Page 137 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3557

Agree with this.

In some ways, the decision or idea to change Namor as radically as they have serves 2 purposes. Obviously trying to differentiate Namor from Aquaman. I have very mixed feelings about their decision to alter from the source material so much.
    But I'm willing to view the final product and see or imagine how it may work out.

But the first Panther movie exceed so well, because it brought this coherent view of an Afro-futuristic society to a very large, beyond comics' fans audience.
    So it really seems like they're doing this again with the different view of an advanced (and also hidden) civilization.

So it is/was imperative that they bring 'us' this incredible iteration of Atlantis, however named.
    Admittedly the comics use of Panther and Namor as mostly downright hostile and enemies really washes poorly to me.

Kind of like how Wanda's character was destroyed by DA years ago.

But Namor has a good chance to / eventually pull into his correct hero role.
    I had heard that trailer editing was possibly keeping out a character who will die tragically.
    Panther's Queen Ramonda. My guess is mis direction in plotting will show someone else was the villain, Attuma, possibly.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

PS:
    Namor's flight looks wondrous!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Marvel is an intriguing position with Namor.

Do they fully realize what they have and have a roadmap for him? Seems like Marvel wasnt quite prepared for Black Panther and its success. Otherwise they would have had a sequel out before Boseman died (or at least a completed film).

Cause if Namor kills Ramonda thats going to be a tough one to overlook. Cause its a tricky balance with retribution and redemption.

Also curious on their long term plans with him and Doom. How they handle their interactions.
    I would LOVE to think Feige has a roadmap for Namor, especially considering he's had the entire MCU era of over a decade to make one for him. That said, I doubt it. Again, I think we owe Namor's appearance to the creatives, i.e. Coogler. But rumor has it that Feige and company were impressed with Huerta's take on Namor, and are now thinking of a franchise for him. Again, that's a RUMOR, but it's one I hope is true. I hope we get a Disney + show followed by a movie.

Sadly, I think the problem with a Boseman Black Panther sequel, was Boseman's illness.

I can't believe we've got Namor flooding Wakanda in this movie. But I don't think they will kill off another Wakandan character, given the funeral for T'challa. I think Ramonda will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Just give me Namor dressing down Doom that's all I need
    I definitely have a weakness for SVTU, but I'm not so sure Doom is going to show up here.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I hope that's a team up

Highly unlikely, trailer shows Namor and Ramonda speaking on the beach.
    That might be the last few scenes where they make peace ...or will they keep the war going a decade like in the source material?
    Man, I hope not. But I think Namor and Ramonda are speaking on the beach at the beginning of the movie -- it explains how the conflict gets started. In the D23 footage, you can hear Namor saying Wakanda opening up has compromised his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Are we forgetting About Atuma?
    Atuma Probably kills Ramonda.
    Namor probably feels remorse but he must not show it because of pride and doing what it takes to protect his people then realizes Atuma will eventually betray him then yeah.
    Well, they haven't released any real footage with Attuma or Namora, other than as background. I don't think he's going to be exactly like the comic Attuma -- perhaps more like an Atlantean Warlord. Though, there was a fan theory that we were discussing, from myths of the creation of the Fourth World, that Attuma and Namor might represent Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl -- war and wisdom? Basically rival groups.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have a fondness for the SVTU days too but also have my doubts about Doom showing up in an end credits scene too. But still looking forward to seeing the movie.

BTW, I didn't take pix but the Hot Topic had all the Wakanda figures like Namora and Attuma (still wish they gave us the traditional look on him) plus the Wakandans and RiRi Williams. I am going to be checking out Target and Game Stop sometime this week. Target already had the Hasbro Namor listed on their website. I've seen some sites listing the availability as October 17th so he may be on the shelves soon. I'm really liking how the Funko version turned out. Very colorful with waves being on his base.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-03-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Here's my commission by Kinho Anderson!

https://www.instagram.com/kinhoandersons/?hl=en
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-03-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    DZUB!!!! It's so good to see you again! Hope everything has been going well with you.

And yes! It's a great time to be a Namor fan.

I am very curious where this 'god' business is going. I remember Huerta talking about a shaman role, so there's definitely going to be a mystical side to the character.
    Yes it has, much better than the last time i posted here in 2018
    Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Agree with this.

In some ways, the decision or idea to change Namor as radically as they have serves 2 purposes. Obviously trying to differentiate Namor from Aquaman. I have very mixed feelings about their decision to alter from the source material so much.
    But I'm willing to view the final product and see or imagine how it may work out.

But the first Panther movie exceed so well, because it brought this coherent view of an Afro-futuristic society to a very large, beyond comics' fans audience.
    So it really seems like they're doing this again with the different view of an advanced (and also hidden) civilization.

