Page 127 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    He's the one speaking before they show him

You hear him say
    "You have exposed our power to the world."

"Wakanda has compromised us."

There's a googledrive link from reddit available if you want to watch it again.
    Oh thank you! I was honestly unable to hear properly, lol, everytime they seem to drop or leak new stuff im always busy or at work! I will need to give it a closer listen, hopefully a better version is released soon.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, having grown up with John Vernon, it was different. But I had heard Tenoch Huerta's voice quite a bit in Narcos Mexico, so I had an idea of how he would sound. He went the quiet voice route, which is quite effective, IMO. He makes you lean in to hear him. There wasn't much of an accent, but it had the musical pattern of Spanish, so it was cool.

He spoke in the leaked D23 footage. When he and Angela Basset were on the beach. It was ... powerful. You could tell his anger was barely leashed. Reminded me of that Dark Reign Cabal scene where he tells off Osborn. I can't wait to see it on a real trailer.

"You have exposed our power to the world. Wakanda has compromised us."
    Thank you! I can't wait to hear it better, to be honest I was shook with that arm move Namor did XD it took up all my attention, and I wasn't able to hear the audio properly at the time.

I am too. I get so frustrated by Marvel's dismissal of Namor both in the comics and in the MCU. They have basically surrendered the underwater hero genre that Everett created with Namor to DC. He should have appeared first on film. Heck, he should have been in the first Cap movie, with the Invaders, instead of the Howling Commandos.

That said, the MCU is an adaptation of the comics. If we get more quality Namor comics it will all be good.
    What drives me crazy is from the onset Marvel/MCU/Disney said that this was a different universe, yet now they want to claim its the 616, well if they wanted it to be the 616 then they should have done better with a lot of their characters, like the Maximoff Twins! Anyways I won't rant about my issues with the mcu and instead hope Namor is well received and done justice. We all know MCU characters get the most push in the comics these days, the only question is what will this new era of Namor comics be like? All I hope for is good stories and good art, so I am hoping we have a fan of the character on the creative teams.

In the mess of complaining about Tenoch Huerta's MCU Namor on social media., by literally people that have never read a Namor book, I find gems like this, accompanying the new Empire Magazine picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_K96Sr..._web_copy_link

LMAO!
    LOL
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I can accept these changes because I believe they will make every attempt at weaving a compelling story that will have the context right, even if elements and essences of the original character are now different.
    I hope the acting and the plot and production make it work.

The "MCU" has always been a mixed bag, a different kettle of fish (my mom might have said that) a pun on Namor perhaps, but there have been so many other changes and differences it really is no longer the comics.
    If it was, comic readership might have benefited. That's a hard call actually, so nevermind.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I hope there's lots of undersea-society technology on display. the vehicles, etc.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Lol

More Namor body...(Imperious Pecs!)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-27-2022 at 01:07 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    More Namor body...(Imperious Pecs!)
    LOL! Exactly.

Though, I am going to miss the Imperious Rex.

Seeing this up close again, I'm wondering ... are those rivites on Namor's spear? Right above his hand and right below the green jade. Or are they buttons? Buttons would indicate it could do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Lol
    What the heck?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope there's lots of undersea-society technology on display. the vehicles, etc.
    I think we might get some of the undersea society, but the tech ... well, all we've seen is them riding whales. I mean, that's cool, (it reminds me of the Fremen on the Sand Snakes from Dune) but I haven't seen any tech, other than their face masks.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-27-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thank you! I can't wait to hear it better, to be honest I was shook with that arm move Namor did XD it took up all my attention, and I wasn't able to hear the audio properly at the time.
    Yes, I watched that about 20 times too. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    What drives me crazy is from the onset Marvel/MCU/Disney said that this was a different universe, yet now they want to claim its the 616, well if they wanted it to be the 616 then they should have done better with a lot of their characters, like the Maximoff Twins! Anyways I won't rant about my issues with the mcu and instead hope Namor is well received and done justice. We all know MCU characters get the most push in the comics these days, the only question is what will this new era of Namor comics be like? All I hope for is good stories and good art, so I am hoping we have a fan of the character on the creative teams.
    Yes, I'm with Ms. Marvel on this. Feige is wrong. The MCU is NOT the 616, which is the main COMIC universe. I don't know what the designation is, but it's the movie universe. And I wish they would STOP trying to make them the same.

