Page 59 of 238 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I made a Lady Dorma reading guide

edited to fix a mistake!

A few fans asked for other Sub-Mariner reading guides so I'm updating Namor's and making edits for more characters, Attuma, Namora, Andromeda, Namorita, Dr Dorcas, Tiger Shark, and Sting Ray are on my list so far.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 07-06-2022 at 09:44 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

MCU Namor fanart by Terry Blas

Dr Dorcas, He doesn't appear alot but his appearance in thunderbolts is so scary and I think we def need Dr Dorcas back as a main villain, I mean he is a guy who creates monsters to serve him and hates namor, this is perfect villain material.

He just has the most awful name though, and is visually uninteresting. I honestly thought he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    He just has the most awful name though, and is visually uninteresting. I honestly thought he was dead.
    He doesn't really have a SUPER VILLAIN name like Doctor Doom, however he was kinda sorta alive in Thunderbolts, basically he had injected himself with star fish genetics so he could regenerate and now is a weird creepy half man/half star fish who still operates on people and changes then into hybrids too, even though it looks like he dies in that comic, we all know most villains never really stay dead. I feel he is much more scary than Dr Hydro. If someone took Dorcas and really kept that sinister evil freaky vibe going from Thunderbolts I think he would make a great recurring villain. His old silver age look doesnt stand out, his thunderbolts look is very freaky, maybe someone could redesign that or something.

I know, right?! If they're not careful, one could confuse him with...

Doctor Demonicus

I am not very aware of Dr.Dorcas recent outings. I thought he was killed, crushed beneath the usual falling machinery or something.

I thought his appearance and character were quite villainous - he seemed at times to barely control TigerShark but he was the only one back then or I thought.

These guys do never die, which is double edged. As a bad guy he would mostly be known by my generation for his original deeds. Why not just make another villain with such creepy new powers?

But I guess I would like to see it so maybe that will happen. He might be creepier if he teamed up with someone like Mr. Sinister. They could really make some high powered creatures or beings.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

It's not because it's an outlandish name, like "Doom" or "Demonicus", it's because "Dorcas" is just an awful sounding name. Demonicus is silly as hell, pun intended, but it sounds fun. Dorcas though? It's either a terrible attempt at making an "aquatic" sounding name for a Sub-Mariner villain, by putting a "D" in front of "Orca", or worse, to be crude, just sounds like "Dork-ass".

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Dr Dorcas, He doesn't appear alot but his appearance in thunderbolts is so scary and I think we def need Dr Dorcas back as a main villain, I mean he is a guy who creates monsters to serve him and hates namor, this is perfect villain material.

Always good to have Namor related reading guides! Thank you, IW!

He's not high on my Namor rogue list, but if the MCU or the MU went with that hideous Thunderbolts version ....

Though, looking at that list and the rest of Namor's rogues, he is somewhat necessary. I mean, he created Tiger Shark and Orca. He also KILLED Betty Dean!!!

I agree for the most part. I do NOT like his name. And most of his appearances are visually boring. But his last one, in the Thunderbolts was truly horrific.

He doesn't really have a SUPER VILLAIN name like Doctor Doom, however he was kinda sorta alive in Thunderbolts, basically he had injected himself with star fish genetics so he could regenerate and now is a weird creepy half man/half star fish who still operates on people and changes then into hybrids too, even though it looks like he dies in that comic, we all know most villains never really stay dead. I feel he is much more scary than Dr Hydro. If someone took Dorcas and really kept that sinister evil freaky vibe going from Thunderbolts I think he would make a great recurring villain. His old silver age look doesnt stand out, his thunderbolts look is very freaky, maybe someone could redesign that or something.
    Oh yeah. He's much better and more important than Dr. Hydro. And I agree, if they use the Thunderbolts version and revamp him, he could definitely be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I am not very aware of Dr.Dorcas recent outings. I thought he was killed, crushed beneath the usual falling machinery or something.

I thought his appearance and character were quite villainous - he seemed at times to barely control TigerShark but he was the only one back then or I thought.

These guys do never die, which is double edged. As a bad guy he would mostly be known by my generation for his original deeds. Why not just make another villain with such creepy new powers?

