Page 7 of 238 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Yes! I love Ikaris and the Eternals, both the movie and comics. I was lucky enough to be invited to the Eternals premiere cause of my Ikaris cosplay, and I also saw Eternals 10 times in theatres. So you could say that it's my favorite movie of all time haha. Ikaris was defintely one that required more patience with all the lines and circles on the design, but it is the one I am most proud of doing.

I mainly plan to do Namor I have a bunch of plans for this year to do 5 more on top of some exciting collabs with other cosplayers (Dorma, Tiger Shark, Attuma, U-Man,) I do want to do some of my other favorite cosmic characters down the line Nova, Starfox, and Quasar. Namor is my top priority though, I want to cosplay all his costumes! I got a list haha
    Wow, 10X for the Eternals movie! Lol, you must have enjoyed it.

Would love to see all of your next collabs and cosplays. Please keep us posted!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

No Namor in this weeks Avengers, thank god, but he will be showing up in the next one :/ I don't want to post another rant but let's just say that anything Aaron writes about Namor is B.S.

edited to add scan:

Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-19-2022 at 10:48 AM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Now that they've started filming again on Black Panther 2, the rumor mongering and clickbait articles have exploded. Here's my favorite article title:

Namor: Does Marvel Have Big Plans for the Sub-Mariner?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...arvel-studios/

My immediate reaction was laughter and snorting, followed by, "No. They do not."

Yup. Still bitter about Marvel completely dropping the ball on this character.
    The limitations on what they can use Namor for must be ending soon so they might have full rights back. Do I trust Marvel? heck no. But do I think Marvel wants to cash in on all that sweet sweet Aquaman money? heck yeah. Which for me just means we might get a chance to have more Namor comics. Still it's all just rumors until it's confirmed. Also more movie rumors, here is their Attuma: Tenoch Huerta, Mabel Cadena & Josué Maychi will star as the trio.

While I love Namora, I just hope they do have Dorma in there too because imo Namor needs Dorma as his main leading lady. She deserves to be in there as she is one of Marvel's oldest female characters. Also I am not judging any actor until I see their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The limitations on what they can use Namor for must be ending soon so they might have full rights back. Do I trust Marvel? heck no. But do I think Marvel wants to cash in on all that sweet sweet Aquaman money? heck yeah. Which for me just means we might get a chance to have more Namor comics. Still it's all just rumors until it's confirmed. Also more movie rumors, here is their Attuma: Tenoch Huerta, Mabel Cadena & Josué Maychi will star as the trio.

While I love Namora, I just hope they do have Dorma in there too because imo Namor needs Dorma as his main leading lady. She deserves to be in there as she is one of Marvel's oldest female characters. Also I am not judging any actor until I see their performance.
    In that pic, he woman (Mabel Cadena) has the looks of the blue female Namor (Namora?) character from Exiles.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

No Namor in this weeks Avengers, thank god, but he will be showing up in the next one :/ I don't want to post another rant but let's just say that anything Aaron writes about Namor is B.S.

edited to add scan:

He looks gorgeous, but he’s looked amazing since Aaron’s run began. Unfortunately Aaron’s run has been complete garbage.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

edited to add scan:
    Dodged a bullet there! But then we see this preview page.... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He looks gorgeous, but he’s looked amazing since Aaron’s run began. Unfortunately Aaron’s run has been complete garbage.
    Agree 200%!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In that pic, he woman (Mabel Cadena) has the looks of the blue female Namor (Namora?) character from Exiles.
    It's partly because of the dark hair. But she does have a fearsome, brook no fools visage!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I agree with you on Dorma being the leading lady, but I feel like she would be a great fit for a Namor solo film.

My curiousity with Namora is will she still be called Namora, or will she be called Aquaria Nautica Neptunia? To the general public calling her Namora might be confusing. I know for me when I say the big Namor players theyre always like "wait so theres a Namor, Namora AND a Namorita?!"

Also I PRAY that they leave Namora as his cousin, none of that incest stuff or changing her to not family.

I agree with you on Dorma being the leading lady, but I feel like she would be a great fit for a Namor solo film.

My curiousity with Namora is will she still be called Namora, or will she be called Aquaria Nautica Neptunia? To the general public calling her Namora might be confusing. I know for me when I say the big Namor players theyre always like "wait so theres a Namor, Namora AND a Namorita?!"

