Page 102 of 238 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3557
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor in A.X.E. : Judgement Day #2
    WHAT?! They were here in the Philippines?! Please tell more (with spoiler tags of course). I need to know!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    WHAT?! They were here in the Philippines?! Please tell more (with spoiler tags of course). I need to know!
    spoilers:
    Namor aids the X-Men, Jean Grey, in trapping the Minotaur at the bottom of the sea and then it cuts to a shot from the distance showing The Philippines, then somehow there was damage done to the Earth's mantle and then earthquakes and other natural disasters are happening while the heroes are tryting to stop/contain it.
    end of spoilers
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

spoilers:
    …then somehow there was damage done to the Earth's mantle and then earthquakes and other natural disasters are happening while the heroes are tryting to stop/contain it.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks. Now I know
    spoilers:
    Whom to blame for our recent earthquakes, lol.
    end of spoilers
    I think this is one event I can't hold off for Marvel Unlimited and get the digital copy. And with more Namor to come.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Thanks. Now I know
    spoilers:
    Whom to blame for our recent earthquakes, lol.
    end of spoilers
    I think this is one event I can't hold off for Marvel Unlimited and get the digital copy. And with more Namor to come.
    lol, I will def post more Namor when he shows up!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

By next week we should be getting the November comics so maybe there will be more Namor!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    By next week we should be getting the November comics so maybe there will be more Namor!
    At the very least, we should be getting the second issue of Cantwell's Namor book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Just have to say this here.

Boy are there a bunch of ignorant and blind people on twitter.

I'm going to make some Namor merchandise purchases to cleanse my brain and reward my ... sacrifice.

Back to your regular Namor appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-13-2022 at 11:15 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I've been busy creating fanwork for Invaders Week 2022! It's being hosted on fyeahinvaders on tumblr and I will continue to be busy until the week is done, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just have to say this here.

Boy are there a bunch of ignorant and blind people on twitter.

I'm going to make some Namor merchandise purchases to cleanse my brain and reward my ... sacrifice.

Back to your regular Namor appreciation thread.
    It's very frustrating on twitter. ):

I've been busy creating fanwork for Invaders Week 2022! It's being hosted on fyeahinvaders on tumblr and I will continue to be busy until the week is done, lol.

It's very frustrating on twitter. ):
    Yes, it is.

Well, no surprise, but Invaders Week has snuck up on me. Looking forward to see what more effective people post.

So, I got two shirts from T E E Public:

MCU Namor

https://www.T E E Public.com/t-shirt...tore_id=259916

And this Classic Golden Age one from Spiky Tortoise Comics of Namor and Torch fighting in front of the Statue of Liberty.

[img]https://res.cloudinary.com/*********/image/private/s--opwyUiGe--/t_Resized%20Artwork/c_crop,x_10,y_10/c_fit,h_626/c_crop,g_north_west,h_626,w_470,x_-32,y_0/g_north_west,u_upload:v1468361755roduction:blanks:ao7fb4tfadj8v4fkmc1o,x_-427,y_-325/b_rgb:eeeeee/c_limit,f_auto,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1658263617/production/designs/33399722_0.jpg[/img]

https://www.T E E Public.com/t-shirt...al-human-torch

Sigh. I hate the censors here. Fill in the * with T E E Public -- no spaces.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-14-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Another article where the author hasn't read a single Namor comic. Literally not a SINGLE Namor comic is in this list. WTF?

Ten Best Namor Comic Book Story Lines.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Another article where the author hasn't read a single Namor comic. Literally not a SINGLE Namor comic is in this list. WTF?

Ten Best Namor Comic Book Story Lines.
    Sheesh...I think Namor was only in a couple of panels in The Depths and that was a multi issue mini series!

They could have at least included an arc or two from the Sub-Mariner series from the 1970s

Sheesh...I think Namor was only in a couple of panels in The Depths and that was a multi issue mini series!

They could have at least included an arc or two from the Sub-Mariner series from the 1970s
    Exactly.

The Depths is an AU story, which, yes, barely has any panels with him. It IS a good story, but I'd hardly tell someone interested in 616 Namor to read this.

Even Atlantis Attacks, they 'killed' Namor off in the first issue!

These might be good stories, which Namor plays a role, but they are hardly good Namor stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Other forums I participate on, I do change such settings.

I'm not sure I'd ever want to view these or other forums on my phone. Can't stand typing on tiny devices. Tablet might work.
    Me either. My fingers seem too big for the phone. I don't like the tablet, either, in part for the same reason, and in part, because it's too small of a keyboard, I can't really type with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It would be sad and pretty hokey if the comics altered Namor, but it would probably be like this:

Yet another hidden race of beings, underwater, who've never, ever been seen or noticed before, and somehow someway

they're connected to Atlantis and such. If the movie Namor gained much traction there, we could even see Namor fully embracing this new heritage.

One thing that would happen.

There would be a new Dorma look alike or analog.

I don't know. I think they are going with Namora as a love interest in the MCU.

I really hope they don't try for any MCU synergy. It's just too much juggling for 80 real years of history. Just make it a variant, IF they want to do that. Like I said eariler, they should just make an MCU comicverse, and do a limited number of comics there.

Probably not. The tickets are sold in advance and I think they are still going under COVID spacing on the tickets. My sisters and I might go in the fall meet though. I remember going to the Blue Grass stakes there and won some money on Alydar. I did go to Arlington Race Track a lot with my sisters. I even saw Secretariat at the special invitational race they created to sure the owners entered him there after the Triple Crown. He went at such short odds a lot of people didn't cash in their tickets. I saved mine too. I have it in a box somewhere. Here's a photo I took of him after he retired to Claiborne Farms in Lexington. They gave him the same stall as his sire Bold Ruler.

I really don't go much to the track any more and I don't follow the races as much except for Triple Crown season. My sisters still do a lot of wagering on the online betting sites. They are good in some respects but I think between those and the pandemic, track attendance isn't as much these days.

These are amazing! I never got to see Secretariat, or many race horses. But IIRC, I first got interested in horse racing because of his stablemate, Riva Ridge, and then him. I had a scrapbook with clippings of their races ... I'm sure it's gone now. At some point, I'd love to go up to Kentucky Horse Park and see the retired champions. Actually, they have a racehorse community in Aiken, SC, which about an hour away. Kelso trained there. And the Dogwood Stables syndicate were based out there. I think they actually have a museum there. It's definitely on my list of places to visit.

Yeah, the tickets for Breeders Cup are pricey. I got to go once at Churchill Downs in 2000, I think, which was a great experience. It's too bad Arlington closed. Attendance is down. And I think the regular coverage of horseracing has been reduced quite a bit, which makes me sad.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-15-2022 at 12:48 AM.