Page 220 of 238 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I love seeing this concept art, and how pieces of it ended up in the movie -- like the lion fish spines. Is that supposed to be Namor with the ribbon cloak descending into the hammer head sharks?

It is interesting that they are all wearing the Namor shame shorts.

Speaking of ...

WHAT THE HECK are these speedos made of that a jet engine explosion doesn't burn them right off of him???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I finally went to see Wakanda Forever last night and boy was I happy to see Namor so well done. To be honest, I think at 2 hours and 41 minutes the movie could have been a bit shorter. Combined with all the trailers, etc. it was about a 3 hour experience all told. I was glad that the Emagine theater in my neck of the woods had done a complete refresh of the exterior and interior over the past 2 years. It was like watching a movie at home in a big comfy adjustable recliner! I really was glad for that considering how long it was.

I don't think I can add anything new here from what already has been discussed. The MCU definitely has a new star in Tenoch Huerta and I am so glad I did get his Funko and Marvel Legends figures. But I still have a soft spot for classic Namor of the comics. Do you think he will be changed there to align with the movies? Maybe they can come up with a kind of combination of the two.

One thing that puzzled me was Lake Bell's role in the movie. I recall watching some of the red carpet appearances for the premiere, she was asked the name of the character she would be playing. You can see in this YouTube clip that she said she couldn't reveal it.

I still can't figure out who she was supposed to be. The end credits just listed her name. I looked on the cast listing on IMDB and they list her character name as "Dr Graham". Why keep that a secret. I've seen some theories around the usual comic news sites about it before the release of the movie and it was said she did have a Marvel character name but it was linked to someone else with a strong link to Doctor Doom. Oh well, the wait continues for his debut.
    I'm glad you got to see it and enjoyed Namor. I was hoping you would.

I don't know what the heck was going on with the trailers and pre-movie show the last time I went. The movie started 22 minutes after the showtime! I'm used to 10 minutes of trailers. And yes, I could have done without so much Riri, but since she's getting a show, I guess they thought that was a good investment.

I hope Marvel doesn't try for movie synergy, but realizes finally what a great character Namor is and invests in character with an ongoing.

Lake Bell sure did make a big deal of it, didn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think she was a scrapped storyline.

She was probably going to be used to hint at Dr. Doom (although they never planned to show him). However, probably just left her for dead.
    Do you think so? They wouldn't have had to change her name, given how things ended.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    is the second one Namorita?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    is the second one Namorita?
    No, is Namora, the original one.

No, is Namora, the original one.
    Yeah, that's what I thought: original Old-time Namora and modern Namora.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Namor Nation!

I wanted to share with you a 3 photo series that I have always dreamed of doing, Im talking 2 years and 8 Namor cosplays later. I wanted to showcase all of Namor's together, we broke them up in 3, 3, 2 and here are the results. I love this character more than any other, and I hope that my work shows for it! Frankly it's kinda crazy as I come up on my 2 year mark since starting this journey that I have accomplished 8 Namor cosplays. (Which will actually round out at 9 cause I am almost done with Hellfire Gala Namor for LA Comic Con)

Phoenix Five, Speedo, Atlantis Attacks

King in Black, All New Invaders, Conquered Shores

MCU

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Namor Nation!

I wanted to share with you a 3 photo series that I have always dreamed of doing, Im talking 2 years and 8 Namor cosplays later. I wanted to showcase all of Namor's together, we broke them up in 3, 3, 2 and here are the results. I love this character more than any other, and I hope that my work shows for it! Frankly it's kinda crazy as I come up on my 2 year mark since starting this journey that I have accomplished 8 Namor cosplays. (Which will actually round out at 9 cause I am almost done with Hellfire Gala Namor for LA Comic Con)

MCU

WOW! Beautiful costumes, gorgeous backdrops and powerful and regal posing!

Thank you so much for sharing with us. Your hard work is certainly visible. I love all of the different looks!

Is this the Pacific Ocean (westcoast USA) backdrop? I l love the rocky formations and in many shots the water is so blue!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    WOW! Beautiful costumes, gorgeous backdrops and powerful and regal posing!

Thank you so much for sharing with us. Your hard work is certainly visible. I love all of the different looks!

Is this the Pacific Ocean (westcoast USA) backdrop? I l love the rocky formations and in many shots the water is so blue!
    It is, I sure am lucky that I am a Namor cosplayer and I live only 40minutes from Malibu!

It is, I sure am lucky that I am a Namor cosplayer and I live only 40minutes from Malibu!
    I knew it, lol!

I love the westcoast, especially along the coastline!

You are so lucky indeed! You could be on the beach on New Year's Day and enjoy the weather!

Namor Nation!

MCU

OMG! NamorCosplay, these are amazing!!! I love how you put it all together in three photos -- something I never expected to see. Gorgeous!

And you can see how much work you've put into these costume in only two years?!! Like you have three different tridents!

Thank you so much for being a Namor fan and sharing all your creativity and love for the character.

I love this comparison. Also shows you that Namor is the reasonable Atlantean. LOL!

Namora being frozen for decades and rescued by airbreathers may have something to do with her change in attitude. She gave Namor heck for it when she told him she was staying with Atlas.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm glad you got to see it and enjoyed Namor. I was hoping you would.

I don't know what the heck was going on with the trailers and pre-movie show the last time I went. The movie started 22 minutes after the showtime! I'm used to 10 minutes of trailers. And yes, I could have done without so much Riri, but since she's getting a show, I guess they thought that was a good investment.

I hope Marvel doesn't try for movie synergy, but realizes finally what a great character Namor is and invests in character with an ongoing.

Lake Bell sure did make a big deal of it, didn't she?