So it is/was imperative that they bring 'us' this incredible iteration of Atlantis, however named.
    Admittedly the comics use of Panther and Namor as mostly downright hostile and enemies really washes poorly to me.

I had heard that trailer editing was possibly keeping out a character who will die tragically.
    Panther's Queen Ramonda. My guess is mis direction in plotting will show someone else was the villain, Attuma, possibly.

I can't remember the last Mesoamerican centric movie after Apocalypto.
    This is definitely a good lane to take.

Wakanda Atlantis have been fighting for over a decade now..like let it go??
    Why is'nt BP bringing up stuff from Doomwar ? or Black Bolt still getting flak for releasing terrigen mists globally?

I would LOVE to think Feige has a roadmap for Namor, especially considering he's had the entire MCU era of over a decade to make one for him. That said, I doubt it. Again, I think we owe Namor's appearance to the creatives, i.e. Coogler. But rumor has it that Feige and company were impressed with Huerta's take on Namor, and are now thinking of a franchise for him. Again, that's a RUMOR, but it's one I hope is true. I hope we get a Disney + show followed by a movie.

Sadly, I think the problem with a Boseman Black Panther sequel, was Boseman's illness.

I can't believe we've got Namor flooding Wakanda in this movie. But I don't think they will kill off another Wakandan character, given the funeral for T'challa. I think Ramonda will be ok.

Man, I hope not. But I think Namor and Ramonda are speaking on the beach at the beginning of the movie -- it explains how the conflict gets started. In the D23 footage, you can hear Namor saying Wakanda opening up has compromised his people.

Well, they haven't released any real footage with Attuma or Namora, other than as background. I don't think he's going to be exactly like the comic Attuma -- perhaps more like an Atlantean Warlord. Though, there was a fan theory that we were discussing, from myths of the creation of the Fourth World, that Attuma and Namor might represent Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl -- war and wisdom? Basically rival groups.
    A D+ series on Talocan would be awesome.

Ramonda will be fine, the trailers show them talking at a beach and Ramonda has different dresses on.
    Might be a reshoot or something but I feel it's the bookends of the movie.

Don't rule out there might be a third party involved (Emma Frost anyone?) , The girl shooting from the helicopter is kinda sus.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have a fondness for the SVTU days too but also have my doubts about Doom showing up in an end credits scene too. But still looking forward to seeing the movie.

BTW, I didn't take pix but the Hot Topic had all the Wakanda figures like Namora and Attuma (still wish they gave us the traditional look on him) plus the Wakandans and RiRi Williams. I am going to be checking out Target and Game Stop sometime this week. Target already had the Hasbro Namor listed on their website. I've seen some sites listing the availability as October 17th so he may be on the shelves soon. I'm really liking how the Funko version turned out. Very colorful with waves being on his base.
    Well, as Marvel's 1st SVTU, I hope we see it at some point in the MCU.

I think it is one of the most ornate Funko's I've seen, with the wave and spear. The MCU Attuma look IS different, but it fits the movie. Hmmm. I don't think we have an Hasbro comic action figure for Attuma, yet. Of course, we don't have Namorita either. Actually, Namor's cast has been ignored quite a bit. Maybe the movie will remedy that.

aaahahah! I hate my Hot Topic!

But yes, that's the store I've seen most pics of the Wakanda Forever stuff dropping first.

Went to my Target a couple of weeks ago when they had the Titan action figures pics show up online, and they are remodeling, so didn't find anything. OMG. It's some sort of conspiracy. All my local stores are hiding the Namor loot!

Yes it has, much better than the last time i posted here in 2018
    Time flies.
    It does! And we all need a break sometimes. Glad to hear things are good with you.

I can't remember the last Mesoamerican centric movie after Apocalypto.
    This is definitely a good lane to take.

Wakanda Atlantis have been fighting for over a decade now..like let it go??
    Why is'nt BP bringing up stuff from Doomwar ? or Black Bolt still getting flak for releasing terrigen mists globally?
    Yep. They just won't let it go. It would be different if we got a Namor ongoing, I think. But we did get the Busiek mini-series, the Zdarsky Invaders mini-series, and now we're going to get a future take on Namor from Chris Cantwell. Oh, the Inhumans and X-fans still go at it. We don't see it in the comics so much because Marvel Editorial has dropped the Inhumans like a hot potato.

Yes, I think Apocalypto is the last Hollywood movie.

A D+ series on Talocan would be awesome.

Ramonda will be fine, the trailers show them talking at a beach and Ramonda has different dresses on.
    Might be a reshoot or something but I feel it's the bookends of the movie.