Though, yes, the movie characters are the ones who get all the attention. Which is why I'm hopeful our favorite character will finally get some love and support from Marvel Comics editorial. Especially if Cantwell's mini-series does well. Good comics inspire other creators to want to use the character. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get an ongoing set in the present next year. If Coogler announces one of his Disney + projects is actually a Namor show, which is pure speculation on my part, we will definitely get something from the comic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I can accept these changes because I believe they will make every attempt at weaving a compelling story that will have the context right, even if elements and essences of the original character are now different.
    I hope the acting and the plot and production make it work.

The "MCU" has always been a mixed bag, a different kettle of fish (my mom might have said that) a pun on Namor perhaps, but there have been so many other changes and differences it really is no longer the comics.
    If it was, comic readership might have benefited. That's a hard call actually, so nevermind.
    Exactly! Comic readers just have to remember that the movies are NOT the comics. They are adaptations. As I've said before, the MCU has already robbed Namor of so much, so I'm hoping we get the essence of Namor in the movies, even if we don't get the exact elements and history, as well as a good story. I've always said I'm not so concerned if the actor looks exactly like Namor as long as he is a great actor and can portray the awesomeness of Namor. That's partly why I'm good with Huerta. I think he is a good actor.

A movie stand up display. If I see this I WILL be taking pics with it. I hope they don't mind my finger prints on certain letters. LOL!

Hollywood Reporter is saying that the run time on Wakanda Forever is going to be 2 hours and 41 minutes! Don't order the giant size soda!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235228098/

Rumor also has it that tickets are going to go on sale Monday, October 3. Not sure about that, but the run time seems legit. Hopefully that means there will be some time dedicated to Namor and Atlantis.

Naga would be proud of so much serpent imagery in this Namor's bling. See the serpents open their mouth's around the giant pearl in Namor's broad collar?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I think we might get some of the undersea society, but the tech ... well, all we've seen is them riding whales. I mean, that's cool, (it reminds me of the Fremen on the Sand Snakes from Dune) but I haven't seen any tech, other than their face masks.

I hope we see some technology, but I'm not holding my breath. (nyuk nyuk) I'm sure we'll see some type of technology in terms of lifestyle and even maybe even like special weaponry, but in terms of great civilizational technology, I don't know. I get the feeling we wont. Part of the reason is, what we're seeing is Namor and this not-Atlantis isn't just influenced, descended or evolved from pre-Columbian Maya, but the ancient culture seems to have been dropped, whole cloth, right on top of this version of Namor/Atlantis. As if they're walking out of some sort of time-warp. They're wearing ancient tribal cultural stone jewelry, wearing clothing full of animal materials, teeth, bones, skin, fins, etc. They're riding animals, using clubs and spears and even still using hieroglyphics. In Namor's throne room shot, the people, including Namor, are wearing loin cloths, stone jewelry and the seaweed headdress. The MCU is basically going to use ancient Mayan culture and then give them like laser spears, or some sort of little "techie" like weapons, and air breathing reverse scuba gear, and then be like, Bam, see? They're super advanced?

I hope I'm wrong and Namor raises some super battleship from the sea and aims it towards Wakanda, or whatever territory they're fighting over, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I think Namor himself will be this Atlantis' super weapon.

To be fair to the film, this has been an ongoing issue within the comics that also drives me insane. Is Atlantis the most advanced society on earth or is is full of neo-tribal like people with spears and animal mounts? Creators can't seem to resist having Atlanteans riding sharks, and dolphins and all kinds of goofy ****, which was silly even in the early Silver Age. Where are the tanks? Speeders? Ships and cruisers? Flying jet like vessels? Back in the day, both Namor and Dorma had personal ships/cruisers. Namor provided the fighter ship for the Invaders and their adventures. The Silver Age Atlanteans had spears and swords, sure, but they also had all kinds of crazy technology, lasers, bombs, even regular soldiers had personal sidearms. I remember Namor picking up a laser rifle and firing at (Attuma's troops I think) and emboldening his men. Where is this stuff? Why aren't the Atlanteans living in a real modern or futuristic city? Why aren't they being shown in personal vehicles like undersea speeders that are like their own versions of cars and motorbikes? Why doesn't it look more like a beautiful undersea utopia married to Blade Runner cyberpunk? It should be if we are lead to believe this culture is beyond the rest of the world and has been for centuries.

TL;DR: Stop. Riding. Animal. Mounts.
    Last edited by Doombot; 09-27-2022 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Naga would be proud of so much serpent imagery in this Namor's bling. See the serpents open their mouth's around the giant pearl in Namor's broad collar?
    Heh. I guess we aren't going to get the Serpent Crown saga.

