's chip on his shoulder -- which is pretty non-existent with women, or the lack of a father in his upbringing -- ???, or being an anti-hero has anything to do with the ending of those romances. I think it falls more into the realm of the responsibilities of a king.

He left Betty Dean, because he had duties in Atlantis.

Lady Dorma died, because he was had to save Atlantis from a physical attack and from Llyra's ambitions.

Marrina died because he was trying to save others.

Abira and he separated because she had to become the Logomancer to help save Atlantis.

Cyndi and Carrie Alexander didn't want to deal with all the stuff, including being a target, that came with Namor being a king.

Storm he let go because he didn't want to get Wakanda and Atlantis in a conflict -- lol!

Arguably, Emma was interested in his kingdom for the mutants.

Susan is probably the only one that didn't really have anything to do with his kingdom -- except made him lose it for a time.

uhn oh. More added to the list! LOL!

I guess I should be happy folks are writing and youtubing Namor, but ... it's that damn Monkey's Paw again.

I think maybe the title doesn't exactly match up to the content, in that it seems to be a list of Namor's doomed romances. However, the tacked on conclusion ... well, none of that was really in the article. I don't think Namor's chip on his shoulder -- which is pretty non-existent with women, or the lack of a father in his upbringing -- ???, or being an anti-hero has anything to do with the ending of those romances. I think it falls more into the realm of the responsibilities of a king.

He left Betty Dean, because he had duties in Atlantis.

Lady Dorma died, because he was had to save Atlantis from a physical attack and from Llyra's ambitions.

Marrina died because he was trying to save others.

Abira and he separated because she had to become the Logomancer to help save Atlantis.

Cyndi and Carrie Alexander didn't want to deal with all the stuff, including being a target, that came with Namor being a king.

Storm he let go because he didn't want to get Wakanda and Atlantis in a conflict -- lol!

Arguably, Emma was interested in his kingdom for the mutants.

Susan is probably the only one that didn't really have anything to do with his kingdom -- except made him lose it for a time.
    Yeah I was side eyeing that part about him "not having a father" as anything to do with how tragic his love life is like what??? Fen is so often not credited for raising Namor into a strong person and keeping him alive as a child from the others who surely wanted him dead, she was his mother and protector, and Namor not having his father in his life hasn't made him less of a person. He did have father type figures but he was not close to any of them, Namor mentions in the 90s series that Krang was the one who taught him to fight, and as much as I complain about Tha-Korr he was his grandfather even if they didn't have a super close relationship. Leo not being in Namor's life has nothing to do with any of this and imo its pretty dated to blame a child (character) for this issues because they didn't have 2 parent household.

Susan as much as I hate the NamorSue ship, I don't hate her as a character, and I can acknowledge the friendship between Namor and Sue and I do so in my Comic Meta, it's something I've been working on and off of over the last few years but never felt the need to finish it because frankly it's a subject that bores me and getting through the 90s FF NamorSue stuff was rough, but I have poured over comics and texts and interviews from creators over the years so I have a very solid understanding of their dynamics and lack thereof of significance, and I tried to keep my own personal views out of this meta as much as possible and stick only to comic facts so that fans who choose to read it would have a better understanding between Fanon Namor and Canon Namor stuff. It's whatever, I will finish it in time and share here for anyone who wants to read it.

lol, Rev, it seems like all I do is make work for myself, I do hope new Namor fans will fall in love with the character and his comics too when he gets into the mcu, and I am more than willing to make guides/offer any help to anyone who wants to know stuff, if only I didn't have my normal job then I could do more! lol.

Yeah I was side eyeing that part about him "not having a father" as anything to do with how tragic his love life is like what??? Fen is so often not credited for raising Namor into a strong person and keeping him alive as a child from the others who surely wanted him dead, she was his mother and protector, and Namor not having his father in his life hasn't made him less of a person. He did have father type figures but he was not close to any of them, Namor mentions in the 90s series that Krang was the one who taught him to fight, and as much as I complain about Tha-Korr he was his grandfather even if they didn't have a super close relationship. Leo not being in Namor's life has nothing to do with any of this and imo its pretty dated to blame a child (character) for this issues because they didn't have 2 parent household.

Susan as much as I hate the NamorSue ship, I don't hate her as a character, and I can acknowledge the friendship between Namor and Sue and I do so in my Comic Meta, it's something I've been working on and off of over the last few years but never felt the need to finish it because frankly it's a subject that bores me and getting through the 90s FF NamorSue stuff was rough, but I have poured over comics and texts and interviews from creators over the years so I have a very solid understanding of their dynamics and lack thereof of significance, and I tried to keep my own personal views out of this meta as much as possible and stick only to comic facts so that fans who choose to read it would have a better understanding between Fanon Namor and Canon Namor stuff. It's whatever, I will finish it in time and share here for anyone who wants to read it.
    Cool! Link us up whenever you do finish it up. I think it is important to point out the Fanon and Canon. There's definitely a wealth of ships for Namor, but that doesn't mean all of them are canon.

Yeah, the fatherless thing really stuck out to me. I mean, I don't think Namor had a father figure growing up, but he certainly was surrounded by men. But clearly, it was his amazing mother that had the most influence on him, much like Bill Everett, and YES! I agree. There's a whole untold story about how Namor survived growing up, and wasn't assassinated, and I'm sure Fen had a lot to do with that.

I didn't remember that bit about Krang. Interesting. I did think it was a smooth retcon in Saga, that Thomas slid in there that Krang led the Atlantean military that boarded the Oracle and 'killed' Captain MacKenzie and 'rescued' Princess Fen.

lol, Rev, it seems like all I do is make work for myself, I do hope new Namor fans will fall in love with the character and his comics too when he gets into the mcu, and I am more than willing to make guides/offer any help to anyone who wants to know stuff, if only I didn't have my normal job then I could do more! lol.

Namor Nation, I present to you, the FIRST EVER Namor vs Attuma cosplay!!!

Holy cow! That's awesome!

You look great, as usual. But Attuma did a wonderful job on that helmet. And even got the sword right!

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Namor Nation, I present to you, the FIRST EVER Namor vs Attuma cosplay!!!

AAAAHHHHH!!!! Omg you look so amazing and the Attuma cosplayer did such a great job!!!! omg wow this is so cool!

Cool! Link us up whenever you do finish it up. I think it is important to point out the Fanon and Canon. There's definitely a wealth of ships for Namor, but that doesn't mean all of them are canon.

Yeah, the fatherless thing really stuck out to me. I mean, I don't think Namor had a father figure growing up, but he certainly was surrounded by men. But clearly, it was his amazing mother that had the most influence on him, much like Bill Everett, and YES! I agree. There's a whole untold story about how Namor survived growing up, and wasn't assassinated, and I'm sure Fen had a lot to do with that.

I didn't remember that bit about Krang. Interesting. I did think it was a smooth retcon in Saga, that Thomas slid in there that Krang led the Atlantean military that boarded the Oracle and 'killed' Captain MacKenzie and 'rescued' Princess Fen.
    Will do, and yeah for me shipping is for fun it doesn't have to be canon or anything, but I do get annoyed when people dismiss how important the women in Namor's life, from family to relationships, are to him and his character. You are right he doesn't have a father figure but he he had like male figure types? Krang, Tha-Korr, They were male authority figures in his life at the very least even if they weren't always great, and Vashti was the only man Namor ever felt was his father figure and he even mentions that Vashti thinks of Namor as his son. Honestly I wish we would get more of Namor's years growing up in court since I know not everyone was happy about him being half human. I think it would make a great story to have something from Fen's POV as she protects and guides Namor into becoming a Prince/King etc.