Don't rule out there might be a third party involved (Emma Frost anyone?) , The girl shooting from the helicopter is kinda sus.
    Hmmm. I guess I'll have to watch the trailer AGAIN. LOL!

People are pointing at Doom as the third party. But I don't think so.

Well, Coogler does have a contract with Marvel to produce some Disney+ shows. Everybody assumes they will be about Wakanda, but I don't know why he couldn't also do one for Namor.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-04-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Agree with this.

Wut? Boy I hope not. I don't think this movie needs that at all.

I think alot of us mixed feelings about the change in the movie, but it looks like they are going to do a fabulous job with it, and it will be a culture that we don't see often in the movies.

As usual, Namor will be a hero to HIS people. Actually, more than that it appears from the interviews.

Well, as I've stated before, Namor and T'challa have never gotten along, until Hudlin. But Namor doesn't get along with most rulers, if you think about it. He engages with them, but they certainly are NOT his friends, which makes sense. Other rulers are going to do what's best for their people.

PS:
    Namor's flight looks wondrous!
    I'm still stunned and happy that we got the green trunks and the ankle wings!

No matter how many times I watch this or the previous trailer I can't get over Namor descending to his throne. It looks so regal and majestic like god damn.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I've always headcanoned Namor's flight to be similar to a Hummingbird, the fast motion that happens when he hovers etc. seeing it play out was so amazing, its exactly like how I pictured it! It immediately makes Namor's flight pattern stand out from "traditional" superhero flying and it's tailored to work for his character! Much MUCH better than being another redone copy of how people often see heroes fly.
    Fun fact: Hummingbirds are pretty significant in Aztec cultures. They were emblematic for their vigor and energy, and their sharp beaks symbolized weapons, bloodletting, penetration, and intimacy. Additionally, the Aztec god of war Huitzilopochtli is often depicted as a hummingbird and the Aztecs believed that hummingbirds were the spirits of fallen warriors.

Aztec and Mayan cultures were very adjacent to one another like the Greeks and Romans (Namor is referred to as the Mayan feathered serpent god Kukulkan in the trailer, and the Aztec equivalent is the more notable Quetzalcoatl), so having Namor fly like a hummingbird is very apt.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I'm very excited for Namor.
    Sure they added the Mayan twist to it but in return we get so much details overlooked even by comics.
    The 'human' skin of his people when underwater, ankle wings in play, his arrogance. (unfazed by wakandan firepower)

Giving him the 'feathered serpent god' title is a huge plus too when casual viewers get confused why he can go toe to toe with Hulk and Thor.

Here's to the movie showing him as an effective politician and to the moving RESOLVING THE WAKANDA NAMOR CONFLIC THERE AND THEN
    That's what I'm worried about. If he'll be depicted on that level. Someone that can fight the Hulk and Thor, shouldn't be defeated by the Black Panther. Especially not the MCU version, and definitely not by Shuri (who isn't a warrior in the MCU).

I hope the fighting stops because they come to some kind of understanding, or Namor realizes something and is merciful. Shuri defeating Namor in a physical fight, even if she is wearing that vibranium suit, makes no sense.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly about Wakanda Forever, Coogler had this to say about Namor:

I think with making these types of movies, you've got to lean into the weird stuff, or you risk missing what makes it fun... He's got really unique features and things that don't necessarily go together. He can breathe underwater, obviously, but he's got these little wings on his ankles. He's got pointy ears and walks around in his underwear. It's all fun, man.
    https://twitter.com/AztecEmpire1520/...rChMW57fPm83pg

Here u go !

IIRC it was how Bill Everett wanted the Atlanteans to be
    No Im talking the new trailer. I think she's blue underwater in that one.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-04-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Here's my commission by Kinho Anderson!

https://www.instagram.com/kinhoandersons/?hl=en
    OMG I LOVE THIS!!!! This is so perfect! The details on this are wonderful!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Fun fact: Hummingbirds are pretty significant in Aztec cultures. They were emblematic for their vigor and energy, and their sharp beaks symbolized weapons, bloodletting, penetration, and intimacy. Additionally, the Aztec god of war Huitzilopochtli is often depicted as a hummingbird and the Aztecs believed that hummingbirds were the spirits of fallen warriors.

Aztec and Mayan cultures were very adjacent to one another like the Greeks and Romans (Namor is referred to as the Mayan feathered serpent god Kukulkan in the trailer, and the Aztec equivalent is the more notable Quetzalcoatl), so having Namor fly like a hummingbird is very apt.
    Thank you for that information! When I first thought of the "Hummingbird Wing Movement" it was for my headcanons/fanfiction and I never thought it would someday be displayed in a movie or that it would have this connection!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis