Page 69 of 238 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    However MCU Namor turns out at least it won't be NIX the barely Namor from the Universal attempt. Thinking about that script makes my eyes bleed. It literally stripped Namor of everything that made him his character.

It did have a cool Warlord Krang and an epic undersea battle.

But yes, Nix was awful.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

How is MCU Namor a wanna be Namor? That would be something like Black Adam or even Ocean Master who both heavily take things from Namor, a Mesoamerican Namor would just be a different take on Namor. TBH I am really glad Namor was not in DS2, because I don't want Namor's first appearance in a movie ever to be one where he got killed off like it was nothing. I'm sure Marvel will be doing another Illuminati soon enough if they are going the secret wars hickman fantastic four way.
    It's a radical take on Namor -- an AU Namor. Like I said, he's basically been stripped of all of comic book Namor's history. I'm still reconciling myself to the rumors we've heard of MCU Namor. But I'm consoling myself with what we did get ... the ankle wings and the 'speedo' and most importantly, biracial.

Yes, I agree. We'll probably see the Illuminati again. MCU does love Hickman.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I've been going through some files, trying to organize my stuff and found this old background I did, not sure if I ever shared it here but I do think when I have more time in the future I will do more like these, maybe something thats like a collection, golden, silver, bronze etc covers that feature Namor.

I think this was another case of fans stepping up to create the 'merchandise' that Marvel neglected to do so for Namor. IIRC, this was for the 80th Anniversary.

Regardless, it is AWESOME! And it would be cool to have some for each 'age.'

Found this cool image titled Kraken Master by Clark Huggins, that, sans barnacles, reminds me very much of Namor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgE4mFzO..._web_copy_link

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think this was another case of fans stepping up to create the 'merchandise' that Marvel neglected to do so for Namor. IIRC, this was for the 80th Anniversary.

Regardless, it is AWESOME! And it would be cool to have some for each 'age.'
    Yes that's a great idea, like maybe 3 or 4 or more different sets that include all of his covers!

Found this cool image titled Kraken Master by Clark Huggins, that, sans barnacles, reminds me very much of Namor.

That is so beautiful!!! He even has the pointed ears.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yes that's a great idea, like maybe 3 or 4 or more different sets that include all of his covers!

That is so beautiful!!! He even has the pointed ears.
    I thought so. The long hair seems an afterthought, and doesn't quite match up with the side closest to the viewer, also.

Nope. I was confused. THIS is the one you did at my request for the 80th Anniversary.

created by ImperiusWrecked

But it may have been a Namor centeric take on the 70th Anniversary Poster.

Last edited by Reviresco; 07-19-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh yes I remember that one, my editing skills have gotten a bit better since then so hopefully I will make more Namor edits in the future, I do have lots of pngs/icon stuff where its ready to be inserted with any background but I will need to figure out a way to share it all so that more fans can have access to use them, not sure if google has something like that for pictures but I will ponder it another day. I am still upset with Marvel for totally ignoring Namor's 80th, we should have gotten specials like the 70th anniversary stuff!

Thinking about editing stuff really makes me hate how tumblr is so limited in their blog stuff, my dream as you know is to have a whole website with a complete and accurate Namor database but when I looked into it it seems fansites have fallen out of fashion and are much harder and more expensive to maintain these days since everything is connected to social media. But this does remind me that I have not updated pillow fort in ages, so I will need to figure out if there is a way to utilize that. What I really want is a gallery feature on my namor blog to be able to input every piece of namor art so when you hover over it it gives the artist name/date so that I can view it whenever I want since I am tired of searching through my many files to find stuff. lol. but dont mind me rambling, I will get myself organized one day.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

You know, that just doesn't look like Byrne's work ... and it's an odd Iron Man. I'd have to see more of his Iron Man art, but I think Byrne's style lends it self to more organic forms, rather than the mechanical / machine look of Iron Man.
    Personally, I've always liked his version of Iron Man

That would actually be an interesting direction to take an MCU adaptation of Namor: barnacle basked armor costuming. Big screen Namor could have the exotic sensual quality of the Rebecca Romijn Mystique with the barnacles being his version of the "scales".
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That would actually be an interesting direction to take an MCU adaptation of Namor: barnacle basked armor costuming. Big screen Namor could have the exotic sensual quality of the Rebecca Romijn Mystique with the barnacles being his version of the "scales".
    Hmmmm. I'll have to think on that. This one is too much like Pirates of the Carribean, than Mystique though.