Of course, these are probably Feathered Serpents, so not quite the same thing. However, I wonder if on that pectoral if they could represent the two brothers, who create the world (the pearl) from the body of Cipactli?

I was trying to get a good look at his epaulets on the ceremonial gear. At first I thought they were shark heads, but now I am thinking they are like the serpent / crocodiles on the pectoral. They both seem to have teeth.

Heh. I guess we aren't going to get the Serpent Crown saga.

Of course, these are probably Feathered Serpents, so not quite the same thing. However, I wonder if on that pectoral if they could represent the two brothers, who create the world (the pearl) from the body of Cipactli?

I was trying to get a good look at his epaulets on the ceremonial gear. At first I thought they were shark heads, but now I am thinking they are like the serpent / crocodiles on the pectoral. They both seem to have teeth.
    Of course, I'm just messing around, I know they're the feathered serpent god. But I mean, dems a lotta serpents. Naga is grinning somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I hope we see some technology, but I'm not holding my breath. (nyuk nyuk) I'm sure we'll see some type of technology in terms of lifestyle and even maybe even like special weaponry, but in terms of great civilizational technology, I don't know. I get the feeling we wont. Part of the reason is, what we're seeing is Namor and this not-Atlantis isn't just influenced, descended or evolved from pre-Columbian Maya, but the ancient culture seems to have been dropped, whole cloth, right on top of this version of Namor/Atlantis. As if they're walking out of some sort of time-warp. They're wearing ancient tribal cultural stone jewelry, wearing clothing full of animal materials, teeth, bones, skin, fins, etc. They're riding animals, using clubs and spears and even still using hieroglyphics. In Namor's throne room shot, the people, including Namor, are wearing loin cloths, stone jewelry and the seaweed headdress. The MCU is basically going to use ancient Mayan culture and then give them like laser spears, or some sort of little "techie" like weapons, and air breathing reverse scuba gear, and then be like, Bam, see? They're super advanced?

I hope I'm wrong and Namor raises some super battleship from the sea and aims it towards Wakanda, or whatever territory they're fighting over, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I think Namor himself will be this Atlantis' super weapon.

To be fair to the film, this has been an ongoing issue within the comics that also drives me insane. Is Atlantis the most advanced society on earth or is is full of neo-tribal like people with spears and animal mounts? Creators can't seem to resist having Atlanteans riding sharks, and dolphins and all kinds of goofy ****, which was silly even in the early Silver Age. Where are the tanks? Speeders? Ships and cruisers? Flying jet like vessels? Back in the day, both Namor and Dorma had personal ships/cruisers. Namor provided the fighter ship for the Invaders and their adventures. The Silver Age Atlanteans had spears and swords, sure, but they also had all kinds of crazy technology, lasers, bombs, even regular soldiers had personal sidearms. I remember Namor picking up a laser rifle and firing at (Attuma's troops I think) and emboldening his men. Where is this stuff? Why aren't the Atlanteans living in a real modern or futuristic city? Why aren't they being shown in personal vehicles like undersea speeders that are like their own versions of cars and motorbikes? Why doesn't it look more like a beautiful undersea utopia married to Blade Runner cyberpunk? It should be if we are lead to believe this culture is beyond the rest of the world and has been for centuries.

TL;DR: Stop. Riding. Animal. Mounts.
    LOL! Yep. But, sorry, I'm still moved by the whale riding, for Dune reasons. Though dolphins, killer whales, and whales should all be ruled out as underwater mounts, given they have to surface to breath air. And the most tech drawing artist, Kirby, also gave us Namor riding sea turtles. He also gave us a bunch of weird animals, like the Hypno Fish, that the Atlanteans used, like tech.

Atlantis had all that tech stuff in the Silver and Bronze age. They WERE the most advanced society in the MU. Then Lee and Kirby kept adding more secret advanced societies like the Inhumans and Wakanda and the Eternals and we got less and less of Atlantis. Plus, of course, there's the problem of not having a regular book, which makes it difficult to showcase the Atlantean society.

And then in 00s they made the Atlanteans a bunch of nomadic, tattooed medieval weapon carrying cannon fodder, for no reason that I can see. But then you have the underwater city. It's very confusing.

But back to the movie ...That's why I was asking about the 'buttons' on the spear we see in the last Empire Magazine pic. I mean, if Namor is deflecting energy blasts with the spear, it has to more than just a metal stick.