Also I PRAY that they leave Namora as his cousin, none of that incest stuff or changing her to not family.
    Ooooff same, I mean the incesty stuff never really made it into the comics, thank goodness, but it might be hard to explain Nita as a clone if MCU won't allow clones, so just having her as Namora's daughter should be enough imo. I would love to see a teen Nita in the movies as Namor's favorite cousin whom he treats like a little sister. I didn't think about the Aquaria/Namora thing but that makes sense.

I would like Namora to be called Aquaria Nautica Neptunia or any one of them, because it gives her more identity away from the name "Namor" and thus keeps Namor's name unique as well. Namorita they could just use Nita.

Yikes, I just realized: I just hope they do not shorten it to ANN, lol, a very surface world name!

I would like Namora to be called Aquaria Nautica Neptunia or any one of them, because it gives her more identity away from the name "Namor" and thus keeps Namor's name unique as well. Namorita they could just use Nita.

Yikes, I just realized: I just hope they do not shorten it to ANN, lol, a very surface world name!
    Agreed with that, I always thought it was such a loss that they have called her Namora all these years. Like youre telling me you got a girl named Aquaria Nautica Neptunia and you deicde that she should be called Namora?? smdh that is such a regal and beautiful name

Agreed with that, I always thought it was such a loss that they have called her Namora all these years. Like youre telling me you got a girl named Aquaria Nautica Neptunia and you deicde that she should be called Namora?? smdh that is such a regal and beautiful name
    They probably stuck with Namora bc they didn't want the competition comic companies to use that, hence why we have the power girl, power man, wonder woman, wonder man etc. thing. of course the in canon explanation is she took it on as her surface hero identity but honestly if they just used Aquaria I would like it better, I'm very over the Namor, Namora, Namorita and every single version they can make of it names. This includes Roman too. I just feel it's lazy and they should come up with individual names.

Yes! I love Ikaris and the Eternals, both the movie and comics. I was lucky enough to be invited to the Eternals premiere cause of my Ikaris cosplay, and I also saw Eternals 10 times in theatres. So you could say that it's my favorite movie of all time haha. Ikaris was defintely one that required more patience with all the lines and circles on the design, but it is the one I am most proud of doing.

I mainly plan to do Namor I have a bunch of plans for this year to do 5 more on top of some exciting collabs with other cosplayers (Dorma, Tiger Shark, Attuma, U-Man,) I do want to do some of my other favorite cosmic characters down the line Nova, Starfox, and Quasar. Namor is my top priority though, I want to cosplay all his costumes! I got a list haha
    Those collaborations sound awesome! I think I've only seen one ... maybe two Lady Dorma. And never a U-Man. I loved your Invaders picture shoot!

I think you'd make a great Starfox!

That is beyond cool that you got invited to the Eternals premiere! And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who goes to see movies I love multiple times in theatre. I think I saw The 300 in the theatres 15 times. ;p

Wow, 10X for the Eternals movie! Lol, you must have enjoyed it.

Would love to see all of your next collabs and cosplays. Please keep us posted!
    What Phoenixx9 said! Please share your cosplays with us.

Do you think so? Cause it's been 3+ years, and Marvel has done zero about pushing Namor. Yes, there are rumors about an MCU debut, but I think that's wishful thinking on BP fans' part.

Yes, the newest rumor says that Lake Bell is a scientist (and maybe Riri) who invents a machine that can detect vibranium and that leads them to the ocean. I still maintain, that fits far better for the Savage Land. I could easily see these three playing Zaldane, maybe Garok and the Sun People.

I feel like Marvel was biding their time with things like Namor and finding work arounds so they don't have to pay Universal anything, Marvel/Disney don't share nice with others as we saw from the X-Men stuff. But now they basically have everyone back full time except Spider-Man and those tied up with Universal but Universal has not kept their end of the bargain, there is no way they still have Namor rights without producing a movie, look at what happened with Fantastic Four, they made that last movie just to keep the rights. So I really do feel these are Atlanteans however I'm not pleased they will be in Black Panther, I am hoping they just have a misunderstanding before moving them into other movies. A whole franchise seems like a far stretch but multiple movies doesn't seem too far fetched. They have a lot in place for them to do a DEFENDERS movie, the actual defenders not the netflix ones, with doctor strange, hulk, already being there, Namor popping up might happen and well the fantastic four will be in the mcu soon and so will silver surfer I'm betting. So it may be wishful thinking but I really feel that Marvel will have Namor in the mcu soon, I hope.