Though it might look better on another character like Attuma or Orka.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I've always liked his version of Iron Man
    Okay, that looks more like Byrne to me ... but it still just doesn't seem quite right. I'm guessing this may just be my own personal take, however.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-20-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Another Namor article on Marvel.com. Three in a week??? Gee. Might they be announcing something major for Namor? LOL!

Black Panther and Namor

Not a bad article, but a few things off, or not as I remember.

Stacked up together, it unknowingly shows that many of these conflicts start with BP trying to claim rights over everyone, whether they are Wakandan or not.

But my favorite part is the bit where the writer says BP nearly killed Namor, then showing the panels where it happens, and where BP clearly says, he's not killing Namor -- LOL!

And once again, I'm reminded how ridiculous some of the Avengers (Cap and Tony) are, when they came after the Phoenix Five (who were created by Tony), and yet has a word been said about Phoenix Echo on the Avengers???

Oh yes I remember that one, my editing skills have gotten a bit better since then so hopefully I will make more Namor edits in the future, I do have lots of pngs/icon stuff where its ready to be inserted with any background but I will need to figure out a way to share it all so that more fans can have access to use them, not sure if google has something like that for pictures but I will ponder it another day. I am still upset with Marvel for totally ignoring Namor's 80th, we should have gotten specials like the 70th anniversary stuff!
    Oh there's a huge list of Namor Neglect for all his anniversaries. Not only did we not get any one-shots / series, but we didn't get the cool anniversary logo that everyone and their uncle has gotten on their anniversaries, like this.

And then there's the line wide variant covers.

And not even going to get into the lack of merchandise. Something I hope to see rectified by an MCU appearance.

Thinking about editing stuff really makes me hate how tumblr is so limited in their blog stuff, my dream as you know is to have a whole website with a complete and accurate Namor database but when I looked into it it seems fansites have fallen out of fashion and are much harder and more expensive to maintain these days since everything is connected to social media. But this does remind me that I have not updated pillow fort in ages, so I will need to figure out if there is a way to utilize that. What I really want is a gallery feature on my namor blog to be able to input every piece of namor art so when you hover over it it gives the artist name/date so that I can view it whenever I want since I am tired of searching through my many files to find stuff. lol. but dont mind me rambling, I will get myself organized one day.
    I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish with the fansite. I mean, as a forum, probably not. But as an info source, I don't think they can be beaten. I've had a domain for forever, and they aren't too expensive, but I just haven't gotten around to doing the site. Maybe this year. LOL! But yes, one thing I'd love to have is a gallery. Plus a database of appearances, like at EmmaFrostFiles.

Well, I had to stomach Black Bolt and Reed's first appearance having them killed; sucks, yeah.

A not real Namor, Meso or any other iteration, is a wanna be, to me, in the sense that it just isn't true enough to what comic versions say he should be.

All the folks who say "it is not integral" to Sue, Reed, whoever, that they not be/look like the comic, can go pound.

I certainly want a real Namor as I would any of the other characters. I realize some things adapt.

I was quiite cool with black Kingpin in the older DD movie, and similar stuff, but I have my ideaLs

and I actually put up with a lot of less than desired.
    No Invaders mentioned in First Avenger? But the red haired guy with the mustache and derby had to be picture perfect from the comics, yet, really big character compared to others?

Didn't it seem Illuminati was a big part of Secret Wars, and thus we would get we got plus probably other scenes. They may be one of the key essences that remain in a build up to Secret Wars.

If it helps any,

with would DC did with Aquaman, well

... there's a real Namor - Wanna Be.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all