Page 101 of 238 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3557

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I view CBR on a number of computers/laptops. 2 at home and 4 or 5 at work, since it is a library and I am occasionally operating a different one. I may have only been viewing CBR on a total of 3 or 4 'putes, but they all said 100 pages. Since they're public computers I am not sure how the default setting works.
    Yes indeed. Mine said "100", so I celebrate(d)! Happy 100th Namor.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Always a good idea.
    It's just how I am---I like to share my positivity---and I know all of you on Namor's thread appreciate it too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    True. I changed mine from the default quite a while ago so that I see more posts per page. Most posters probably don't even know where the settings are or they're just happy with what they have. I rarely use my cellphone to view the forum so it may be different on that device. Or on my Ipad Pro which I use if I am traveling, which I've not done much of since the pandemic. I hope to go to Lexington, Ky later this fall to see some horse races at Keeneland race track.
    I didn't know you were a horse racing fan! I'm not obsessed like Namor and Comics, but I try to follow the major races. Are you going to the Breeders' Cup at Keenland?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I didn't know you were a horse racing fan! I'm not obsessed like Namor and Comics, but I try to follow the major races. Are you going to the Breeders' Cup at Keenland?
    Probably not. The tickets are sold in advance and I think they are still going under COVID spacing on the tickets. My sisters and I might go in the fall meet though. I remember going to the Blue Grass stakes there and won some money on Alydar. I did go to Arlington Race Track a lot with my sisters. I even saw Secretariat at the special invitational race they created to sure the owners entered him there after the Triple Crown. He went at such short odds a lot of people didn't cash in their tickets. I saved mine too. I have it in a box somewhere. Here's a photo I took of him after he retired to Claiborne Farms in Lexington. They gave him the same stall as his sire Bold Ruler.

I really don't go much to the track any more and I don't follow the races as much except for Triple Crown season. My sisters still do a lot of wagering on the online betting sites. They are good in some respects but I think between those and the pandemic, track attendance isn't as much these days.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-09-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Coogler: Can you swim?
    Tenoch: I've never drowned.
    From this video summing up a fan translation of an interview with Tenoch when he first talked to Coogler about the role, Tenoch thought he was going to be a Shaman or something at first!

Edit: Thread link with it all written down!

Last Edit:

"So, like two years ago, more or less, I was working in a movie in New Orleans, when my agents called me to say that I was going to get a [video] call from Ryan Coogler... And no one knew anything about that call. They didn’t even tell any of us what was going on.
    Obviously, you must sign up all the confidentiality agreements first. When Ryan called me, he began to explain to me the story of a character, which they were going to re write to adapt certain things, about the story of Namor. And then he spoke of warriors, of a shaman, and a lot of other stuff and suddenly… the video crashed! It was like that for about three or four minutes!
    And then he’s back again and asks, ‘So, what do you think?’ And I was like… ‘Hell yeah! Yes sir, I’m all about it. Then he asked me, ‘Can you swim?’ And I was like, ‘Well, I’ve never drowned, right?’ he laughed.
    Then my agents called me back, to ask about how it went. I told them that he mentioned warriors and a shaman, so I guessed he was asking me to be the shaman, right? They told me they were going to ask for more details, ‘It must be an important character if the director himself called you’, so they asked them and when they called me back once again they were like ‘Hey, you fool! They're offering you one of the leads! Not a shaman or anything like that!' 'The video call crashed!' I explained to them.
    And then they too asked me, 'But, you can swim, right?' 'Well, yes, I’ve never drowned.'" After that, the producer called me, Nate, and he explained to me the whole story. Once more they asked, ‘Can you swim?’ I kept saying: ‘I’ve never drowned’ He laughed too. My agent and my team insisted, ‘Seriously, can you swim?’, ‘I’ve never drowned’" We’re serious.' ‘I’m serious too, I’ve never drowned. I can’t swim but I’ve never drowned. I mean, I can survive’. ‘MF! Why you didn’t say it anything?! You must say these things!’ [Laughs]."
    So, I took intensive swimming lessons. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I only said, ‘yes, sir’. Like Francisco Villa used to say: ‘Shoot, You’ll figure it out later on.’" And that’s what I did, I figured it out later: what the hell was going on, or if I could or couldn’t’ swim.
    For two years that’s what I did." Since two years ago, it was all about waiting for the right conditions, waiting for a script, for the things that needed to be worked on. And afterwards, all the preparation. Since January or February from last year, approximately, I was totally immersed and working 100% on this project. And that’s about it. Look, here it is. Here it is at last. Finally I can talk about it without being sued by Mr. Marvel.”

- Tenoch Huerta speaking about how he got the role of Namor in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, as translated by fans.

Original Source: Tenoch Huerta on his role as Namor, 07/29/2022. Translation made from a fan, for the fans. Original interview in Spanish: Warkentin, G., & Risco, J. (Hosts). Así las Cosas [Audio podcast]. W Radio Mexico.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 08-09-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

This is an awesome piece! I was going to post it earlier but got distracted. The artist is selling prints of it. Guess what I'll be buying.

https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/artofmattz/namor/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow....that looks great. But I still like classic Namor. I don't know if I can get used to this look. I hope the change doesn't carry over into the comics.

I searched that store and found a Doom print that I like too!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-09-2022 at 09:09 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    if we don't get a scene like this in the film I will riot

It would be sad and pretty hokey if the comics altered Namor, but it would probably be like this:

Yet another hidden race of beings, underwater, who've never, ever been seen or noticed before, and somehow someway

they're connected to Atlantis and such. If the movie Namor gained much traction there, we could even see Namor fully embracing this new heritage.

One thing that would happen.

There would be a new Dorma look alike or analog.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Six minutes old as I post this.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel is finally coming out with more Namor videos

Edit: LOL, sorry I didn't refresh my page and see that you had already posted this

Namor in A.X.E. : Judgement Day #2

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor in A.X.E. : Judgement Day #2
    Well, I was wondering if Gillen was going to actually use one of the few characters with ties to all three factions. Though ... not exactly Namor like.