But I guess I would like to see it so maybe that will happen. He might be creepier if he teamed up with someone like Mr. Sinister. They could really make some high powered creatures or beings.
    Good point. But as I said, he has had more influence than you think, what with creating two of Namor's long standing rogues. And Betty Dean murderer!

It's not because it's an outlandish name, like "Doom" or "Demonicus", it's because "Dorcas" is just an awful sounding name. Demonicus is silly as hell, pun intended, but it sounds fun. Dorcas though? It's either a terrible attempt at making an "aquatic" sounding name for a Sub-Mariner villain, by putting a "D" in front of "Orca", or worse, to be crude, just sounds like "Dork-ass".
    This is how it always sounds to me. LOL

Maybe he could use his first name as his surname. Dr. Lemuel.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I made a Lady Dorma reading guide

A few fans asked for other Sub-Mariner reading guides so I'm updating Namor's and making edits for more characters, Attuma, Namora, Andromeda, Namorita, Dr Dorcas, Tiger Shark, and Sting Ray are on my list so far.
    Another great reading guide! Thank you! Though I thought she had more appearances.

I'm definitely interested in Namorita and Sting Ray. Both of them have been used outside of Namor's books, so it will be cool to see what I'm missing.

I think that Young Men issue on Dorma's Golden Age section is actually #28, not #8.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The X-Men have Mister Sinister, The Avengers have the High Evolutionary, and Namor has DR. DORCAS! lol, yeah it's not as impressive as others but I do miss the Silver Age comics like this where mad scientists types were among Namor's Rogue gallery. I def think he needs to be updated/revamped for the future but still think he would be a great come back villain due to his past ties/actions within the comics. At least his two "deaths" were more impressive than Dr. Hydro being sucked up with a vacuum. lol

The X-Men have Mister Sinister, The Avengers have the High Evolutionary, and Namor has DR. DORCAS! lol, yeah it's not as impressive as others but I do miss the Silver Age comics like this where mad scientists types were among Namor's Rogue gallery. I def think he needs to be updated/revamped for the future but still think he would be a great come back villain due to his past ties/actions within the comics. At least his two "deaths" were more impressive than Dr. Hydro being sucked up with a vacuum. lol
    I think if Namor inadvertently, or not, had something to do with Dr. Lemuel's ghastly transformation, BEFORE he started making Tiger Shark and Orca, then his constant attacks would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think if Namor inadvertently, or not, had something to do with Dr. Lemuel's ghastly transformation, BEFORE he started making Tiger Shark and Orca, then his constant attacks would make more sense.
    See I see it more as "Dr. Dorcas spent years studying/doing experiments but then learned about Namor and became obsessed with him, his success with Tiger Shark and the whole way things ended with Namor makes Dorcas almost fanatical in his attempts to capture/use Namor for his future experiments, perhaps Dorcas is looking for the secret to how Atlanteans live so long, and immortality is a driving force for many villains. I don't feel like there needs to be anything pre Tiger Shark to tie him to Namor when those events do it very well but if Namor did have in some way, an effect on Dorcas without knowing that would work too depending on how the writer spins it. Namor's been around long enough to have effects on many people in the Marvel Universe without knowing it. I really don't think Dorcas should want to kill Namor when the whole point of him capturing Namor in the first place is to use his genetics for Tiger Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Another great reading guide! Thank you! Though I thought she had more appearances.

I'm definitely interested in Namorita and Sting Ray. Both of them have been used outside of Namor's books, so it will be cool to see what I'm missing.

I think that Young Men issue on Dorma's Golden Age section is actually #28, not #8.
    Oh damn, I will have to fix/reupload this, thanks Rev, I knew it was 28 but I didn't double check to make sure I had written the right number, lol. And I tried to stick to comics where she def had some kinda plot/relevant flashback or something, alot of times she just doesn't do anything and its just "oh dorma i loved/lost you" and I included the time that Namor was tricked by a fake Dorma bc it wasn't revealed until later that it was fake.

if there is a comic I missed then I will def add it in if anyone knows of an important comic!

I forgot that, but how could I. That look of supreme and righteous anger on Namor's face as she died.

That was probably an ultimate moment, for me at least.

But the creation of TigerShark and his very cavalier attitude over it, with Diane, etc. He was pretty evil for the time.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all