Do you think so? They wouldn't have had to change her name, given how things ended.
    Some of the click bait sites theorized that she would be playing a Latverian character Lucia Von Bardas. She was a character created by Bendis for his Secret War mini series (which had nothing to do with the other Secret Wars stuff). In the comics, she was briefly an aversary of Ironheart/RiRi Williams. I usually ignore most of those sites that would throw out these unconfirmed news items but that one did make sense to me. Plus in the Doomwar story, Doom was after vibraniium. And it would be a big reveal if that were Lake Bell's character name. It could be that they just tacked on another character name if their plans changed to not have a second end credit scene and not distract from the Black Panther legacy etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-28-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Some of the click bait sites theorized that she would be playing a Latverian character Lucia Von Bardas. She was a character created by Bendis for his Secret War mini series (which had nothing to do with the other Secret Wars stuff). In the comics, she was briefly an aversary of Ironheart/RiRi Williams. I usually ignore most of those sites that would throw out these unconfirmed news items but that one did make sense to me. Plus in the Doomwar story, Doom was after vibraniium. And it would be a big reveal if that were Lake Bell's character name. It could be that they just tacked on another character name if their plans changed to not have a second end credit scene and not distract from the Black Panther legacy etc.
    It was already almost 3 hours long. I don't think they wanted to add ANOTHER plotline to the movie, but focus on Ross and the CIA. I didn't realize she had any connection to Ironheart. Maybe, if she survives she'll show up in Iron Heart, though I don't know about that either, since they seem to be going with The Hood, of all characters.

NEWSWEEK has an interview with one of the film editors of Wakanda Forever that had me me screaming "Nooooooo! Need those cut scenes!!"

https://www.newsweek.com/black-panth...oseman-1762632

Already there is a lot to work with in the film, but originally the Marvel flick was over four and a half hours long (it's now two hours 40 minutes long) and so there were certain things that needed to be cut, and storylines that needed to be reworked.

The scene in which Namor introduces Shuri to Talokan was much longer, for example, while there was a whole storyline with Shuri, Riri and Namor that had to be cut for time.

"Knowing what's going to make the movie and what's not is sort of the first steps and that's very difficult," Shawver shared. "There was a subplot in it where Shuri and Riri work together to help Namor do something in Talokan, and it was the vessel for Shuri and Riri to bond and to feel their smart scientists' connection that they have, which we were able to implement later in the movie with reshoots."

Relating the process of cutting this plot for time to playing with a particularly difficult Rubik's Cube, Shawver added: "When we took that section out that solved one problem, but then came several other issues because then we felt like Riri wasn't as involved in the story in the movie.

"[She] basically became a MacGuffin as opposed to a real character which we don't like, people should be fleshed out, real people. And so we had to find ways to have them connect."

They did so through reshoots, which saw Shuri and Riri come up with a plan together to defeat Namor by stopping him from being able to absorb oxygen through his skin.

But it also meant that they needed to rework the whole middle section of the film: "Once that gets taken out then there was less of a relationship, but there was also less plot stuff that [was] keeping us informed.

"So, then, we realized 'Okay, while [Shuri's] down there [in Talokan], we need to have Ramonda be more active to get her daughter back, and we need to get to Lupita [Nyong'o, who plays Nakia] a little quicker, we need to get her involved.

"It was that sort of middle chunk, that [idea of] how do we move this along in a good way?"

And more on the relationship between Namor and Shuri.

One thing that has stood out amongst fans since the film was released is Shuri's bond with Namor, and whether there is any potential for romance between the pair.

When they first meet, Namor urges Shuri and her mother Queen Ramonda to work with him to retrieve the scientist responsible for making a Vibranium detector, Riri, or face the wrath of Talokan.

Later, when Shuri goes to Talokan with Riri, the Talokan leader tells the Wakandan princess of his history, and how his people came to establish the underwater nation after being oppressed by Spanish colonizers. Namor shows Shuri his kingdom and she comes to realize how similar Talokan is to Wakanda and this has inspired some fans to believe a romance could be on the cards for them.

Shawver explained that idea was something that was discussed during the film's creation process, and was even something they tested, but ultimately Shuri's bond with Namor felt like it should be something different.

"I think what's really interesting is there were takes where there was some connection there," Shawver said. "And at one point in an early cut we discussed like, 'Hey, do we leave it there? Do we just put it out there? Let's just add some complexity to the relationship.'

"But, then, you've got to watch out for portraying, for example, Shuri flirting to get what she wants as opposed to being a diplomatic leader and becoming the leader that she needs to be, that she'll get to at the end.

"So what we ultimately focused on was Namor's line where he says 'only the most damaged people can be truly great leaders', and that's planting the seed of the shared trauma that she realizes at the end [of the film].

"But that's essentially who they are, they're trying to lead and be a leader of their nations with all this pain, carrying around this heavy heart."

The editor explained that Namor "sort of became [a] big brother" to Shuri "because of the similarity she saw when she saw their world and hearing the story." He added that there is "obviously a shared cultural trauma between his people and her people" and "what she lost at the beginning he started to fill that void, and that felt the most genuine to the characters."

Even so, that didn't mean that the editors and Coogler felt the pair were completely unsuited to each other, because Shawver said: "They relate, and I think that anytime we can relate to somebody there can be undertones of that kind of thing, you know what I mean?"

Referring to how Namor gave Shuri his mother's bracelet in the film, the editor added: "Honestly, we've got to keep ourselves sane and laugh a lot, especially with the tougher moments or the serious moments, so we would always joke that when he gave her that bracelet they were married now, and she didn't know it.

"There's a whole different movie where she's like, 'wait, what, I'm the queen of Talokan now?'"
    JOKING. He said JOKING!

Please don't give a heart attack like that.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-29-2022 at 12:36 PM.