Page 51 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

I really really really want to see Namor family reunion with Namora and Namorita. I don't think it will ever happen

Shouldn't Namora and Namorita be princesses? They're part of the royal family. Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I really really really want to see Namor family reunion with Namora and Namorita. I don't think it will ever happen

Shouldn't Namora and Namorita be princesses? They're part of the royal family. Or am I missing something?
    Namora is queen of the depths. And yes, we never saw the Namora and Namorita reunion, damn Marvel.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Until the last decade, Namor was the ruling Prince. For some reason, Fraction decided to start calling Namor King, which has never been his title, previously.

Also, the royal family is a bit ... odd. Like who is actually in line to rule and what titles they get. Even in real monarchies, the titles don't always pass down, unless you are the heir. And then things were messed up with the whole adoption thing. I'm trying to remember if Byrrah was ever referred to as Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Namora is queen of the depths. And yes, we never saw the Namora and Namorita reunion, damn Marvel.
    We saw so little of Namora in the Marvel age, that her title and relationship is relatively unexplored.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I still think "Prince Namor" sounds better.

What's tis talk about Namora & Namorita, did I miss something, is there not still a possibility of them meeting again?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

What's tis talk about Namora & Namorita, did I miss something, is there not still a possibility of them meeting again?
    So Namor and Namora were together in Atlantis Attacks.
    Atlantis Attacks (2020) 05 (of 05)-009.jpg

I think the plan was for Agents of Atlas to be in King in Black Namor, but it didn't happen.
    Atlantis Attacks (2020) 05 (of 05)-021.jpg
    Atlantis Attacks (2020) 05 (of 05)-022.jpg

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Until the last decade, Namor was the ruling Prince. For some reason, Fraction decided to start calling Namor King, which has never been his title, previously.

Also, the royal family is a bit ... odd. Like who is actually in line to rule and what titles they get. Even in real monarchies, the titles don't always pass down, unless you are the heir. And then things were messed up with the whole adoption thing. I'm trying to remember if Byrrah was ever referred to as Prince.

We saw so little of Namora in the Marvel age, that her title and relationship is relatively unexplored.
    Saga of the Sub-Mariner #2 he is called Prince Byrrah, and Byrrah's royal blood was the key to opening the gates for Suma-Ket, I believe he was called a Prince there too, I've def seen it on and off throughout the years, Prince Byrrah, Lord Byrrah but I clearly recall Saga to have said it for sure.

Sometimes Byrrah was a cousin, other times he was Tha-Korr's step son, who even knows what Byrrah's, or Namora or Nita's place is in the Atlantean Court hierarchy, the Atlantean Court itself has never been fully explained, just some lords, ladies, council members, scribes, war lords etc, but to which houses do they belong? From what family line are they from?

Namora went from just being another halfling like Namor to being his distant yet close enough cousin to have some sort of line to the throne, Brave New World had her trying to take over. Nita as her daughter and Namora herself have been called princesses of Atlantis at some point or referred to as such.

In Saga Namor even says "everyone is in Atlantis is "distant cousins" ". So does this mean Cousins as a form of familiar greeting, or actual cousins, does this mean as I headcanon it, Atlanteans claim to be "distant cousins" so they would have a legitimate claim to the throne?

The constant way in the old comics Krang insisted Dorma marry him and they would rule Atlantis together makes me think in some succession line Dorma is somehow connected to the Atlantean Throne which is why Krang needed her wed to him.

Of course Namora as you said dropped off from a long time from the comics but she has been in Agents of Atlas consistently since her return, and I would definitely expect more Namora when MCU Namora is introduced.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

With how badly the New New Warriors flopped it wouldn't surprise me if they never brought Nita out of comic limbo again, because that was her big chance to return. These days the main water girl character I see is Pearl aka Wave.

And unless someone starts caring about the royal family and Namora and Nita then I would not expect a reunion either. I want one, wish for one, but practically speaking it's not going to happen as I currently see the state of Namor comics.

I agree that Prince Namor sounds wayyy better than King Namor but at this point I feel like he should be Emperor Namor, I never liked King Namor as his title.

Atlantis Attacks (2020) 05 (of 05)-009.jpg

I think the plan was for Agents of Atlas to be in King in Black Namor, but it didn't happen.
    Atlantis Attacks (2020) 05 (of 05)-021.jpg
    That's a great cover, I never saw that one!

In some modern cultures/sub cultures I know people use My/Their 'cousins' to refer to ethnically similar people, but *more stupid*. Make of that what you will.

I remember Byrrah being a cousin with others.

I thought very originally Namora was retconned to be Namor's cousin (blood) but then it was cousin through marriage.

I prefer the former, since their 'mutations' are so similar. Is Namora considered a mutant, btw?

Dorma is referred to as Lady often. From the Atlantean point of view she must have some familial connection to the throne.

Kind of like how Princess Diane was picked for Charles from the less nobility or aristocracy of the monarchy?

I can't pretend to really understand this, but frankly

These would be the stories that get my attention.

Not battles all the time with undersea barbarians or various militias but more court intrigues

because I like my soapy stuff.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    With how badly the New New Warriors flopped it wouldn't surprise me if they never brought Nita out of comic limbo again, because that was her big chance to return. These days the main water girl character I see is Pearl aka Wave.

And unless someone starts caring about the royal family and Namora and Nita then I would not expect a reunion either. I want one, wish for one, but practically speaking it's not going to happen as I currently see the state of Namor comics.

I agree that Prince Namor sounds wayyy better than King Namor but at this point I feel like he should be Emperor Namor, I never liked King Namor as his title.
    I agree. Prince sounds and is much better. Especially if they go with the King Neptune thing. Namor probably does have the title of Emperor, much like Victoria was Empress of India. But she used / was known by the oldest and most important title, Queen of Great Britain.

And no. We won't get a reunion of Namor, Namora, and Namorita or Marriana until we get a book, IF then. Now I'm going to go cry in the corner.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The New Warriors book didn't flop....it was just never released! There was a huge online backlash over some brand new characters which were described as "woke".

I'd love to read a Namor book and for it to go into detail of the court. I don't know who is next in line for the throne, but I do know that Nita was ruling Atlantis whilst Namor was erm away somewhere. So perhaps now that her mother is back, Namora would be next in line? That is unless Namor has children. And that's if Atlantean royalty is similar to human monarchies which I'm not sure it is.

And I agree with all of you, Prince Namor sounds better. But maybe that's because my age!

The New Warriors book didn't flop....it was just never released! There was a huge online backlash over some brand new characters which were described as "woke".

I'd love to read a Namor book and for it to go into detail of the court. I don't know who is next in line for the throne, but I do know that Nita was ruling Atlantis whilst Namor was erm away somewhere. So perhaps now that her mother is back, Namora would be next in line? That is unless Namor has children. And that's if Atlantean royalty is similar to human monarchies which I'm not sure it is.

And I agree with all of you, Prince Namor sounds better. But maybe that's because my age!
    That is the question.
    Because now he has a "son".

That's a great cover, I never saw that one!
    IIRC, this wasn't a cover, but the last page of the series.

That is the question.
    Because now he has a "son".
    Are you talking about Ove? That's an interesting question. Does he count? Actually, is he still alive?

Saga of the Sub-Mariner #2 he is called Prince Byrrah, and Byrrah's royal blood was the key to opening the gates for Suma-Ket, I believe he was called a Prince there too, I've def seen it on and off throughout the years, Prince Byrrah, Lord Byrrah but I clearly recall Saga to have said it for sure.

Sometimes Byrrah was a cousin, other times he was Tha-Korr's step son, who even knows what Byrrah's, or Namora or Nita's place is in the Atlantean Court hierarchy, the Atlantean Court itself has never been fully explained, just some lords, ladies, council members, scribes, war lords etc, but to which houses do they belong? From what family line are they from?
    Ah, that sounds about right. I forgot about Byrrah's royal blood being used in that spell. It's entirely possible that Byrrah is both step-uncle? and cousin, but he is NOT the offspring of Tha-Korr -- so his 'royal blood' has to come from his biological parents. Perhaps his mother is the wife of Tha-Korr's brother? Cousin doesn't necessarily mean first cousin. It just means at some point, they shared an ancestor. IIRC, Lady Dorma is a 'cousin,' and close enough to consider her blood royal? I seem to recall her telling Namor that, "my blood is as royal as yours," when she felt he didn't treat her properly. We did get a recitation of Lady Dorma's ancestors when they were supposed to be married.

Namora went from just being another halfling like Namor to being his distant yet close enough cousin to have some sort of line to the throne, Brave New World had her trying to take over. Nita as her daughter and Namora herself have been called princesses of Atlantis at some point or referred to as such.
    Namora and Nita's relationship to the throne is much more complicated, and unknown, especially with the retcons. And then you have the business of Nita being a clone... another retcon.

In Saga Namor even says "everyone is in Atlantis is "distant cousins" ". So does this mean Cousins as a form of familiar greeting, or actual cousins, does this mean as I headcanon it, Atlanteans claim to be "distant cousins" so they would have a legitimate claim to the throne?

The constant way in the old comics Krang insisted Dorma marry him and they would rule Atlantis together makes me think in some succession line Dorma is somehow connected to the Atlantean Throne which is why Krang needed her wed to him.

Of course Namora as you said dropped off from a long time from the comics but she has been in Agents of Atlas consistently since her return, and I would definitely expect more Namora when MCU Namora is introduced.
    That's only rumored to be Namora. IF the actress is Namor related, I think it far more likely that she's Andromeda.

Yep. See above, regarding Dorma. Also remember, Dara, and I think Seth are also cousins of Namor.

With the retcons of magical royal blood and the ruler being a conduit for magic, I think 'legitimate' claims to the throne aren't going to be all that legitimate. Unless, of course, there's a ceremony that makes those retcons possible once crowned.

Take a look at the Plantagent family tree for the War of the Roses in England. There's a butt load of people that are cousins there, several times removed. They all could and did refer to each other as cousin.

It could also be, that they all claim some sort of descent from Neptune or Kammuu and that's how they are all cousins.